Fighting Prostate Cancer for 12 years - Drugs Waning - CT Scan Shows Spread to Ribs/Pelvis - What to do next?

tom94

Any of you seen remission yourself or are aware of remission using unconventional means?

The reason I ask is because a loved one is facing cancer resurgence and we’re beginning to get a little desperate.

Context:
  • Older man (in his early 70’s)
  • Prostate removed 12 years ago
  • Originally put on a course of Enzolutamide (Xtandi)
  • Then, a course of zoladex (Goserelin)
  • Now, he’s being suggested a new drug called Apalutamide (Erleada)
After reading numerous threads on here (thanks @haidut) they all seem to fall under “androgen suppressants”

As the prevailing narrative within the conventional medicine realm seems to state androgens are "rocket fuel" for cancer (literally something I overhead said by a well-renowned Harley Street doctor).

However, based on the other prostate cancer threads on here, it seem that this hypothesis is extremely flawed.

For example, having read this:

Cancer "paradox": Testosterone Treats Prostate Cancer

And this:

Another Confirmation That Testosterone Can Treat Prostate Cancer

Both (ironically) seem to suggest androgens could in fact be PREVENTATIVE.

So, unless you tell me otherwise, I imagine they are pushing this androgen suppressing narrative because the drugs are extremely lucrative?

But with that said, in light of this new information, I would really appreciate it if you could please help me understand what or where may be a wise for us to look next in helping him overcome it?

If it's not androgen suppressants, then what?

Thank you.
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin D and Androgen.

1,25 D in the presence of endogenous testosterone inhibits prostatic growth, whereas 1,25 D in the absence of endogenous testosterone does not affect prostatic growth. The growth inhibitory activity of 1,25 D in the presence of testosterone may be mediated through the ligand activated AR and VDR pathways

Androgen enhances the antiproliferative activity of vitamin D3 by suppressing 24-hydroxylase expression in LNCaP cells.​

In this paper, we demonstrate that 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 at 500 nM significantly increases the expression of 24-hydroxylase mRNA and the increase is significantly decreased by 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) at concentrations of 1-100 nM in androgen-sensitive prostate cancer cells LNCaP. 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 at 500 nM and 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 at 10 nM inhibit LNCaP cell growth, and the growth inhibition is enhanced by 1 nM DHT. Neither 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 nor 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 at physiological concentrations has growth effect. However, in the presence of 1 nM DHT, both 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 at physiological concentrations are clearly antiproliferative.

Testosterone and dihydrotestosterone tissue levels in recurrent prostate cancer

Median tissue levels of dihydrotestosterone were 91% lower in recurrent prostate cancer (1.25 pmol/g tissue) than AS-BP (13.70 pmol/g tissue; Wilcoxon two-sided, P < 0.0001). Six patients had undetectable levels of dihydrotestosterone and one of those patients also had an undetectable level of testosterone. Recurrent prostate cancer patient 14 suggests that prostate cancer can recur completely independent of testicular androgens. Both methods showed that median dihydrotestosterone levels decreased by ∼90% in recurrent prostate cancer

tankasnowgod

Any of you seen remission yourself or are aware of remission using unconventional means?

The reason I ask is because a loved one is facing cancer resurgence and we’re beginning to get a little desperate.

Context:
Wait, if they removed his prostate 12 years ago, why are they still giving him anti-androgen "therapy?"

From what little I know about Goserelin, it can absolutely tank both testosterone AND estrogen levels (and probably many other steroids, as well). If you've read Ray Peat's articles on the subject, he suggests that Estrogen is the main driver behind prostate cancer, and that androgens should be protective (assuming they don't aromatize, or if aromatization is limited). To the degree that Goserelin works, it may well be from estrogen suppression.
After reading numerous threads on here (thanks @haidut) they all seem to fall under “androgen suppressants”

As the prevailing narrative within the conventional medicine realm seems to state androgens are "rocket fuel" for cancer (literally something I overhead said by a well-renowned Harley Street doctor).

However, based on the other prostate cancer threads on here, it seem that this hypothesis is extremely flawed.

And this:

So, unless you tell me otherwise, I imagine they are pushing this androgen suppressing narrative because the drugs are extremely lucrative?
Well, any drug that you can sell near $120 a pill is going to be lucrative-

No idea on how long those 120 pills are supposed to last, but for $14,000, you could buy a deluxe altitude tent and generator, and have plenty of money left over to cover the extra on your power bills (or even invest in solar panels), and then run it every night to drop lactate levels. I think there are a few studies showing that mice with cancer taken to high altitude often had spontaneous remission, and since lactate is an oncometabolite, there is a probable mechanism for such remission.

I had a former coworker who was dealing with prostate cancer, and he was on Lupron. I remember one day he came in, and mentioned he met an old friend dealing with similar issues, and when the subject of "Lupron" came up, his friend mentioned it was only supposed to be taken for 6 months or so, but my coworker had been on it for 3 solid years!
But with that said, in light of this new information, I would really appreciate it if you could please help me understand what or where may be a wise for us to look next in helping him overcome it?

Thank you.
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin D and Androgen.

1,25 D in the presence of endogenous testosterone inhibits prostatic growth, whereas 1,25 D in the absence of endogenous testosterone does not affect prostatic growth. The growth inhibitory activity of 1,25 D in the presence of testosterone may be mediated through the ligand activated AR and VDR pathways

Androgen enhances the antiproliferative activity of vitamin D3 by suppressing 24-hydroxylase expression in LNCaP cells.​

In this paper, we demonstrate that 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 at 500 nM significantly increases the expression of 24-hydroxylase mRNA and the increase is significantly decreased by 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) at concentrations of 1-100 nM in androgen-sensitive prostate cancer cells LNCaP. 25-Hydroxyvitamin D3 at 500 nM and 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 at 10 nM inhibit LNCaP cell growth, and the growth inhibition is enhanced by 1 nM DHT. Neither 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 nor 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 at physiological concentrations has growth effect. However, in the presence of 1 nM DHT, both 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 and 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 at physiological concentrations are clearly antiproliferative.

Median tissue levels of dihydrotestosterone were 91% lower in recurrent prostate cancer (1.25 pmol/g tissue) than AS-BP (13.70 pmol/g tissue; Wilcoxon two-sided, P < 0.0001). Six patients had undetectable levels of dihydrotestosterone and one of those patients also had an undetectable level of testosterone. Recurrent prostate cancer patient 14 suggests that prostate cancer can recur completely independent of testicular androgens. Both methods showed that median dihydrotestosterone levels decreased by ∼90% in recurrent prostate cancer
This thread has the best success story on the forum, using pro metabolic substances for remission and shrinkage of a brain tumor, pretty detailed, too-

Also, if you just do a general search for Pyrucet, you can find these studies on how it has anti tumor effects- https://www.researchgate.net/public...et_in_Hamsters_with_Experimental_Graffi_Tumor

cdg

Context:

And this:

Thank you.

Vitamin D and Androgen.

You can try using Lidocaine to stop the spread here is a note from Ray"

It’s o.k. to reduce the aspirin according to hearing. For Lidocine 200 mg in a single systemic dose is the limit, a day’s total of about 500 mg. I make a 4% solution and then take the appropriate amount of that in milk or orange juice at intervales so that it doesn’t numb my throat going in. The CO gas bag, bicarbonate, and acetazolamide can have overlapping symptoms. Too much acetazolamide can build up acidosis, producing fatigue and weakness; baking soda alleviates that.​

Attachments

• fcell-08-00565.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
OP
T

tom94

Wait, if they removed his prostate 12 years ago, why are they still giving him anti-androgen "therapy?"

From what little I know about Goserelin, it can absolutely tank both testosterone AND estrogen levels (and probably many other steroids, as well). If you've read Ray Peat's articles on the subject, he suggests that Estrogen is the main driver behind prostate cancer, and that androgens should be protective (assuming they don't aromatize, or if aromatization is limited). To the degree that Goserelin works, it may well be from estrogen suppression.

Well, any drug that you can sell near $120 a pill is going to be lucrative-

No idea on how long those 120 pills are supposed to last, but for $14,000, you could buy a deluxe altitude tent and generator, and have plenty of money left over to cover the extra on your power bills (or even invest in solar panels), and then run it every night to drop lactate levels. I think there are a few studies showing that mice with cancer taken to high altitude often had spontaneous remission, and since lactate is an oncometabolite, there is a probable mechanism for such remission.

I had a former coworker who was dealing with prostate cancer, and he was on Lupron. I remember one day he came in, and mentioned he met an old friend dealing with similar issues, and when the subject of "Lupron" came up, his friend mentioned it was only supposed to be taken for 6 months or so, but my coworker had been on it for 3 solid years!

This thread has the best success story on the forum, using pro metabolic substances for remission and shrinkage of a brain tumor, pretty detailed, too-

Also, if you just do a general search for Pyrucet, you can find these studies on how it has anti tumor effects- https://www.researchgate.net/public...et_in_Hamsters_with_Experimental_Graffi_Tumor

Thank you so much for this mate. REALLY helpful!

Reading through the reference to the success story was eye-opening. Wow, incredible to see what can be achieved with the right diet / supplement combo.

The loved one in question is also on blood thinners so I wonder how I could create a similar stack for him without causing interactions? Food for thought for sure.

Seems like the Pyrucet was the "secret weapon" in that case which was fascinating to read so thanks for mentioning that as alongside Oxidal, it may be something worth considering.

OP
T

tom94

Here are testimonials for Chlorine Dioxide (MMS).
WOW - thanks for this @Ada

Never heard of Chlorine Dioxide within the context of cancer therapy.

The testimonials suggests it sure as hell works!

Do you know where / how to get hold of some?

I'm certainly intrigued! Seems wise to explore further for sure.

OP
T

tom94

Thanks for the reference to Lidocaine @cdg

The potential for cancer mitigation seems quite compelling.

However, upon looking at the wikipage on it: Lidocaine - Wikipedia

There seems to be lots of contraindications related to impact on heart health.

The subject in question is already taking blood thinners for helping mitigate a potential heart issue so I'd be concerned him taking something that may compromise this further.

That said, do you know any sources / ways of getting hold of some outside of the conventional means?

Certainly open to exploring it further.

tankasnowgod

The loved one in question is also on blood thinners so I wonder how I could create a similar stack for him without causing interactions? Food for thought for sure.
Don't know which blood thinners you refer to, but both Vitamin E and Aspirin have blood thinning properties, and are much safer than any of the newer ones, and have a track record of many decades (like, 60-100+ years). I think Peat has suggested either (or both) to be as effective (at the right dosage) than any of the newer blood thinners, with fewer side effects, obviously. I know Aspirin also has anti-cancer properties, Vitamin E might as well. Some doctors are even comfortable recommending aspirin over the newer blood thinners, especially if the patient mentions any side effects.

LeeLemonoil

Prolactin-antagonism was in some individual cases able to cure terminal PC:

This might be a worthwhile road to follow since modulating steroid hormones might now not be enough anymore. There are stages of malignant PC that are - imho - not treatable with androgens, but others may disagree.

Years of androgen ablation even after surgery is incomprehensible to me.

LeeLemonoil

If it isn’t too stressful for you to read here is a thread where I argument against treating advanced castration resistant prostate cancer with androgens despite the many threads and studies shared in the forum by posters that would recommend just that. Haidut also replied there few times

A

Adf

WOW - thanks for this @Ada

Never heard of Chlorine Dioxide within the context of cancer therapy.

The testimonials suggests it sure as hell works!

Do you know where / how to get hold of some?

I'm certainly intrigued! Seems wise to explore further for sure.

My source is Australian based, however just taking a quick look they are not taking orders for now as they are backlogged, and have provided this link, which has links to international websites.

Here is a pdf that has information for an MMS protocol to combat cancer.

S.Seneff

OP
T

tom94

Don't know which blood thinners you refer to, but both Vitamin E and Aspirin have blood thinning properties, and are much safer than any of the newer ones, and have a track record of many decades (like, 60-100+ years). I think Peat has suggested either (or both) to be as effective (at the right dosage) than any of the newer blood thinners, with fewer side effects, obviously. I know Aspirin also has anti-cancer properties, Vitamin E might as well. Some doctors are even comfortable recommending aspirin over the newer blood thinners, especially if the patient mentions any side effects.
Thanks for this boss. Really appreciate the input and clarification.

OP
T

tom94

Prolactin-antagonism was in some individual cases able to cure terminal PC:

This might be a worthwhile road to follow since modulating steroid hormones might now not be enough anymore. There are stages of malignant PC that are - imho - not treatable with androgens, but others may disagree.

Years of androgen ablation even after surgery is incomprehensible to me.
Thanks boss. Really appreciate this.

Some fascinating information in there!

Your advice though..

I’m no scientist and don’t have a medical or biological background so..

How do I convey this in a way that will make sense to him?

As much as I want to get all this stuff in front of him, I don’t know how helpful it will be unless it’s properly synthasized and justified.

Like, “androgen theory has these flaws.. but here’s why these other theories may have basis.. particuarly applied within his context?”

That’s what im most worried about.

Suggesting things that doesn’t have the proper context which then could see doubt in his mind with the drugs he’s taking which could then prevent the placebo effect from working (assuming his belief in the drugs is strong).

Does that make sense?

LeeLemonoil

Does that make sense?
Very much yes. You describe a common dilemma with people that are suffering from both a serious illness and are on therapy that is not helpful or harmful at the same time. If these people are then additionally unknownleadgeable in physiology or extremely trusting in their malpracticing doctors it’s nearly impossible to change their approach.

And yes, then one has tp decide if it does more harm than good to sow doubts about their therapy regime - even if it is harmful.

I still think getting the prolactin-antagonism into the mix is promising. On various levels.

First: it might be able to offset some of the harmful effects of the anti-androgen regimen even if continued. Deranged prolactin signaling and effects are in fact downstream from distorted androgen homoeostasis and signals reciprocally.
It could in the very least alleviate the burden of thf harmful anti-androgen therapy while at the same time effect independent pathonechanisms positively.

Second: it has actual publications to substantiate it. Both individual case reports and broader publications. This is helpful to get an actual doctor to prescribe the anti-prolactin medication. This is not thr case with say chlorine-stuff that was also recommended in this thread.

Note also that the PC cured by prolactin antagonism is named „androgen independent pc“ - which is exactly the stuff you deal with. Just named wrongly by stupid researchers. They mean: if anti-androgen Therapy isn’t working the PC is androgen Independent. That’s wrong on many levels but in practice at least this concept is helpful: if the therapist is convinced that he is dealing with an androgen indipendent stage of Prostate cancer then the therapist can both end anti-androgen therapy or / and at least seek other means, which in this case, backed by literature is anti-prolactin thearapy. Also the medication for it is cheap and widely available - at least cabergolin and the like

Last edited:

cdg

Thanks for the reference to Lidocaine @cdg

The potential for cancer mitigation seems quite compelling.

However, upon looking at the wikipage on it: Lidocaine - Wikipedia

There seems to be lots of contraindications related to impact on heart health.

The subject in question is already taking blood thinners for helping mitigate a potential heart issue so I'd be concerned him taking something that may compromise this further.

That said, do you know any sources / ways of getting hold of some outside of the conventional means?

Certainly open to exploring it further.
Ray gave instructions on how to use it safely in my post I included those. Lidocaine is usually available over the counter make sure you get the right one else you can get it from Buy Lidocaine Powder and Buy Benzocaine Powder For Less

S.Seneff

"COMBAT, a small, phase 2 study supported by PCF, co-led by Hopkins investigators Mark Markowski, M.D., Ph.D., and Emmanuel Antonarakis, M.D., (now Director of Genitourinary Oncology at the University of Minnesota) tested the combination of BAT and immunotherapy in 45 men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). The men were treated with BAT in combination with nivolumab (an immunotherapy agent). “We saw an impressive clinical response rate of 40 percent,” says Markowski. “We also observed a durable benefit, lasting over a year, in a few patients who had received extensive prior therapies.” The results suggested that BAT alone has significant efficacy, while nivolumab improves responses in some patients. The combination of BAT with nivolumab was safe and well tolerated by the participants. Markowski and Antonarakis are designing a randomized Phase 3 study to compare combined BAT plus nivolumab versus standard treatments for patients with mCRPC."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals