Peat Inspired Dieting For Natural Bodybuilding, Can It Be Done? What About Sexdrive

paymanz

Oh I see what you mean. Yes for burning fat on a diet you certainly want to keep dietary fat to a minimum. The reason fat is not encouraged on refeeds when carb cycling is that it doesn't increase leptin like starch does. Leptin is a more fundamental hormone than even thyroid. It controls thyroid actually. Interestingly enough sucrose doesn't help too much in raising leptin either. I would be curious to see how lactose performs because many fitness gurus tend to lump it with other sugars and I think that is wrong.

With regard to fat/carb intake and inflammation it really depends. Everyone who has good experiences with higher fat levels will say fat is good with all these convincing reasons and those with good high carb/low fat experiences will do the same. Ultimately I think there is a lot of symptom management going on thats leads to dogmatic views on macronutrient intake. If your digestion is impaired and liver is inflamed it can certainly make one views carbs/fats/etc. in such a manner. The ideal macronutrient intake is so variable ( even within one person's life ) that one needs to leave most of the decision making to what their body is telling. And even that requires some diligence because your body is good at telling you what's going on right now but can't necessarily tell the future.
I have to read more about leptin but ray doesn't seem to like leptin,he rarly mentioned it.

JohnHafterson

Have you ever tried any supplemental buffers: bicarbonates, carbonates, citrates? Potassium bicarbonate, potassium citrate, etc.

Additional buffers to increase net nitrogen balance and shed a little fat without dieting. Makes you a little more anabolic.

I experimented with both and noticed increasing body temps, muscle mass, and fat loss with little effort.

There are quite a few papers on bicarbonates and citrates on endocrine system and metabolic benefits: improved thyroid function, improved insulin sensitivity, and improved growth hormone sensitivity among a few other things.

May be sufficient to "cut" without cutting or changing your entire regimen.

OP
thms

thms

Thank you all for your replys.

This weekend i been experimenting with upping my sugar intake and i ate a lot of oranges, some honey
i noticed that i got real real gassy, bloated stomach etc every time i eat simple sugars.

I dont know what is causing this. also when i eat potatoes i get the same effect.

Yeah, it can. Took some tweaking to get used to at first, but it is so easy now.

My diet is eggs, milk, cheese, fruits, OJ, coconut oil, lots of gelatin and bone broths w/ potatoes, ice cream, mushrooms, some chicken, oysters once a week, honey/sugar.

If you want more carbs add more potatoes and if you really want more add rice, but fruits/sugar should be number 1 source.

do fruits/sugar refill glycogen just as good as rice and potatoes?

i'd love to consume all the foods that you do but when i consume milk cheese OJ or too much coconut oil i get bloated like hell and super gassy...

only foods i can consume wihtout problems are chicken/rice/egg yolks / goat cheese if not too much/spinach/peanut butter.

any tips or insights what could be wrong with my digestion ?

thank you all

OP
thms

thms

Your programming might be sub-optimal as well. What's your training scheme look like? Days on/off, sets/reps, deload phases, etc.

When I recall all the things I did which yielded the greatest gains in muscle mass, they run counter to everything this forum espouses. Bodybuilding isn't particularly Peat compatible. My bodybuilding involved a lot of leucine, glutamine, carnitine, fat burning, CHO depletion, trouble sleeping, eccentric motion, lactic acid production, GH... lots of lipolysis and anabolism, swelling of the sarcoplasm... a lot of Pi3K/AKT signalling. The metabolic demands of hypertrophy are disproportionately expensive when compared to the perceived payoffs, which I suppose is why the body is so stubborn to do it.

my training schedule is push pull legs with off days when i feel like it. i take a deload week when i feel like it.

OP
thms

thms

from what i can understand this suggest that increasing t3 could increase testosterone?

How does one increase t3?

Is it safe to take 25mc t3 divided in 4 doses or so during the day? or whould this cause shutdown of the thyroid..

would like to hear some tips for this as well.

from what i understand i could increase thyroid hormone by taking coconut oil, simple sugars, minimalize mono and polyunsturated fat intake .. and more??

thank you all for your insights and help

paymanz

from what i can understand this suggest that increasing t3 could increase testosterone?

How does one increase t3?

Is it safe to take 25mc t3 divided in 4 doses or so during the day? or whould this cause shutdown of the thyroid..

would like to hear some tips for this as well.

from what i understand i could increase thyroid hormone by taking coconut oil, simple sugars, minimalize mono and polyunsturated fat intake .. and more??

thank you all for your insights and help

A high energy ,peaty diet is required for t3 production,protein is important too.stress lowers it.

If your temp is good you probably have good t3,if not then yes , give low dose t3 a try.

Yes those things you mentioned are important ,just don't overdo the coconut oil,ray just recommends 1-3 teaspoons,if your pufa intake is low you don't need much coconut oil.

And make sure to get enough vitamin A, from animal source or retinol supplement.like 5,000 iu a day.

And Vitamin D,

Ray always mentions vitamin A and thyroid together as important factors for steroids production.

OP
thms

thms

A high energy ,peaty diet is required for t3 production,protein is important too.stress lowers it.

If your temp is good you probably have good t3,if not then yes , give low dose t3 a try.

Yes those things you mentioned are important ,just don't overdo the coconut oil,ray just recommends 1-3 teaspoons,if your pufa intake is low you don't need much coconut oil.

And make sure to get enough vitamin A, from animal source or retinol supplement.like 5,000 iu a day.

And Vitamin D,

Ray always mentions vitamin A and thyroid together as important factors for steroids production.

Thank you, i will start tracking my temp.

yesterday evening it was 36,6 celcius after a huge sugar feed.

What should be a good guideline of temperature?

What is a low dose of t3? Is it safe to take long term whitout shutting down your thyroid?

Thank you all for helping pm is also welcome

paymanz

Thank you, i will start tracking my temp.

yesterday evening it was 36,6 celcius after a huge sugar feed.

What should be a good guideline of temperature?

What is a low dose of t3? Is it safe to take long term whitout shutting down your thyroid?

Thank you all for helping pm is also welcome

to my knowledge 37c is optimal temp,but it also depend on what time in day you measure it, there is more info on it on forum.

low dose t3 like, 25 mcg spread in a day, 5 mcg doses..... ray usually reccomends t3+t4 supplementation and for t4 it important to stay on the "starter low dose" for at least 10-15 days, because thats the half life of t4 and it accumulate in your body to show its effects at fullest, but t3 only supplementation for short time to see how it effects your body is ok, in my personal experience.

and some people get good effect from "t3 only therapy",.....

im not sure if it affects your natural hormone, but here tara quoted Broda Barnes on the topic.

Last edited:

Luckytype

@thms how is the quality of your hair?

I am battling a long shed. I too am a natural lifter, but I likely threw myself into a hypo state from insane amounts of volume and only a couple rest days per week.

What kind of volume are you doing for your bigger parts and smaller groups?

Last edited:
OP
thms

thms

to my knowledge 37c is optimal temp,but it also depend on what time in day you measure it, there is more info on it on forum.

low dose t3 like, 25 mcg spread in a day, 5 mcg doses..... ray usually reccomends t3+t4 supplementation and for t4 it important to stay on the "starter low dose" for at least 10-15 days, because thats the half life of t4 and it accumulate in your body to show its effects at fullest, but t3 only supplementation for short time to see how it effects your body is ok, in my personal experience.

and some people get good effect from "t3 only therapy",.....

im not sure if it affects your natural hormone, but here tara quoted Broda Barnes on the topic.

I Will look into iT thank you.. any insight of shutdown from taking t3 is welcome

OP
thms

thms

@thms how is the quality of your hair?

I am battling a long shed. I do a natural lifter, but I likely threw myself into a hypo state from insane amounts of volume and only a couple rest days per week.

What kind of volume are you doing for your bigger parts and smaller groups?

Thank you. THE quality of My hair is not that great at the moment that is also a reason i looked more into Ray's work..

Do you suggest that high volume training wrecks havoc on your hair??

As far as volume Goes i do 300 reps a week for the big groups and 100 reps for the small groups

Luckytype

I have no doubts, especially with the mind muscle and contraction control we seek as physique athletes that the accumulation of it over time plays a big part in elevation of prolactin and estrogen as a stressor response and thus has thrown me hypo. So for me, yes absolutely.

I was was in the 6-12 range with a pyramid of warmup sets down from 20reps. Each major body part would innapropriately get like 25 working sets on its primary day, 12 on its secondary day. As soon as I hit a slight calorie deficit it triggered me to shed. Its absolutely insane. I was bringing my delts up big time, talking 30 sets for rear delts, side delts like 15, then another 3 or 4 movements of 3-5 sets each.

Way too much volume, way too frequent and way too little rest. I only know that now.

OP
thms

thms

I have no doubts, especially with the mind muscle and contraction control we seek as physique athletes that the accumulation of it over time plays a big part in elevation of prolactin and estrogen as a stressor response and thus has thrown me hypo. So for me, yes absolutely.

I was was in the 6-12 range with a pyramid of warmup sets down from 20reps. Each major body part would innapropriately get like 25 working sets on its primary day, 12 on its secondary day. As soon as I hit a slight calorie deficit it triggered me to shed. Its absolutely insane. I was bringing my delts up big time, talking 30 sets for rear delts, side delts like 15, then another 3 or 4 movements of 3-5 sets each.

Way too much volume, way too frequent and way too little rest. I only know that now.
What are you doing right now for your hair?

And training wise?

Mabye i Will cut down volume for a few weeks to see if i inprove

Luckytype

What are you doing right now for your hair?

And training wise?

Mabye i Will cut down volume for a few weeks to see if i inprove

I cut down on volume - minimal change. I have decided to take a longer complete rest(6 weeks this friday), oddly my development is still there, ive only lost 2 lbs and the only real thing to change so far is strength is down probably 1/3rd but thats only the neural shutoff. The tissue is still there.

My body really needed a reset and frankly I want my hair because I know theres a way to get around training and still make the gains I want but not subjecting my body to such a stress hormone dump.

OP
thms

thms

I will try and cut down volume a bit / up my rest days to see if my condition improves and start tracking my temps.

yesterday i consumed 2 l of orange juice and noticed my hand / feet getting cold...

could it be that not everyone responds the same to OJ?

paymanz

Idk, do you eat enough salt?
Maybe that's too much fluid..

Wasn't the oj acidic?!

beachbum

@lucktype and @paymanz what do you eat in an average day, if you have a link that says please give link.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom