Looking For Help, Worried About My Partner's Immune System

caspar

Im not sure where else to turn as Ive been reading so much conflicting information lately.

my partner has been on Duloxetine (Cymbalta) and Aripiprazole (Abilify) for about 3 years
theyve also been on a Kyleena IUD for 6 months, releasing the synthetic progestin, and had an iron infusion around the same time due to severe anemia (which they did not know they had or how they got it).
they are often stressed over being frequently fatigued, and getting headaches (every other day to varying degrees) and overall body pains. they are sometimes dizzy, and anhedonic. theyve suffered iterations of anxiety-panic-depression over the years, as well as being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in their teens (the height of the pains).

I am new to the Dr. Peat and their research, and an outsider to much of what is being discussed here, but am highly skeptical of mainstream healthcare solutions and was lucky to come across this forum. Im looking to help my partner in case they come down with COVID, and am especially worried about their reaction given how Ive seen them feel lately, and knowing that the medications could be building up too much serotonin.

thanks to anyone for reading/responding,,,

ladyhawke

I don't know if you had feedback elsewhere on the forum. Im not one of the most well read members on here, so I hope someone else gets back to you. Otherwise I hope you found the general coronavirus related threads and picked up some helpful information.

Wondering how things are going for your partner and yourself.

OP
caspar

caspar

I don't know if you had feedback elsewhere on the forum. Im not one of the most well read members on here, so I hope someone else gets back to you. Otherwise I hope you found the general coronavirus related threads and picked up some helpful information.

Wondering how things are going for your partner and yourself.

thanks for the reply, Ive been getting some advice through other posts. COVID aside, its going to be a longer battle to get off the meds, find out what's really causing her to feel like she does, and try out alternative treatments.

thanks for the reply, Ive been getting some advice through other posts. COVID aside, its going to be a longer battle to get off the meds, find out what's really causing her to feel like she does, and try out alternative treatments.

Highly likely that the Partner has a background of junkfood dieting like lots of cornflakes and Food which comes out of a cardboard box with high-shelflife?
What is the Diet like from you and your Partner,what do you eat in a day?

OP
caspar

caspar

Highly likely that the Partner has a background of junkfood dieting like lots of cornflakes and Food which comes out of a cardboard box with high-shelflife?
What is the Diet like from you and your Partner,what do you eat in a day?

our current diet (since all the covid responses kicked off) has been mostly rice with curries made with chickpeas, sweet potatoes, black beans, pasta, eggs, bacon, corn tortillas, chilies, avocados, organic gluten free oats, frozen berries, ice cream, popcorn. very little snack/box food, but it happens once in a while. drinking lots of coffee, tea, mineral water. it wasnt much different before, but maybe more variety and more fresh produce (been going to the store less often and trying to work with a low budget)

our diet and exercise could be better for sure

our current diet (since all the covid responses kicked off) has been mostly rice with curries made with chickpeas, sweet potatoes, black beans, pasta, eggs, bacon, corn tortillas, chilies, avocados, organic gluten free oats, frozen berries, ice cream, popcorn. very little snack/box food, but it happens once in a while. drinking lots of coffee, tea, mineral water. it wasnt much different before, but maybe more variety and more fresh produce (been going to the store less often and trying to work with a low budget)

Your partner should aim for Protein intake of 1.6g per Kilogram of Bodyweight.Which should come mainly from Animal sources,for reasons not explained here,like meat,organ meat,eggs,and dairy,and ripe fruit,butterfat,Potatos as Carbsource.You guys are highly likely victims of Big Soy,social hierarchy-pyramid Diet,and trashjunk dieting in general.Also,high quality Multivitamin like thorne research 2/d is recommended.Coming back from deficiency is not achieved by eating normally,the accrued debt has to be accounted for.

alywest

A lot of the things you’re mentioning have to do with low thyroid. Have you considered contacting Ray Peat himself? I don’t have his email but it has been posted elsewhere on this forum. It sounds like you’re both eating a lot of “low grade” proteins. You might consider supplemental collagen at least in addition to the food you are eating, and possibly cutting out chickpeas, which are actually thyroid suppressing. There is a lot of information on this site about thyroid, but I would really focus on reading Dr. Peat’s articles that are all online for free on his website. Getting the thyroid back to normal can be a daunting task, but it’s worth it, especially if your partner is struggling with so many health issues. I’ve gone from having no energy and waking up absolutely exhausted everyday to feeling normal and also my teeth have had fewer issues with cavities. If you can help your partner get her issues cleared up now with the thyroid you’ll save her a lot of heartache in the future as it will only get worse.

lampofred

I think Dr. Peat said IUDs block natural progesterone production. Progesterone reduces pain and fatigue, and synthetic progestins in many situations have the opposite effect of natural progesterone. She sounds emaciated, I think getting lots of carbs in general and sugar from fruits, sweets made with butter, fat soluble vitamins from liver (A, E, K) and low-PUFA eggs, calcium and salt from milk and cheese, maybe lots of whole milk at first as opposed to low fat milk, zinc from oysters, gelatin from bone broth, and vitamin D/sun light/red light would help to rebuild her tissues.

High protein, including gelatin, and calcium/vitamin D, and fat soluble vitamins, and zinc would probably help with the fatigue. Vitamin A (from liver and eggs), zinc would probably help with anemia. Avoiding PUFA and keeping sugar high would prevent further breakdown from occurring while she is rebuilding her tissues.

For the immune system specifically I think Dr. Peat said liver (vitamin A) and calcium/vitamin D (maybe fructose as well) are some important things.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom