Absolutely done with milk

Jack Earth

I disagree with the overall mindset here about milk which is if you don't react well to milk the problem is you.
If you tried and it's really not for you then quit rather than forcing it upon yourself because others tell you that it's good for everyone and the problem is you.

Apple

I disagree with the overall mindset here about milk which is if you don't react well to milk the problem is you.
If you tried and it's really not for you then quit rather than forcing it upon yourself because others tell you that it's good for everyone and the problem is you.
lactose intolerance or hypochlorhydria ?

OP
J

Jack Earth

lactose intolerance or hypochlorhydria ?
I can digest anything no food bothers me even gluten and pufa.
I'm not interested in milk at all anymore, I want others to know my opinion.
I'd rather find another calcium source instead of working on digesting milk properly.
I tried what one poster wrote about eating sardines with bones. I felt great despite pufa of fish.
For me milk is over, I don't think it's essential. I'd suggest others struggling with it to quit.

Hugh Johnson

Usually we tell people to listen to their body

GodsHound

I know Ray has challenged the idea of milk intolerance due to ethnic predispositions but it has always made sense to me that different haplogroups will be accustom to eating the diets they have always eaten.

In the past we would learn what to eat through family or communal meals, which were often slower to prepare and would take effort to source ingredients. They would also act as rituals of communal bonding. You would inherit the information about what to eat. This is no longer common practice in the west.

So you drop someone, with no knowledge of what their ancestors have been eating for thousands of years, into a supermarket with food from all over the globe.

Idk I know healthy people with great physiques that don't drink milk. And hey, there's always a soy alternative ;)

PolishSun

in eastern europe they say that you need amino acids to make enzymes to digest milk to make amino acids to make enzymes to digest milk (it is a closed circle) (repeat millions times).

ursidae

Not in regards to milk. Obviously you and some others will be exceptions... But most here will suggest continue working on it

Yup even if you’re developing insulin resistance/balding/obesity/eczema/sebderm/cystic acne/colitis just push through and don’t forget to first experiment with:

raw, organic, pasture raised, conventional, pasteurised, non homogenised, homogenised, lactose free, high fat, vitamin fortified, non-fortified, stored in glass bottle, stored in a carton, low fat, cow, goat, sheep, buffalo, camel, mare, human, alpaca, room temperature, body temperature, hot, cold, coffee added, Ayurvedic spices added, no fibre diet, enemas, 2 week milk fasts, doxycycline, amoxicillin, t3, drinking a 10 ml per hour, Aged cheeses, fresh cheeses, kefir, raw kefir, Greek yogurt, sour cream, digestive enzymes, hcl supplementation

same result every time

Last edited:
OP
J

Jack Earth

I know Ray has challenged the idea of milk intolerance due to ethnic predispositions but it has always made sense to me that different haplogroups will be accustom to eating the diets they have always eaten.

In the past we would learn what to eat through family or communal meals, which were often slower to prepare and would take effort to source ingredients. They would also act as rituals of communal bonding. You would inherit the information about what to eat. This is no longer common practice in the west.

So you drop someone, with no knowledge of what their ancestors have been eating for thousands of years, into a supermarket with food from all over the globe.

Idk I know healthy people with great physiques that don't drink milk. And hey, there's always a soy alternative ;)
Great point

OP
J

Jack Earth

What kind of issues are you having from drinking milk?
I recognize your name I like your posts so no disrespect but I'm not going to work on it.
Like the poster above said listen to your body. I don't need milk

P

Peatness

Milk intolerance is frustrating because it is such a crucial part of the RP diet. I have stuck to milk because I don’t cook (long story) so milk is easy calories but it bloats me. After 6 years I am still lactose intolerant and I suspect other issues like low stomach acid, bile issues. Dr Peat does not insist on milk, he suggests milk if tolerated. I insist on it because my options are limited but I may be forced to quit because the adverse effects are not benign.

Sweet Meat

I recognize your name I like your posts so no disrespect but I'm not going to work on it.
he didn't ask you to work on it...he asked what the problem is...

it's legit weird you want to make a thread expressing your negative opinion about something, and when someone asks you to elaborate, you respectfully tell them to stfu

lol

boris

No worries ;)

That's right, I was just interested what kind of symptoms were experienced, but I can understand if someone doesn't want to elaborate.

dukesbobby777

I’m also a long term non milk responder and yes I’ve tried absolutely everything there is to try. Ironically, goats milk actually causes the most unpleasant symptoms.

I can tolerate milk just fine when used as a condiment for coffee. And that’s fine because decent cheeses cause me no issues whatsoever. So it’s not the end of the world not having milk.

Sweet Meat

That's right, I was just interested what kind of symptoms were experienced, but I can understand if someone doesn't want to elaborate.
so was i.

i specifically didn't comment because there is zero context, and i figured more info would follow

now i must conclude this man hates cows, goats, camels...anything that lactates tbh.

c'est la vie.

OP
J

Jack Earth

it's legit weird you want to make a thread expressing your negative opinion about something, and when someone asks you to elaborate, you respectfully tell them to stfu

lol
I hope he didn't view it as that I like his posts. Ill elaborate for him

Apple

I can digest anything no food bothers me even gluten and pufa.
I'm not interested in milk at all anymore, I want others to know my opinion.
I'd rather find another calcium source instead of working on digesting milk properly.
I tried what one poster wrote about eating sardines with bones. I felt great despite pufa of fish.
For me milk is over, I don't think it's essential. I'd suggest others struggling with it to quit.
In theory milk is ideal food.
Ray Peat = milk, milk and lots of milk. Everything else if just a side dish. Milk is balanced with calcium/magnesium/phosphoros / aminoacid profile. Just add some orange to get vit C and you are good.
Lactose is prebiotic itself and is good for those who tolerates it.

I totally hear what you say, I get same thoughts everyday.
I would be happy to quit it but every day I encounter new studies involving centenarians doing very good with couple glasses of milk compared to non-milk-drinkers.
But is it really beneficial for people who force milk on themselves? I never heard somebody really restored 100% lactose tolerance. How many years would it take ? I don't think it is just a matter of weeks or several months.

Imagine a person who drinks a gallon of milk everyday + orange juice...
if you are a normal person going to work everyday you would need access to that gallon of milk(+ juice) all the time (as you need to drink it through out the day with small portions) + add pooping three times a day + accidental farts :))) hell of life unless you are living out of town. It is completely antisocial. All your life turns into simply satisfying your nutritional needs.
Not to mention supplying your fridge every couple days with that amount of milk - is just insane. So think carefully if you really need/want to be like Ray Peat living in the city...

Though I like munching on something and drinking every 30 min - 1 hour, milk is cheap and accesible ... and easy to calculate the amount of calcium and it is low fat, contains small amount of thyroid and small amount of igf-1 in milk is beneficial. So munching on milk is probable healthier than cookie or nuts.
It can be easily converted to yogurt.

On the negative side , milk made me addicted and I have trouble focusing since I have started drinking milk.
It is difficult to combine milk with other foods.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jack Earth

No worries ;)

It varies. Yesterday was gas. Some days I feel cramps. Other days bloat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals