Kidney Health

yerrag

Last edited:

Orius

One thing I read recently is that cream of tartar can alkalize the urine so that bacteria can't thrive as easily in the renal system, including the bladder, due to its high potassium content. It's an old remedy for UTIs. Higher potassium also acts as a weak diuretic to increase urine output.

yerrag

About 15 mg per day K2 seems about right: Search

To lower blood pressure. For a short period though, given the amount involved.

I rubbed 5 drops of Kuinone this afternoon, equiv to 7;5 mg of k2. Then had 1 hour of far infrared therapy on a mat that warms up with infrared heat.

Before : 195/117 blood pressure

After: 155/102 (3 hours later)

About a year ago, k2 didn't work for me. There was something else going on inside me that needed to be resolved before the effects of k2 could kick in. Since then, I had built up my body's electrolyte levels. Recently, a hidden periodontal condition was discovered and the condition was resolved. The chronic bacterial infection was a source of stress that likely contributed to the high blood pressure. My neutrophil levels, after years of steadily increasing from 54% to 74%, finally began to come down and at the last test, it went down to 64%. This somehow confirms that the chronic bacterial infection is gone, and that there's less need for neutrophils.

What seems to remain are the blood vessels (not sure if it's the renal artery or just the glomerular capillaries) in my kidneys used to 15 years of high blood pressure and probably becoming thick and inflexible. Vitamin K2 looks to be working to restore the suppleness of the blood vessels.

I also had benefited from therapeutic intakes of niacinamide, taken at a dose of 30 mg/kg. I'm not sure if the infrared mat helped, but I think it did.

I don't want to jump the gun yet. Much work remains to be done but I am hopeful that this chapter of battling high blood pressure will be the last.

TeaRex14

Grapes and/or grape juice (preferably freshly made) are really good for kidney health. Blueberries are too, in fact a lot of fresh fruits are good for kidney health. Drinking Dr. Peat's potato protein juice would be a good way to get kidney friendly protein as well.

yerrag

Grapes and/or grape juice (preferably freshly made) are really good for kidney health. Blueberries are too, in fact a lot of fresh fruits are good for kidney health. Drinking Dr. Peat's potato protein juice would be a good way to get kidney friendly protein as well.
It seems that the fruits high in tannins, phenols, and terpenes such as those you mentioned would be. I can't get organic grapes nor berries (except for an occasional strawberry, and only if it's organic, which is seldom) so I'll probably have to settle for red wine. I once had a good BP lowering experience with Argentinian Malbec, so Im gonna try another. I can also get tamarind, which is in season. Some roots like chicory and some leaves like basil and a local Philippine leaf called pansit-pansitan may help as well. I think all these have some descaling action on the arterioles.

Red beets as well.

yerrag

Thanks Amazoniac. I took a scan of these articles. It is a possibility, but not probable in my case. I have no gut issues at all. But I'll keep these in the back burner. In case I'm wrong.

TeaRex14

It seems that the fruits high in tannins, phenols, and terpenes such as those you mentioned would be. I can't get organic grapes nor berries (except for an occasional strawberry, and only if it's organic, which is seldom) so I'll probably have to settle for red wine. I once had a good BP lowering experience with Argentinian Malbec, so Im gonna try another. I can also get tamarind, which is in season. Some roots like chicory and some leaves like basil and a local Philippine leaf called pansit-pansitan may help as well. I think all these have some descaling action on the arterioles.

Red beets as well.
You could try activated charcoal as well, a dose of around 5-10 grams right before bed, about 2 hours after your last meal.

yerrag

You could try activated charcoal as well, a dose of around 5-10 grams right before bed, about 2 hours after your last meal.
I can give that a try. In what way does it help?

TeaRex14

I can give that a try. In what way does it help?
There's been some evidence to suggest AC helps the kidney function and improve filtration. Even in late stage kidney failure.
Combination of oral activated charcoal plus low protein diet as a new alternative for handling in the old end-stage renal disease patients. - PubMed - NCBI
MEDICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL: REVIEW ARTICLE | Alkhatib | European Scientific Journal, ESJ

In this article it even suggests a 30 gram dose of AC can have great benefits in people who have refused dialysis in end stage renal disease. Activated charcoal is good stuff, I take a 10 gram dose three times a week myself. Nothing wrong with everyday usage either as long as you take it relatively close to bedtime. That way it's a couple hours after your last meal, and at least eight hours before your next meal. AC could bind to nutrients in your food, or supplements, and prevent adsorption.

yerrag

There's been some evidence to suggest AC helps the kidney function and improve filtration. Even in late stage kidney failure.
Combination of oral activated charcoal plus low protein diet as a new alternative for handling in the old end-stage renal disease patients. - PubMed - NCBI
MEDICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL: REVIEW ARTICLE | Alkhatib | European Scientific Journal, ESJ

In this article it even suggests a 30 gram dose of AC can have great benefits in people who have refused dialysis in end stage renal disease. Activated charcoal is good stuff, I take a 10 gram dose three times a week myself. Nothing wrong with everyday usage either as long as you take it relatively close to bedtime. That way it's a couple hours after your last meal, and at least eight hours before your next meal. AC could bind to nutrients in your food, or supplements, and prevent adsorption.
Thanks! I get the impression from these articles that they're useful in filtering urea, toxins, and other substances, but their use would be limited to the gut. Endotoxins would likewise be lessened, which would be helpful. I was hoping it would mention it would extend to uric acid, but no mention is made of it. Perhaps, in an indirect way, as uric acid contains nitrogen? Nonetheless, it's worth trying and observing for its effects. Will see if it's practical for me to take 10 grams of it 2 hours after each meal to get 30grams in each day.

TeaRex14

Thanks! I get the impression from these articles that they're useful in filtering urea, toxins, and other substances, but their use would be limited to the gut. Endotoxins would likewise be lessened, which would be helpful. I was hoping it would mention it would extend to uric acid, but no mention is made of it. Perhaps, in an indirect way, as uric acid contains nitrogen? Nonetheless, it's worth trying and observing for its effects. Will see if it's practical for me to take 10 grams of it 2 hours after each meal to get 30grams in each day.
That's probably doable, 2 hours after each meal your food is typically already being digested, unless you've got low stomach acid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals