Peat Inspired Dieting For Natural Bodybuilding, Can It Be Done? What About Sexdrive

OP
thms

thms

Oh I see what you mean. Yes for burning fat on a diet you certainly want to keep dietary fat to a minimum. The reason fat is not encouraged on refeeds when carb cycling is that it doesn't increase leptin like starch does. Leptin is a more fundamental hormone than even thyroid. It controls thyroid actually. Interestingly enough sucrose doesn't help too much in raising leptin either. I would be curious to see how lactose performs because many fitness gurus tend to lump it with other sugars and I think that is wrong.

If i understand this right than consuming big servings of sugar/sucrose isnt that benificial for a strenght training / bodybuilding athlete and my priority of carbs should come from starch?(rice/potatoes)

michael94

If i understand this right than consuming big servings of sugar/sucrose isnt that benificial for a strenght training / bodybuilding athlete and my priority of carbs should come from starch?(rice/potatoes)
Yes my best refeeds always included a little bit of sugar but not a huge amount. @tyw would probably know more on this subject regarding leptin. I've just personal experience for the most part.

OP
thms

thms

confused right now, read about that you at least need 450 gram s of sugar a day for good libido.

anyone care to take a look at my current diet for fat los? what are the goods what are the bad things.

thank ou
071713-d-vitamini-icin-15-dakika-yetiyor-1.jpg

Dragon

....Obviously when you diet and leptin drops sex drive is going to suffer there's really no getting around it...

??? I've never heard leptin directly connected to libido before....and I just searched the whole forum and got no hits on it (except this thread). If you could provide some useful refs, I'd be grateful. I've done some research on leptin in past years, but in regards to cancer. Higher leptin -promotes- cancer, so I've always thought of it as a Bad Thing.

fyi...from my cancer-related notes...

Leptin-
Acidodis raises it, promoting cancer; Leptin functions as a mitogen and is known to stimulate breast and prostate tumor cells, colonic and hepatic cells. Leptin signaling is most likely to activate the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway through binding of Ob-Rb leptin receptor. Leptin may also enhance cell proliferation through protein kinase C alpha (PKC-α). Leptin has been shown to bind the estrogen receptor and stimulate estrogen biosynthesis by induction of aromatase activity. Other cancer-permissive functional activities of leptin include promotion of angiogenesis, apoptosis, and cellular migration.
Leptin level and oxidative stress contribute to obesity-induced low testosterone in murine testicular tissue.
Interestingly, leptin upregulatory effects on cell proliferation/migration and pro-angiogenic factors Notch, IL-1 and VEGF/VEGFR-2 were abrogated by a γ-secretase inhibitor, DAPT, as well as siRNA against CSL.

any real info on leptin/libido would be appreciated.
gracias

Dragon

I have to read more about leptin but ray doesn't seem to like leptin,he rarly mentioned it.

'course, he doesn't seem to like -sex- much...he rarely mentions that either... :p

Seriously, when I first came across Ray/his-site a few years ago, I remember that after I read all his papers over a month or so, one of my very first reactions when I finished was "wow...I just read 1000 freaking pages on health and hormones by this guy and he's mentioned sexuality maybe twice, briefly!".

in total contrast to our beloved forum here...;)

Last edited:

meatbag

'course, he doesn't seem to like -sex- much...he rarely mentions that either... :p

Seriously, when I first came across Ray/his-site a few years ago, I remember that after I read all his papers over a month or so, one of my very first reactions when I finished was "wow...I just read 1000 freaking pages on health and hormones by this guy and he's mentioned sexuality maybe twice, briefly!".

in total contrast to our beloved forum here...;)
did you look at his paintings tho? :ss2

Back
Top Bottom