A family member has Colon cancer with large liver metastases, any advice would be appreciated.

Logan-

I would do the same diet for diabetes.
I’d rather have the diabetic consume sugared fruit juice; as the fructose is protective and not insulinogenic; while the starches cause reactive hypoglycemia due to its insulinogenicity (pure glucose). There’s also the endotoxin aspect.

Also, too much heat can cause histamine reactions.

The most important part for the diabetic would be thyroid, thiamine, niacinamide, vitamin e, high sugar, extremely low fat. If starch is to be consumed, I would opt for real sourdough bread (gluten-free version), potatoes and other tubers. Methylene blue would also help with metabolism in this scenario.

Logan-

For the OP’s relative, I would use cascara, high dose cypro, progesterone (regardless of the person’s gender), mushrooms or bamboo shoots or carrot salad, magnesium glycinate, thyroid (t4+t3) after every meal to slow its absorption down, aspirin, vitamin e succinate, very low fat, high carb, moderate protein (the amount would depend on the person’s physical activity level), 10.000 IU vitamin D3, vitamin k2, vitamin C, low fat milk, cheese, sugared OJ (or add honey), salt to taste (shouldn’t be low), bone broth, a good active form b-complex, macrolides/penicillin/tetracycline abx courses, methylene blue, weekly liver consumption for minerals and vitamins. Wouldn’t give the person starches as they increase endotoxin, which is a significant burden on both the colon and the liver.

I’d also research the use of coffee enemas, acetazolamide, angiotensin receptor blockers in this context.

Management of stress is also important. This is highly contextual so I can’t give any specific advice, but finding ways to support the person; guide him/her to a better, stronger mentality; meditation if he/she is willing, or other things etc.

Last edited:
P

Peatress

Please inform yourself on topics like the carnivore diet.
I've been on this diet for the past year and have cured two of my chronic diseases.

And no, if you turn off the glucose supply nothing will happen becouse the body produces it's own glucose.
I've done a few tests and my glucose levels have been around 80md/dl during all this time.

You do not destroy your own tissue, that's why you accumulate fat, and most of the carbs you eat end up stored as fat.
It's the primary energy system of the body and we never use it.
I take it you don't have cancer or diabetes? Sadly, someone I know who was doing the "low sugar cancer diet" is now resting in peace.

I'm quite informed about carnivore. If it works for you great. Keep doing it.

youngsinatra

I‘d check serum ferritin, homocysteine, TSH, reverse T3, cortisol, cholesterol, lactate, CO2.

I‘d measure pulse and underarm temperature.

A high quality B complex (from Thorne „Basic“ or from from the company „Objective Nutrients“) to lower lactate, raise CO2, lower homocysteine and optimize liver function, bile flow and gut motility.

Carbohydrates, magnesium, herbal tea (esp. chamomile tea — high in apigenin) to lower cortisol. High dose pregnenolone potentially. High quality animal protein to supply the essential amino acids to the liver. Food should be tasty and balanced in macro nutrients.

If ferritin is high, donating blood and limiting iron intake.

If TSH is high, thyroid is likely a good idea.

shanny

fendbendazole,
This. I would be trying this or rapamycin if I had cancer. @ecstatichamster do you know the source of fenbendazole? I wanted to try some on my dog, but can't seem to find it.
Yes he is vaccinated
In my personal experience, this is the culprit and it doesn't respond like normal cancer. All of the things that were mentioned by ecstatichamster, especially the fenbendazole and if it were me, I'd move to a tropical place and get as much sunshine, beach and ocean water as possible. Reduce all forms of stress and get in nature.

PeterSN

I've been on this diet for the past year and have cured two of my chronic diseases.

And no, if you turn off the glucose supply nothing will happen becouse the body produces it's own glucose.
I've done a few tests and my glucose levels have been around 80md/dl during all this time.

You do not destroy your own tissue, that's why you accumulate fat, and most of the carbs you eat end up stored as fat.
youre not curing anything, cortisol is anti-inflammatory and the large increase in cholesterol is protective against cancers and viruses alike. However, as soon as you get off the diet, by adding in carbohydrate, you'll find to be worse than even before starting the diet. I did the keto diet for 1 year and carnivore for 6 months, im speaking from experience. Also a ketogenic state has been shown anecdotally to be useful for cancer, but this is only because you slow the whole system down. Its protective against things like cancer, but not protective to the organism as a whole. It's an illusion that breaks down completely when you try to shut off the stress system with sugar.

Michael Mohn

This is the Ray Peat Forum. Not the Carnivore Forum. I'm sure there are plenty of carnivore forums we're you can talk down on people.
You haven't read anything about Peat's teaching on the importance of sugars in the diet or you lack any decency to peddle your carnivore obsession to people looking for advice from Peat's perspective.
I've been on this diet for the past year
One year, so looong, I'm impressed. Have you considered writing a book?
While raising cortisol, which promotes cancer.
Your argument being?

that's why you accumulate fat, and most of the carbs you eat end up stored as fat.
Any evidence for your claims?
Only if we sleep or rest and some tissues like the tendons or heart use most of the time fatty acid oxidation. When walking the body still uses up to 50% fat for energy production. You burn 900kcal per day to keep your body temperature at 37°C. If you're mostly sedentary all the heat comes from burning fat. I could go on forever debunking your carnivore delusion. Just stick to the carnivore threads on the forum to share your wisdom please.

Apple

In the beginning Keto diet expels lots water out of system. In theory cancer cells are just swallen (with water) normal cells. (read on RP forum). Hence Keto might quickly help to reduce cancerous swelling.
Ray Peat recommended Acetazolamide ... diuretic medication that treats swelling caused by heart disease. It works by helping your body make more pee so you can lose salt and excess water from your body.
Drugs similar to acetazolamide, sulfonamides that inhibit carbonic anhydrase, have recently been discovered to stop the growth of a wide variety of tumors. -Ray Peat, PhD

Cataracts, cancer, congestive heart failure, seemingly such different degenerative problems, have the same sort of metabolic problem, leading to the abnormal absorption of water by cells, disrupting their normal functions.

The same simple metabolic therapies, such as thyroid, progesterone, magnesium, and carbon dioxide, are appropriate for a great range of seemingly different diseases. Other biochemicals, such as adenosine and niacinamide, have more specific protective effects, farther downstream in the "cascade" effects of stress.

Regina

Cyproheptadine, cascara, and aspirin are all anti-cancer substances. So is progesterone.

"Milk and fiber are very protective for the colon." Ray Peat

"As soon as you turn off the glucose supply, then the damage really starts because you start destroying your own tissues, turning it into food. The waste and disease of cancer begins when you stop providing glucose to your body." Ray Peat
👆

Jackson Chung

@Pablo Cruise

thanks for asking. hanging in, awaiting surgery to remove the tumor.

good to hear, may i ask do they believe in alternative medicine or do they believe in what evereyone else believes?

I don't mean to tell you what to. do, but the protocol you mentioned is pretty powerful and in theory can cure at the right doses and with some more supplements.

Curious why they chose surgery, will they do chemo/radiation as well? any idea what may have caused it? (poor diet?)

do you feel the protocol is helping?

ddjd

I think I posted this in a different thread but my brother's wife had colon cancer mid 30s, spread to liver, lungs... Terrible odds of survival. He got her on daily aspirin (she also had chemo etc.)... She's made a complete recovery, completely cancer free and hes told me privately he thinks it's the aspirin that saved her

good to hear, may i ask do they believe in alternative medicine or do they believe in what evereyone else believes?

I don't mean to tell you what to. do, but the protocol you mentioned is pretty powerful and in theory can cure at the right doses and with some more supplements.

Curious why they chose surgery, will they do chemo/radiation as well? any idea what may have caused it? (poor diet?)

do you feel the protocol is helping?

It is helping. The tumor is smaller. They can't tolerate aspirin very much but everything else seems okay.

The cancer thing has to do with conditioning. People are conditioned so heavily that they will not do anything other than what the doctors say.

I am not sure any protocol can cure cancer. I think cancer just can live with us and we do fine with it and live our lives. But that's not how most people see it.

I think Gershom Zajiceck has it more right than wrong:
Despite intensive efforts to cure breast cancer, treatment generally fails, as evidenced by the age-adjusted mortality rate for breast cancer. For 60 years, breast cancer mortality remained virtually constant. As treatment failed to improve the life prospect of the average patient, it is based on false premises, e.g. Halsted's hypothesis, according to which the tumor is the only threat to the patient. Yet there is more to cancer than just the tumor.

Two hallmarks of cancer, cachexia, and paraneoplasia, are usually ignored, since it is assumed that they are caused by the tumor.

But what if it is the other way round, and cancer is first of all a cachexia accompanied by a tumor? At least this could explain why, in most cancers, treatment fails.

Cancer is a chronic systemic disease with local manifestations like arteriosclerosis, which is also systemic and manifested solely by its local manifestations, e.g. stroke and myocardial infarction.

In the same way as treatment of an ailing heart does not cure the underlying arteriosclerosis, tumor removal does not cure cancer, as it is 'metabolically' systemic. It is proposed here that carcinogens deplete a vital substance and induce a metabolic deficiency that ends in cachexia. In order to survive, the organism grows a protective organ-the tumor-that replenishes the missing substance.

During the preclinical phase of cancer, deficiency is slight and compensated only by a minute tumor.

With time, it gets worse and the tumor has to grow more and more in order to make up for the loss, causing pain and secondary damage to vital functions. The patient seeks help and the disease starts its clinical course. When deficiency worsens, the patient becomes cachectic and dies.

Such a metabolic relationship exists in pernicious anemia, which illustrates how a tumor might be protective. Cancer is viewed here as pernicious cachexia induced by the loss of a vital metabolite and compensated by the tumor. Until the discovery of the missing substance, treatment ought to preserve the tumor and alleviate its secondary manifestations.

Cutting sugar and most carbs would help, as cancer cells use fermentation of sugars for energy, so using ketones as energy will help (fat).
Also cold exposure I read can really help.
Fat feeds cancer so I don’t agree with this. RP said if cancer doesn’t get some sugar that it will spread looking for it.

Here is my e-mail to RP…

Rinse & rePeat:

“Do you think 40 to 50 grams of protein is too much protein having cancer? Is gelatin, nonfat milk and potato good sources of protein to eat with cancer?”

RAY PEAT:
“If the protein is limited to those, and your other calories are from carbohydrates (not fats), that amound should be safe.”

Here is a link Mike to a thread of mine on cancer. I have collected a lot of good suggestions there….

Is this person jabbed? I just went through the same thing with a quadruple boosted family member and it wasn't pretty.
I know several people who got colon cancer early last year, and all three were diagnosed straight to stage-4 without hardly a warning, not long after getting the Covid vaccine. It was so baffling. Two of them had a colostomy bag, and a third was in the hospital for 6 months and is on hospice now, my father.

I'm dealing with a family member who has cancer.

Here is what we are working on:

That means, aspirin, lidocaine, niacinamide, thiamine (at least 2500mg per day), pyrocet, fendbendazole, naringinen, apigenin, trying magnolia extract...
Most people don’t know about the powerful benefits of naringen from oranges and orange peels. Great suggestion @ecstatichamster!

“Orange juice contains naringenin which is effective against melanoma, and guavas contain apigenin, also effective. A diet consisting of milk, orange juice, guavas, cheese, and some eggs, liver, and oysters, with aspirin would be protective against the spread of the tumor.” -Ray Peat

“Naringenin, a flavonoid belonging to the flavanones subclass has been reported to have several promising biological activities like antioxidant, antitumor, anticancer, antiviral, anti-inflammatory & estrogenic activities. Naringin is found in the glycosidic form in citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange, and lemons.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals