Peat Inspired Dieting For Natural Bodybuilding, Can It Be Done? What About Sexdrive

thms

Hello All,

Ive been struggeling with diet for a while now and searching what "works" for me.

I have been a motivated natural bodybuilder for over 8 years now and build around my maximum natural potential of muscle mass. I want to lose some fat but every time i go on a diet my sex drive plumets and my apetite for sugar just skyrockets. As you can guess i couldnt go for a serious diet for more than 3-4 weeks before falling back in old habits. My bodyfat is around 11-12 percent and i weihgt 209 pounds at 180 cm.

I would like to switch to peat inspired dieting but the main thing holding me back is that my current diet is based on starchy carbs (white rice, potatoes) because i train with a lot of volume and i want to keep my glycogen levels as high as possible because of the full look / feel the muscles have.

If i switch to a high sugar / fructose kind of diet i am afraid i will lose fullness.

also i have a lactose intolerance.

This is my currennt diet;

pouches met doorkijkvenstera.jpg
pouches met doorkijkvenster.jpg

some advice on diet / food choices would be greatly appricieated.

my main goal is to improve sex drive/lower bodyfat percentage/overall feeling of wellbeing/

all help is welcome

thank you

EIRE24

You have lactose intolerance but do not struggle with goats cheese at all?

paymanz

Your diet is good,my suggestion is to lower your PUFA intake, and if possible lower your totat fat intake.

Also from time to time take a break from spinach, to lower your beta carotene stores.

EIRE24

Your diet is good,my suggestion is to lower your PUFA intake, and if possible lower your totat fat intake.

Also from time to time take a break from spinach, to lower your beta carotene stores.
beta corotene in spinach?

OP
thms

thms

You have lactose intolerance but do not struggle with goats cheese at all?
i said lactose intolerance but dont know if this is the right term to put my condition under, when i consume milk / yoghurt / whey my stomach bloats like a balloon and i fart all the time.

thank you, wouldt it be good enough to maximise glycogen stores? i always tought that sugar doesnt fill glycogen stores at all...
How and why would i lower my PUFA intake?

Thank you

paymanz

beta corotene in spinach?
Yeah , I wish it wasnt, spinach is filled with nutrients,but too much of it delivers a lot of beta carotene.

Maybe I worry too much.excess beta carotenes can make you hypogonad and also bad for thyroid.

paymanz

i said lactose intolerance but dont know if this is the right term to put my condition under, when i consume milk / yoghurt / whey my stomach bloats like a balloon and i fart all the time.

thank you, wouldt it be good enough to maximise glycogen stores? i always tought that sugar doesnt fill glycogen stores at all...
How and why would i lower my PUFA intake?

Thank you

Sugar(or better to say sucrose or fructose+glucose) are better than starches for glycogen repletion, search it,on pubmed there is articles comparing them,also on youtube.

I believe the lower your fat intake,the more you become insulin sensitive,and so faster you refill your glycogen stores.

In my opinion if you want lose weight always go for removing fats from your diet,and not carbs.

I think most of your pufa come from egg yolks.

BTW there is lactose fee milk,give them a try.

OP
thms

thms

Sugar(or better to say sucrose or fructose+glucose) are better than starches for glycogen repletion, search it,on pubmed there is articles comparing them,also on youtube.

I believe the lower your fat intake,the more you become insulin sensitive,and so faster you refill your glycogen stores.

In my opinion if you want lose weight always go for removing fats from your diet,and not carbs.

I think most of your pufa come from egg yolks.

BTW there is lactose fee milk,give them a try.

Thank you for your answer.

Do you have any studies / information that backs up the claim that sucrose or fructose + glucose (fruit?) are better than potatoes and rice for muscle glycogen repletion (full hard muscles)

Thank you for the note on fat intake. I have seen good results with carb cycling with days when i up the carbs with 200% and lower my fat intake so it makes sense to me.

What would your suggestion to change my diet bodybuilding wise with the focus on fatloss / full muscles and sexdrive

thank you for your help this far, do you have weightlifting as a passion yourself?

OP
thms

thms

What sorts of diets have you done? Try to be as specific as possible...

Why do you ask?

Ive tried various things but saw the best results with a medium protein diet (1 gr p.p of lean bodyweight, medium fat 0,45+ of lbw and high carb intake)

Ive did low carb in the past but ive never lasted for more than 2 weeks before bingiing on all sorts of sugar/carbs . i guess its not for me

any help on finetuning my diet with fatloss / sexdrive in mind are more then welcome

paymanz

Do you have any studies / information that backs up the claim that sucrose or fructose + glucose (fruit?) are better than potatoes and rice for muscle glycogen repletion (full hard muscles)

Thank you for the note on fat intake. I have seen good results with carb cycling with days when i up the carbs with 200% and lower my fat intake so it makes sense to me.

What would your suggestion to change my diet bodybuilding wise with the focus on fatloss / full muscles and sexdrive

thank you for your help this far, do you have weightlifting as a passion yourself?

Have you read ray's ideas on exercise?
The type of exercise..?

Why Fructose and Sucrose are Beneficial for Athletes

Sucrose ingestion after exhaustive exercise accelerates liver, but not muscle glycogen repletion compared with glucose ingestion in trained athletes. - PubMed - NCBI

This one also tested galactose(milk sugar)

Fructose and galactose enhance postexercise human liver glycogen synthesis. - PubMed - NCBI

paymanz

I'm not a weightlifter.I do concentric weightlifting from time to time.

I don't know any function that dietary fats serve in athletes ,maybe other than improving digestion which doesn't need that much fat really.

Some of carbs gets into fat in your body anyway.

To improve anabolic hormones I don't know anything better than rays dietary recommendations,thyroid function is very important especially to improve lean mass and loss weight, some bodybuilders use t3 to cut weight as you know.

You probably know about taurine,vitamin k, caffeine, positive effects on testosterone levels and performance.

michael94

I have a quite a bit of experience dieting and lifting. Of course this is based on my experience so take with a grain of salt. IMO the best way to diet if you are already pretty lean is UD 2.0 by Lyle Mcdonald. I don't necessarily agree with all of his nutrition advice but his system for carb cycling is the best ( IMO ) with perhaps some tweaks here and there depending on the person. The biggest problem with most bodybuilding diets is they focus 80-90% of their attention on macronutrients and much less on other factors. That is a huge mistake. For example, I don't know if you like fermented foods at all, but they can make a huge difference with carb cycling. Both on low calorie days ( sauerkraut of different varieties, fermented beets, miso soup ) and on recovery/refeed days ( full fat non-homogenized yogurt ). In the Balkans/Eastern Europe they swear by yogurt for muscle recovery and in my research/experience that idea seems to hold up. Additionally, it's pretty common to use ECA stack ( I personally abused the hell out of it years ago ) but the ephedrine is probably not safe to take. So why not a TCA instead stack with Taurine/Caffeine/Aspirin ? Granted one needs to experiment and not go too crazy with supplements. Oh and force feeding protein to hit certain amounts is a bad idea as well...

With regards to testosterone and sex drive that's more complicated. Obviously when you diet and leptin drops sex drive is going to suffer there's really no getting around it. But if there's trouble "getting it up" then testosterone was likely in bad shape to begin with. Low testosterone is usually due to inflammation stemming from the GI system and Liver. One thing that may help pinpoint is to try taking ox bile and see if it improves digestion at all. If so, that means you have obstructed bile that is stagnating and poisoning the liver and can't help digest foods properly. This undigested food then needs "bad" bacteria/fungi to break it down which creates excess endotoxin/other inflammatory substances.

michael94

I'm not a weightlifter.I do concentric weightlifting from time to time.

I don't know any function that dietary fats serve in athletes ,maybe other than improving digestion which doesn't need that much fat really.
Depends a lot on body type. But the main reason people move away from fats is because they lose the ability to process them ( low bile ). In such a case one can definitely feel much better on a low fat diet. Also different people have varying bile output based on genetics so it really depends. One test is if you can eat butter/cream alone and enjoy the taste + be super energized by it. If not this is a sign that one has low bile. Babies tend to love a bit of butter by itself.

WestCoaster

If your sex drive is plummeting and you get intense cravings for sugar while dieting, it means you're either not eating enough which starts to cool one off (people crave sugar as they body temperature lowers). Hypothermic patients are fed warm sugar drinks to rapidly bring up temperature to put this into perspective. The other cause is the stuff you're eating (which can happen in both the cases of sugar and starches), the body burns through them quickly leaving no energy source afterwords. Elevated insulin also kills sex drive, this was indicated on experiments with animals directly fed insulin and they suddenly became infertile. There have also been numerous other experiments with animals where they were either allowed to eat whatever they wanted when they wanted (as nature intended), vs a controlled diet. Controlled diet annihilated their sex drive.

The problem that is likely to arise if you switch to high sugar with your body fat% and activities, you'll likely need to be consuming triple or the quadruple calories you consume now just to feel normalized.

paymanz

Depends a lot on body type. But the main reason people move away from fats is because they lose the ability to process them ( low bile ). In such a case one can definitely feel much better on a low fat diet. Also different people have varying bile output based on genetics so it really depends. One test is if you can eat butter/cream alone and enjoy the taste + be super energized by it. If not this is a sign that one has low bile. Babies tend to love a bit of butter by itself.
For a athletes or someone who wants to lose weight , fat really doesn't have any function.

if you fill a big proportion of a athelet's diet with fat then you don't have enough room for carbs,or you will have a energy surplus while an athelete burns sugar In exercise and need sugar to replete the glycogen stores and to lower cortisol.

And also high fat intake makes you insulin resistance, which negatively effects you body ability to store and utilise sugar.

High carb(and not excess)and low fat diet lowers FFAs,lowers inflammation and improves thyroid function, even increases your testosterone production.

There is some nutrients in fats that are interestting,and are inteteresting for ray also, like MCTs in coconut oil and CLA in ruminant fats,but you don't need big servings, there is a quote from ray mentioning as little is 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil for cancer and obesity prevention.

michael94

For a athletes or someone who wants to lose weight , fat really doesn't have any function.

if you fill a big proportion of a athelet's diet with fat then you don't have enough room for carbs,or you will have a energy surplus while an athelete burns sugar In exercise and need sugar to replete the glycogen stores and to lower cortisol.

And also high fat intake makes you insulin resistance, which negatively effects you body ability to store and utilise sugar.

High carb(and not excess)and low fat diet lowers FFAs,lowers inflammation and improves thyroid function, even increases your testosterone production.

There is some nutrients in fats that are interestting,and are inteteresting for ray also, like MCTs in coconut oil and CLA in ruminant fats,but you don't need big servings, there is a quote from ray mentioning as little is 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil for cancer and obesity prevention.
Oh I see what you mean. Yes for burning fat on a diet you certainly want to keep dietary fat to a minimum. The reason fat is not encouraged on refeeds when carb cycling is that it doesn't increase leptin like starch does. Leptin is a more fundamental hormone than even thyroid. It controls thyroid actually. Interestingly enough sucrose doesn't help too much in raising leptin either. I would be curious to see how lactose performs because many fitness gurus tend to lump it with other sugars and I think that is wrong.

With regard to fat/carb intake and inflammation it really depends. Everyone who has good experiences with higher fat levels will say fat is good with all these convincing reasons and those with good high carb/low fat experiences will do the same. Ultimately I think there is a lot of symptom management going on thats leads to dogmatic views on macronutrient intake. If your digestion is impaired and liver is inflamed it can certainly make one views carbs/fats/etc. in such a manner. The ideal macronutrient intake is so variable ( even within one person's life ) that one needs to leave most of the decision making to what their body is telling. And even that requires some diligence because your body is good at telling you what's going on right now but can't necessarily tell the future.

TubZy

Yeah, it can. Took some tweaking to get used to at first, but it is so easy now.

My diet is eggs, milk, cheese, fruits, OJ, coconut oil, lots of gelatin and bone broths w/ potatoes, ice cream, mushrooms, some chicken, oysters once a week, honey/sugar.

If you want more carbs add more potatoes and if you really want more add rice, but fruits/sugar should be number 1 source.

mujuro

Your programming might be sub-optimal as well. What's your training scheme look like? Days on/off, sets/reps, deload phases, etc.

When I recall all the things I did which yielded the greatest gains in muscle mass, they run counter to everything this forum espouses. Bodybuilding isn't particularly Peat compatible. My bodybuilding involved a lot of leucine, glutamine, carnitine, fat burning, CHO depletion, trouble sleeping, eccentric motion, lactic acid production, GH... lots of lipolysis and anabolism, swelling of the sarcoplasm... a lot of Pi3K/AKT signalling. The metabolic demands of hypertrophy are disproportionately expensive when compared to the perceived payoffs, which I suppose is why the body is so stubborn to do it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom