Is Farmacia Del Niño dodgy?

4peatssake

Steffi said:
Hey 4p! Have you ordered directly into Canada? Have you or anyone else ever had problems with an order from MExico into Canada or into the US?
I planned on ordering into the US to friends, but with the time being so long and unprdictable I'd rather have it sent to a Canada address.
No I shipped to a US address. I was unsure of customs in Canada and chose rather to bring it across the border myself. I've had no problems until this last issue due to their ongoing issues with securing a credit card processor. All of my previous orders into the US went well and I could track them online. I don't know of anyone who's sent a money order or cashier check so I can't speak to that process.

It does sadden me that they are being strong armed out of business. :(

Birdie

I made my order today. Same procedure as Lin. My email confirmation shows a new merchant name but still one in China... I chose the cheapest ship, which they say will take 14 business days. Hope the Christmas commerce doesn't slow it down too much. We'll see.

Steffi, I once ordered from mymexican to deliver in Canada and it arrived faster than similar one to states, but that was back a couple of years. Prob not helpful info now...

Birdie

Oh, something just occurred to me... A few days ago, I mentioned to my pharmacist that I might get my minocycline tablets from India, he said, "well, that's where ours comes from anyway."

Funny with all the talk about unreliable stuff from India, ie get yours here to be safe.

Steffi

Oh yes. Almost all medication and food additive chemicals are coming from China or India nowadays.

I would say that it's not so much the cheaper labour but more the "savings" due to regulations for health, safety and environment, which are easier to circumvent or non-existent there. Interestingly, I think it was a topic in the last Bourne-thriller.

4peatssake

Yes it was!

the-bourne-legacy03.jpg

Jenn

Birdie said:
I just now tried to give my credit card info by phone. They asked for my date of birth, which is not usual and customary. I believe this is a legitimate company, but it is a red flag to be asked for unusual information. The girl was very sweet and submitted my info sans DOB. But the card was denied. I use this card every day btw.

Just got an email confirmation (but without payment it won't fly) and it came from Ninopharmacy...

Have been wanting to order from FdN since they are quite a bit cheaper than Mymexicandrugstore. But, guess I'll have to pay premium until FdN can get the online credit card fixed. She said they are working on it.

When a card is flagged for security reasons, it very rarely has anything to do with how often the card is used. It usually has to do with "trends". Sometimes particular purchases or merchants are labeled "high risk", NOT because the merchant is doing anything wrong, but because of activity of others.

For example, there's a particular grocery store in NC that has any transaction over $20 or so labeled "high risk". Apparently, they have a lot of "customers" that used lost/stolen/counterfeit cards there.

Birdie

Not sure that I made it clear that farmacia does need to take a birthdate in order for your credit card to go through.
My dh, the recovering lawyer, said to give a fake bday. I tried that. Didn't work. It's not just any old date that works. So, I told the guy in Spanish what was going on with mi esposo... Laughter.. I think mostly at my Spanish but sweet guy took real bday. Went through. Will be glad to get the old cynoplus which we're low on.

lindsay

Peatri Dish said:
I have been sending the money order to the guy in Texas and a month to six weeks later I get the package. VISA would not process the order. It kept getting turned down by "verify by visa" I guess the pharmaceutical companies could put in a complaint and the government could inform visa as a normal course of business. It just feels like one more barrier. I was skeptical when I read the instructions to send a money order but I figured what the hell! Is tarted with a small order as a test. I just didn't want to let the banks stop me. I'm adjusting as I go ...I don't think it's going to get easier.

I was just going to order my Cynoplus again from FDN, and noticed they were no longer taking cards. But they do at their .com site. However, prices and shipping are quite a bit higher - it's like a $20 difference. How does the money order thing work?? I'd rather pay $20 less and send a money order, so long as it shows up at my doorstep I don't care.

Peatri Dish

You can process your order right up until the end where there is a choice to do credit card through verify or unsecured credit card or money order. Pick money order and they will give you the address for the money order. You send the amount and mark your order number on the M.O. I've done it a few times with no problems. The largest order I did that way was about $200. I sent the money in good faith. They sent the merchandise.

lindsay

Peatri Dish said:
You can process your order right up until the end where there is a choice to do credit card through verify or unsecured credit card or money order. Pick money order and they will give you the address for the money order. You send the amount and mark your order number on the M.O. I've done it a few times with no problems. The largest order I did that way was about $200. I sent the money in good faith. They sent the merchandise.

Good to know! Thanks! Was this ordering through the .mx site or the .com site?? The .mx site no longer lists credit card as an option, which is why I wanted to try the money order, since it's about $20 cheaper than using the .com site and paying with a card.

narouz

My last 2 orders did arrive
but they took forever.
I live in USA.

One took over a month.
Another took about a month and half.

Its seems that they are not shipping out until long after the order is placed.
Also, seems that American customs are holding onto the packages for a long time.
I can't see that they've opened them.
They just seem to be detouring them and delaying them for...I don't know...

:2cents I've successfully ordered from FdN three times now. The last two times I had to put a call in to Jesus down in Texas to give my card info. Stuff arrives in two weeks. Very good outfit, not dodgy at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals