A Peat-Inspired Transition Diet?

O

oldfriend

Sorry if there's already a thread for this topic, but I haven't found one in my searches.

It seems a lot of people find it difficult to take a 100% Peat approach to diet at the beginning, and found that things like like low fluid, less sugar, and moderate starch are helpful while transitioning.

What are some meal ideas, staples, and general advice from folks that had to take a less than ideal approach while healing metabolism, normalizing blood sugar, and improving liver function?

OP
O

oldfriend

Didn't want to bog down the OP with personal information, so here it is:
My GP tole me I was pre-diabetic at my last visit, and I've had problems with high estrogen, and hypoglycemia for years so this makes sense. I've concluded that I need to focus on improving liver function before going full Peat.

I've made some gains in the last few months, but it's been hard to find a happy medium for fat, carbs, and fluid. My blood sugar felt stable when I was drinking lots of whole milk and avoiding starch, but energy and GI motility could be described as sluggish. If I contrast that with the less fluid, low-fat dairy, and occasional starch approach I'm taking now I can see that while my energy has improved, my BG, glycogen storage, and high cortisol problems are being exacerbated. GI motility is better some days, others it's the same. I suspect that this is probably due to taking more fluids, and less nutrient dense foods.

Stress hormones usually hijack my mornings. I usually have some decaf with milk, gelatin, BCAA, and sugar or honey and some OJ or AJ, but I don't think it's enough. My stress hormones are usually elevated until lunch time.

Last edited by a moderator:

theLaw

OP
O

oldfriend

Thanks! I'm really hoping to get some practical advice (i.e. meal ideas) for diet.

theLaw

Thanks! I'm really hoping to get some practical advice (i.e. meal ideas) for diet.

A few ideas:

To Haidut : What Do You Usually Eat In A Day?

A List Of Peat(ish) Junk Foods

My Theory on Digestion

Danny Roddy

You might want to consider just trying to find foods that are low pufa, low liquid, and limited starch while trying to tackle issues like liver and digestive health.

There have been several threads on food ideas, but probably nothing that you're not aware of already.

Also, keep in mind that sometimes perfect is the enemy of good with this diet. Cheers!:D

EIRE24

That "my theory on digestion" link is brilliant. Some great advice in there.

@theLaw

You may want to just link to your obligatory "Clean the Liver, Fix Digestive Issues, Reduce PUFA in Tissues" post instead of spamming every thread with it.

theLaw

@theLaw

You may want to just link to your obligatory "Clean the Liver, Fix Digestive Issues, Reduce PUFA in Tissues" post instead of spamming every thread with it.
Hey Westside,

My posts apparently aren't for you, so please ignore in the future.

Cheers!:cool:

A simple transition diet might involve drinking coffee, Coca-Cola, orange juice, milk, Red Bull, etc. instead of water.

OP
O

oldfriend

So like, no water? Isn't this extremely degydrating?
I think that drinking water is akin to the empty calories idea. Most people here get their fluid in the form of juice, coffee, milk, broth, Coca Cola, etc. which all have nutrients in addition to water (sugar, protein, calcium, magnesium, b vitamins, etc.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals