Cancer Signals, Markers And Tests

Philomath

Moderators: Is it possible to create a new forum specific to Cancer?

After my Oncologist told me there were no simple markers or antigen tests for my cancer (muco-epidermoid carcinoma), I looked here for some possible possible signs or tests. Here are a few that I’ve found, please let me know if I missed any.

1. Tests for - enzymes glyoxylase I & II are often found upregulated in cancer; and many studies have shown this. High glyoxylaseactivity means both low methylglyoxal concentrations and high lactic acid. @Amazoniac @Travis Koc

2. Lactic acidosis test. Is the Warburg effect something that can be tested? Is it a reliable sign you might be a candidate for some form of cancer? If you’ve finished treatment, is it a likely sign of reoccurrence/ metastasis?

3. Low levels of Calcium: Why Ray Recommends Eating Lots Of Calcium. @haidut @Amazoniac

4. vitamin B12 levels High- Is high vitamin B12 status a cause of lung cancer? - PubMed - NCBI Low - https://www.cancertherapyadvisor.co...in-medicine/hospital-medicine/b12-deficiency/

5. Tests for particular gut bacteria? Gut Bacteria May Cause ALL Autoimmune Conditions; Antibiotics Can Cure

6. Progesterone/androgen deficiency, low DHT or Testosterone? Androgen Deficiency As The Main Cause Of Chronic Disease In Males

LucyL

If your oncologist is anything like mine, by none available, they mean no huge study backed standard of care tests (or whatever). My oncologists loves to repeat she is very "data driven".
Do you have the book "Cancer Free, Are You Sure?" by Jenny Hrbacek? It covers a lot of test that can be done.
This site lists a lot of blood tests that give a better picture of cancer activity What Common Blood Tests Reveal About Cancer Risk

My natural DO did a Nagalese and an IvyGene on me.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Moderators: Is it possible to create a new forum specific to Cancer?

After my Oncologist told me there were no simple markers or antigen tests for my cancer (muco-epidermoid carcinoma), I looked here for some possible possible signs or tests. Here are a few that I’ve found, please let me know if I missed any.

1. Tests for - enzymes glyoxylase I & II are often found upregulated in cancer; and many studies have shown this. High glyoxylaseactivity means both low methylglyoxal concentrations and high lactic acid. @Amazoniac @Travis Koc

2. Lactic acidosis test. Is the Warburg effect something that can be tested? Is it a reliable sign you might be a candidate for some form of cancer? If you’ve finished treatment, is it a likely sign of reoccurrence/ metastasis?

3. Low levels of Calcium: Why Ray Recommends Eating Lots Of Calcium. @haidut @Amazoniac

4. vitamin B12 levels High- Is high vitamin B12 status a cause of lung cancer? - PubMed - NCBI Low - https://www.cancertherapyadvisor.co...in-medicine/hospital-medicine/b12-deficiency/

5. Tests for particular gut bacteria? Gut Bacteria May Cause ALL Autoimmune Conditions; Antibiotics Can Cure

6. Progesterone/androgen deficiency, low DHT or Testosterone? Androgen Deficiency As The Main Cause Of Chronic Disease In Males
Thank you, that's a great idea. I hope you are doing well! @charlie

OP
Philomath

Philomath

If your oncologist is anything like mine, by none available, they mean no huge study backed standard of care tests (or whatever). My oncologists loves to repeat she is very "data driven".
Do you have the book "Cancer Free, Are You Sure?" by Jenny Hrbacek? It covers a lot of test that can be done.
This site lists a lot of blood tests that give a better picture of cancer activity What Common Blood Tests Reveal About Cancer Risk

My natural DO did a Nagalese and an IvyGene on me.
Yes, my oncologist is VERY data driven! They have all sorts of clinical trials, and data, on the 5 year success rate of 60 grays of fractionated radiation, the standard of care. NO data on success rates with surgery alone, and no data on success rates with 30 gray of radiation.

I’ve decided to stop at 30 gray since the side effects aren’t worth it. I’m likely surgically cured, I had my infected root canal removed and I have many new-found non-toxic methods to kill the cancer stem cells and transition out of the Warburg state.
The reason for the above post is that I don’t have easy blood markers, like PSA’s, to determine my success. I only have constant CT or MRI scans.

Btw @LucyL , thank you for the links and book suggestions.. I’m on it!

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thank you, that's a great idea. I hope you are doing well! @charlie
Thank you for asking @Blossom ! I feel pretty darn good considering I’ve been through 4 weeks of radiation. My docs told me that I’m “ahead of the curve” as it relates to side-effects. My neck is red and my goatee hair on that side is beginning to shed - but other than that, no pain, no hearing or taste loss and no decrease in saliva production.

Not surprisingly, they have NO clue about red light therapy, niacinamide or aspirin for side effect amelioration - even though there are published studies on IR light preventing mouth sores! Another shocker...they have no clue that progesterone calms inflammation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you for asking @Blossom ! I feel pretty darn good considering I’ve been through 4 weeks of radiation. My docs told me that I’m “ahead of the curve” as it relates to side-effects. My neck is red and my goatee hair on that side is beginning to shed - but other than that, no pain, no hearing or taste loss and no decrease in saliva production.

Not surprisingly, they have NO clue about red light therapy, niacinamide or aspirin for side effect amelioration - even though there are published studies on IR light preventing mouth sores! Another shocker...they have no clue that progesterone calms inflammation.
:grouphug
I’m glad you have those tools to help you heal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals