Abilify Does It Reduce Serotonin

Frankdee20

does the drug abilify reduce serotonin.

Abilify is part of the second generation or atypical antipsychotics also used in the management of affective disorders, secondary to antidepressants. It differs from them in that it opposes D2 and D3 stronger than 5ht2a. It’s strongest serotonin Effect is 5ht2c, and 5ht1a, acting as a partial agonist, indirectly lowering serotonin. That’s part of its appeal for treatment of depression. There’s better choices if you must use an antipsychotic for blocking any 5ht receptors.

Frankdee20

frank what would be a good alternative antipsychotic other then
Risperidone I've seen it lower t level in a study.

I think a lot of antipsychotics, if not all, will increase prolactin via their strong Dopamine antagonism. This is going to hurt testosterone levels, period !

marcar72

frank what would be a good alternative antipsychotic other then
Risperidone I've seen it lower t level in a study.

I would suggest Seroquel. It blocks histamine first, then serotonin, and if the dose is high enough finally dopamine. From what I've read it seems to be the safest of the atypical anti-psychotics.

Frankdee20

I would suggest Seroquel. It blocks histamine first, then serotonin, and if the dose is high enough finally dopamine. From what I've read it seems to be the safest of the atypical anti-psychotics.

+1 on that. It’s used in low doses as a sleeping aid, due to histamine blockade.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I'm part of a program that supports me gives me rides for groceries hangs out with me etc I need to see a shrink once a month and I have to take meds those are the rules. Once i'm done with the program I'll get off them or try mirtazapine for a little while from my g.p.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals