Bone metastasized prostate cancer, help with therapy!

frant26

My uncle, 70 y.o., has advanced prostate cancer that has metastasized to bone -- particularly to shoulders, sternum and ribs. His PSA is very low but he has bone pain.

He does listen to me but will take anything the oncologist says (about to start chemotherapy and keeping leuprolide, denosumab).

Best I can do is add drugs/supplements to his "standard" regime...

In his Prostate Cancer article Ray talks about the importance of androgens (haidut also does extensively) though as Ray would agree a "generalized antiestrogenic therapy" is more practical.

Has anyone applied a sound, Peat-inspired therapy to a person with metastasized cancer, particularly prostate cancer? I can't find any specifics!

Thinking of starting with daily:
- Fat solubles: A, D3, E, K2 (away from E, and especially important for bone too)
- Progesterone
- Aspirin
- Something to combat endotoxins - would cascara or charcoal be best? Cypro?

Which doses of these would make a positive effect given his delicate situation? Any help is immensely appreciated!

(@haidut if you have a moment to chime in that would be great.)

My uncle, 70 y.o., has advanced prostate cancer that has metastasized to bone -- particularly to shoulders, sternum and ribs. His PSA is very low but he has bone pain.

He does listen to me but will take anything the oncologist says (about to start chemotherapy and keeping leuprolide, denosumab).

Best I can do is add drugs/supplements to his "standard" regime...

In his Prostate Cancer article Ray talks about the importance of androgens (haidut also does extensively) though as Ray would agree a "generalized antiestrogenic therapy" is more practical.

Has anyone applied a sound, Peat-inspired therapy to a person with metastasized cancer, particularly prostate cancer? I can't find any specifics!

Thinking of starting with daily:
- Fat solubles: A, D3, E, K2 (away from E, and especially important for bone too)
- Progesterone
- Aspirin
- Something to combat endotoxins - would cascara or charcoal be best? Cypro?

Which doses of these would make a positive effect given his delicate situation? Any help is immensely appreciated!

(@haidut if you have a moment to chime in that would be great.)
Ray Peat recommended this high altitude medicine (linked below) for cancers of the bone. Here is part of his e-mail to me about it. The rest you can find on my thread link below....

Attachments

• 20220222_175628.jpg
    20220222_175628.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 52

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I remember a study he did he used cortinon dhea progesterone combo on a incurable cancer in hamsters I think and stop the progression of the cancer and the hamster survived until the end of the study. And I think he had a study with pyrucet and there was an anecdotal case of some women curing lung cancer I think with pyrucet, and this is going off memory of the generative energy podcasts

he was did another cancer study with b1 and b3 and he talks about it at the 1 hr 30 minutes mark.

Avoiding pufa.

View: https://youtu.be/TQT6SSsZJus

aliml

Melatonin suppresses the metastatic potential of osteoblastic prostate cancers by inhibiting integrin α2β1 expression

Advanced prostate cancer often develops into bone metastasis, which is characterized by aberrant bone formation with chronic pain and lower chances of survival. No treatment exists as yet for osteoblastic bone metastasis in prostate cancer. The indolamine melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is a major regulator of the circadian rhythm. Melatonin has shown antiproliferative and antimetastatic activities, but has not yet been shown to be active in osteoblastic bone lesions of prostate cancer. Our study investigations reveal that melatonin concentration-dependently decreases the migratory and invasive abilities of two osteoblastic prostate cancer cell lines by inhibiting FAK, c-Src and NF-κB transcriptional activity via the melatonin MT1 receptor, which effectively inhibits integrin α2β1 expression. Melatonin therapy appears to offer therapeutic possibilities for reducing osteoblastic bone lesions in prostate cancer.

The integrin α2β1, also known as VLA-2, GPIa-IIa, CD49b, was first identified as an extracellular matrix receptor for collagens and/or laminins. Ivermectin, Progesterone and Aspirin may reduce the expression of α2β1 integrin!

Last edited:

miquelangeles

Addition of white button mushrooms to his daily diet, as part of the "generalized antiestrogenic therapy".
WBM have been trialed in recurrent prostate cancer patients and it showed some positive results.

burtlancast

Are you open to non-Peat inspired alternative cancer therapies ?

OP
frant26

frant26

@Rinse & rePeat that's great info, will add baking soda in his morning OJ for now. It's a different kind of cancer than multiple myeloma but the thread you shared was insightful, also, there was a mention of nettle tea that I found very interesting;

Clinical studies suggest that Urtica spp. contain compounds that affect the hormones responsible for BPH. In addition, nettle root extract shows activity against prostate cancer cells. In therapy, nettles are usually used in combination with saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) [69,70].

OP
frant26

frant26

I remember a study he did he used cortinon dhea progesterone combo on a incurable cancer in hamsters I think and stop the progression of the cancer and the hamster survived until the end of the study. And I think he had a study with pyrucet and there was an anecdotal case of some women curing lung cancer I think with pyrucet, and this is going off memory of the generative energy podcasts

he was did another cancer study with b1 and b3 and he talks about it at the 1 hr 30 minutes mark.

Avoiding pufa.

View: https://youtu.be/TQT6SSsZJus

He has obesity so even though he cut off most PUFAs for years now, I presume a lot of it is still stored in his adipose tissue. I will watch the whole thing.

B1 and B3 sound like a good addition; thiamine would improve CO2 which is in line with Peat's recommendation to @Rinse & rePeat

OP
frant26

frant26

Melatonin suppresses the metastatic potential of osteoblastic prostate cancers by inhibiting integrin α2β1 expression

Advanced prostate cancer often develops into bone metastasis, which is characterized by aberrant bone formation with chronic pain and lower chances of survival. No treatment exists as yet for osteoblastic bone metastasis in prostate cancer. The indolamine melatonin (N-acetyl-5-methoxytryptamine) is a major regulator of the circadian rhythm. Melatonin has shown antiproliferative and antimetastatic activities, but has not yet been shown to be active in osteoblastic bone lesions of prostate cancer. Our study investigations reveal that melatonin concentration-dependently decreases the migratory and invasive abilities of two osteoblastic prostate cancer cell lines by inhibiting FAK, c-Src and NF-κB transcriptional activity via the melatonin MT1 receptor, which effectively inhibits integrin α2β1 expression. Melatonin therapy appears to offer therapeutic possibilities for reducing osteoblastic bone lesions in prostate cancer.

The integrin α2β1, also known as VLA-2, GPIa-IIa, CD49b, was first identified as an extracellular matrix receptor for collagens and/or laminins. Ivermectin, Progesterone and Aspirin may reduce the expression of α2β1 integrin!

This is fantastic, it's a very recent study. I tried to find it on Sci Hub but it's not there yet. How much melatonin would you start with?

Progesterone and aspirin are on the list, we could add Ivermectin (I read somewhere about a parasite-cancer connection).

OP
frant26

frant26

Addition of white button mushrooms to his daily diet, as part of the "generalized antiestrogenic therapy".
WBM have been trialed in recurrent prostate cancer patients and it showed some positive results.

Great. He already eats some, we will increase the dose ;) It's easier to change things in the diet than add yet another pill or supplement.

@Rinse & rePeat that's great info, will add baking soda in his morning OJ for now. It's a different kind of cancer than multiple myeloma but the thread you shared was insightful, also, there was a mention of nettle tea that I found very interesting;
I am sorry for your situation, it is hard to watch and worry about the person going through it.

Cypro, aspirin, K2, niacinamide. Cypro will antagonise serotonine and will also help with appetite. Aspirin and niacinamide will inhibit fatty acid oxidation. Should help on paper.

OP
frant26

frant26

I am sorry for your situation, it is hard to watch and worry about the person going through it.

Thanks. I read that one. That's what I was referring to with "generalized antiestrogenic therapy", as T/DHT therapy is impractical:

Has anyone ever tried testosterone therapy for prostate cancer? Or, more practically, a generalized antiestrogenic therapy, using thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone? Other drugs (naloxone, bromocriptine, gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists, and anti-growth hormone druges, e.g.) are available to regulate the pituitary hormones, and might be useful therapeutically or preventively.

I know what I would take if I had the cancer. In my uncle's case it's different and I need to choose wisely, driving him crazy with TOO many supplements or pills can backfire...

OP
frant26

frant26

Cypro, aspirin, K2, niacinamide. Cypro will antagonise serotonine and will also help with appetite. Aspirin and niacinamide will inhibit fatty acid oxidation. Should help on paper.

He does not seem to have appetite issues. I agree with you on this standard combo. However, at what doses? I think cypro beyond 1mg could make him sleepy.

burtlancast

Check my post history on Beljanski products: they reversed Francois Miterrand terminal prostate cancer in the late eighties

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Birdie

It helps in many condition but sadly Cypro and other antihistamines are said to be contraindicated with prostate enlargement.

OP
frant26

frant26

This was in the similar threads below

Thank you. Do you have, by any chance, access to the melatonin paper? I would like to use it, but don't know which dose would make a difference.

aliml

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals