Wanting to start thyroid - energy / metabolism issues

Jwicks1995

I’m only 26 and these issues have been plaguing me for over 8 years now. It seems my system is always running on empty and overdrive at the same time. My cognition is dismal. I feel like I don’t actually sleep. I’m never rested, my mood is blank and I always feel hungry. Yet food doesn’t satisfy me. It feels like my blood sugar is low all the time. It feels like I’m not breathing properly or getting any air. My circulation is very bad. My veins never show and it’s always hard for nurses to take blood.I have no drive, it’s hard for me to sweat. Dry skin, losing hair. Put on lots of fat in the past 2 years. My T levels are above range. It’s like I’ve got nothing in the tank yet my motor is still running. I want to try and treat my symptoms using t3 - Tyronene. I believe I had thyroid issues, TSH is approx 0.6 and some benign nodules. Things that help blood flow seem to help me acutely but that’s it. I’m on a low dose ssri and cannot come off without my system crashing.

What helps sort of:

• acute ssri dosing (first 3-4 days downhill)
  • L histidine
  • Folate
  • B1, B12
  • Prednisone helps acutely
  • Zyprexa
  • Lithium acutely 2-3 days
  • Metergoline sort of
  • Abilify sort of

All anti histamines including cypro make me feel like absolute ***t

I’m going to purchase tyronene - how would I go about dosing? If this helps I will buy the other thyroid products. Doctors do not help and all blood values come up as normal.

Filosofy

Lots of sun, journaling to process emotions and weekly massage, if not daily self-massage.

mostlylurking

I’m only 26 and these issues have been plaguing me for over 8 years now. It seems my system is always running on empty and overdrive at the same time. My cognition is dismal. I feel like I don’t actually sleep. I’m never rested, my mood is blank and I always feel hungry. Yet food doesn’t satisfy me. It feels like my blood sugar is low all the time. It feels like I’m not breathing properly or getting any air. My circulation is very bad. My veins never show and it’s always hard for nurses to take blood.I have no drive, it’s hard for me to sweat. Dry skin, losing hair. Put on lots of fat in the past 2 years. My T levels are above range. It’s like I’ve got nothing in the tank yet my motor is still running. I want to try and treat my symptoms using t3 - Tyronene. I believe I had thyroid issues, TSH is approx 0.6 and some benign nodules. Things that help blood flow seem to help me acutely but that’s it. I’m on a low dose ssri and cannot come off without my system crashing.

What helps sort of:

• L histidine
  • Folate
  • B1, B12
  • Zyprexa
  • Metergoline sort of
  • Abilify sort of

I’m going to purchase tyronene - how would I go about dosing? If this helps I will buy the other thyroid products. Doctors do not help and all blood values come up as normal.
Focus on learning as much as you can about B1. Thiamine (B1) deficiency is very common and could be to blame for most/all of your symptoms.
sources:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFqXidfUsI0vm73xsBMIQdQ Multiple excellent videos about thiamine.
article: How Can Something As Simple As Thiamine Cause So Many Problems?- Hormones Matter

Be aware that many prescription drugs block thiamine function and can make the situation worse. You can check each of your prescriptions by searching for the particular drug's name and thiamine.

redsun

What helps sort of:

• L histidine
  • Folate
  • B1, B12
  • Zyprexa
  • Metergoline sort of
  • Abilify sort of

You should not take Histidine by itself especially for longer stretches of time as it chelates minerals especially zinc which is vital for health. Overtime it will chelate copper. So you need to replace these you cant just take a chelating amino acid and not also take minerals.

SSRIs and similar cause low histamine, low dopamine state and really **** up your nervous system as generally serotonin opposes acetylcholine as well which is important for vasodilation and circulation. Low acetylcholine activity also can cause the breathing issue you mention and lack of sweat. This will also **** your sleep, your cognition. What you describe is heavily tied and very likely due to low acetylcholine activity (due to ssri mainly). You need it for thinking, muscle contractions and thus severe fatigue and especially fatigue upon exertion is another manifestation of low Ach.

Apathy is common from ssri but you should avoid all medicine. You dont need T3, it will stress your system out even more who knows what will happen to you. You need to first get off medications so your system can normalize. Now I know you said you can't which is obvious you arent providing much nutrition and micronutrients. You cannot just take random B vitamins and not all of them, you need minerals as well, which histidine would deplete so avoid that for now.

Your best bet is to get a good multivitamin and probably extra B-vitamins. This will give your body the resources it needs to help get itself in order. You also should try to get a lot of animal protein and micronutrients from meat, eggs, and organs if possible. Once you have a better baseline intake of nutrients (even if some is from a multivitamin, it will still help), your thyroid and your nervous system will have some kind of foundation so you dont crash nearly as hard or you may even avoid the crash entirely.

Get plenty of clean carbs from starches and fruits you can tolerate. Weight gain can be dealt with after you get off medication and your system resets itself. The only way your probably going to get real sleep and recovery is to get off medication, provide nutrition through supplementation and nutrient dense food as I already mentioned. Zinc and copper should be provided form the multivitamin, which should replace what you lost from histidine to a degree.

OP
Jwicks1995

Jwicks1995

You should not take Histidine by itself especially for longer stretches of time as it chelates minerals especially zinc which is vital for health. Overtime it will chelate copper. So you need to replace these you cant just take a chelating amino acid and not also take minerals.

SSRIs and similar cause low histamine, low dopamine state and really **** up your nervous system as generally serotonin opposes acetylcholine as well which is important for vasodilation and circulation. Low acetylcholine activity also can cause the breathing issue you mention and lack of sweat. This will also **** your sleep, your cognition. What you describe is heavily tied and very likely due to low acetylcholine activity (due to ssri mainly). You need it for thinking, muscle contractions and thus severe fatigue and especially fatigue upon exertion is another manifestation of low Ach.

Apathy is common from ssri but you should avoid all medicine. You dont need T3, it will stress your system out even more who knows what will happen to you. You need to first get off medications so your system can normalize. Now I know you said you can't which is obvious you arent providing much nutrition and micronutrients. You cannot just take random B vitamins and not all of them, you need minerals as well, which histidine would deplete so avoid that for now.

Your best bet is to get a good multivitamin and probably extra B-vitamins. This will give your body the resources it needs to help get itself in order. You also should try to get a lot of animal protein and micronutrients from meat, eggs, and organs if possible. Once you have a better baseline intake of nutrients (even if some is from a multivitamin, it will still help), your thyroid and your nervous system will have some kind of foundation so you dont crash nearly as hard or you may even avoid the crash entirely.

Get plenty of clean carbs from starches and fruits you can tolerate. Weight gain can be dealt with after you get off medication and your system resets itself. The only way your probably going to get real sleep and recovery is to get off medication, provide nutrition through supplementation and nutrient dense food as I already mentioned. Zinc and copper should be provided form the multivitamin, which should replace what you lost from histidine to a degree.
Been having 500-750mg of B1 per days around lots of sugar and have noticed a positive difference. I also have allthiamine but unsure of the dosing and Half-life of this. I’ve come across a new med called Prozasin which helps stabilise me - it’s just an alpha blocker. I believe I can successfully reduce prozac upon acclimating to this. How long to benefits from b1 take? And how do I optimise the use of that to restore energy balance?

redsun

Been having 500-750mg of B1 per days around lots of sugar and have noticed a positive difference. I also have allthiamine but unsure of the dosing and Half-life of this. I’ve come across a new med called Prozasin which helps stabilise me - it’s just an alpha blocker. I believe I can successfully reduce prozac upon acclimating to this. How long to benefits from b1 take? And how do I optimise the use of that to restore energy balance?
You need the whole B-complex and probably minerals as well as I stated. That means all the B-vitamins. B1 is fine as long as you are okay on that dose is it is quite high. 100mg is usually the max of what you would need. And you would need B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, folate, choline and important minerals to help your body function and stabilize itself. Hence why I recommend B-complex supplement so you can get all of them since they are all equally important to helping the body restore itself.

If you think prozasin can help you taper off ssri then its worth to a try I suppose. But then afterword you would have to taper off that as well.

Ignoramus

Could you recommend a decent multi please?

redsun

Could you recommend a decent multi please?

I only recommend multi here for this individual specifically to provide more nutrients to help him recover and help tapering. Shouldnt really need it overall eating a varied diet for a typical individual otherwise. B-complexes on the other hand can be taken.

aniciete

I only recommend multi here for this individual specifically to provide more nutrients to help him recover and help tapering. Shouldnt really need it overall eating a varied diet for a typical individual otherwise. B-complexes on the other hand can be taken.
Any b complex or does it have to have all of the b’s? Would energin be fine because it doesn’t have b12?

Sefton10

Any b complex or does it have to have all of the b’s? Would energin be fine because it doesn’t have b12?
My wife does really well with the Health Natura b complex. Just drop a day. I think it’s pretty similar to the energin formulation.

redsun

B12 is less likely to be needed if you eat animal products. You need so little of it daily as we do store it better than other water-soluble vitamins.

Inaut

B12 is less likely to be needed if you eat animal products. You need so little of it daily as we do store it better than other water-soluble vitamins.
In terms of b complex supplements, what would you recommend?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals