Labs for tracking cancer progression/remission?

SLM

Hi everyone. A family member was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver and colon cancer, and he's decided to test alternative therapies vs. get chemo or rad. I'm looking for suggestions about what labs, blood or otherwise, would be recommended for regularly tracking changes based on these therapies - in other words to see if they're working. He's testing a variety of therapies, though not starting all at once.

I assume lactic acid and LDH would be a good place to start. Anything else?

Thank you in advance.

PS. All comments/suggestions about treating liver and colon cancer are welcome, too.

youngsinatra

These are just my thoughts, as I never actively helped someone with cancer, but these are things I‘d check for myself if I was in this situation.

Lactate (Getting lower)
CO2 (In the reference range)
Ferritin (<100)
Ceruloplasmin (~30 mg/dl)
Pregnenolone (normal / middle of the reference range)
DHEA (normal / middle of the reference range)
TSH (below 2 at least)
PTH (~15 pg/ml)
pulse > 60-70 after waking up, 85 during the day and temperature 97.8 F after waking up and 98.6 F during the day.

If lactate goes high & pregnenolone gets low this indicates low mitochondrial respiration as pregnenolone is made inside the mitochondria, so that means that the system relies on excessive glycolysis. („Cancer metabolism“ / Warburg effect)

I‘d check ceruloplasmin, serum copper and ferritin to look for problems with oxygen utilization. (highly likely present in cancer)
If these get low, or high or dysregulated, it can be problematic.

Last edited:

oxphoser

Hi everyone. A family member was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver and colon cancer, and he's decided to test alternative therapies vs. get chemo or rad. I'm looking for suggestions about what labs, blood or otherwise, would be recommended for regularly tracking changes based on these therapies - in other words to see if they're working. He's testing a variety of therapies, though not starting all at once.

Thank you in advance.

PS. All comments/suggestions about treating liver and colon cancer are welcome, too.
Hi,
There’s been a fair bit written on this forum about ivermectin as a treatment for cancer. Type in “ivermectin cancer” in the search box.

Also Dr Lodi, who has a YouTube channel puts out weekly live 2 hour videos about treating cancer. He has all his cancer patients on 3 different anti-parasitics, ivermectin being one of them. He spoke about this including dosages this past Sunday (3/28/23).

cdg

Hi,
There’s been a fair bit written on this forum about ivermectin as a treatment for cancer. Type in “ivermectin cancer” in the search box.

Also Dr Lodi, who has a YouTube channel puts out weekly live 2 hour videos about treating cancer. He has all his cancer patients on 3 different anti-parasitics, ivermectin being one of them. He spoke about this including dosages this past Sunday (3/28/23).
Could not find 03-28-23 Lodi video, Latest seems to be 03-05-23?

Diokine

Look into WF Koch's explanation of testing whole blood crenation. He outlines the process in some of his writings, it is something you can do at home with a microscope.

frannybananny

Thank you in advance.

Not only has Ivermectin been used successfully to decrease cancer but also the dog wormer Fenbendazole (Safeguard on Amazon). If your family member has not read the Joe Tippens Story yet then they should. It is very encouraging and gives the protocol used to cure this man's cancer which supposedly was everywhere. Joe Tippens is still alive and thriving today. It seems that a lot of cancers are caused by parasites.

oxphoser

Could not find 03-28-23 Lodi video, Latest seems to be 03-05-23?
Looks like it hasn’t been posted on YouTube yet. It will be eventually but it is currently on his Facebook group which is called “Dr Lodi.” He posts all his videos there too. He does one every Sunday. He starts talking about ivermectin 39 minutes in. Caution: he is a strident vegetarian which can be annoying if you are not. He’s responsive to questions.

A-Tim

Not only has Ivermectin been used successfully to decrease cancer but also the dog wormer Fenbendazole (Safeguard on Amazon). If your family member has not read the Joe Tippens Story yet then they should. It is very encouraging and gives the protocol used to cure this man's cancer which supposedly was everywhere. Joe Tippens is still alive and thriving today. It seems that a lot of cancers are caused by parasites.

The paper linked above claims that Tippens:
a) Renounced his claim that fenben was a good treatment option for cancer.
b) Was simultaneously in a clinical trial for an immuno-cancer drug which may explain remission.
c) He died in 2021 anyway.

I have no dog in this fight and haven't evaluated the paper for accuracy, but thought I'd leave it here for additional context so that people could make up their own minds.

frannybananny

The paper linked above claims that Tippens:
a) Renounced his claim that fenben was a good treatment option for cancer.
b) Was simultaneously in a clinical trial for an immuno-cancer drug which may explain remission.
c) He died in 2021 anyway.

I have no dog in this fight and haven't evaluated the paper for accuracy, but thought I'd leave it here for additional context so that people could make up their own minds.
I question the validity of this Korean funded article. First of all Joe Tippens (they spelled it Jo) is still alive and advising his protocol which now includes full spectrum CBD oil. Is Joe Tippens Still Cancer Free? Update 2022

Is Joe Tippens Still Alive or Dead? 2023

Yes, I knew that intially he took Keytruda (the paper spells it Kitruda) along with the Fenbendazole. This huge article that you posted the link to only describes the various ways in which people get information....not whether the Fenbendazole protocol is helpful or not.

Like you, I have no dog in this fight, but since Ivermectin and other anti-parasitics have been shown to curtail cancer growth (the famous Essaic Tea is one) then I see no reason not to add those to an anticancer regimen.

cdg

Looks like it hasn’t been posted on YouTube yet. It will be eventually but it is currently on his Facebook group which is called “Dr Lodi.” He posts all his videos there too. He does one every Sunday. He starts talking about ivermectin 39 minutes in. Caution: he is a strident vegetarian which can be annoying if you are not. He’s responsive to questions.
Thanks, checked it but did not find yet

aliml

5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA) is a metabolite of serotonin. Levels in urine are used as a marker to determine the levels of serotonin in the body.
This test is mainly used to check for carcinoid tumors, slow-growing tumors that usually appear in several spots in the body, including the gut and lungs.

kimbriel

These are just my thoughts, as I never actively helped someone with cancer, but these are things I‘d check for myself if I was in this situation.

Lactate (Getting lower)
CO2 (In the reference range)
Ferritin (<100)
Ceruloplasmin (~30 mg/dl)
Pregnenolone (normal / middle of the reference range)
DHEA (normal / middle of the reference range)
TSH (below 2 at least)
PTH (~15 pg/ml)
pulse > 60-70 after waking up, 85 during the day and temperature 97.8 F after waking up and 98.6 F during the day.

If lactate goes high & pregnenolone gets low this indicates low mitochondrial respiration as pregnenolone is made inside the mitochondria, so that means that the system relies on excessive glycolysis. („Cancer metabolism“ / Warburg effect)

I‘d check ceruloplasmin, serum copper and ferritin to look for problems with oxygen utilization. (highly likely present in cancer)
If these get low, or high or dysregulated, it can be problematic.
Interesting. I had lung carcinoid, diagnosed early this year... and have all kinds of metabolic issues. Any ideas for how to prevent recurrence? I take 59mcg T3 and 38mcg T4 daily (I have Hashi's), 325mg aspirin, Vit D (I'm always low), and when I remember to, Vit E. I take Low Dose Naltrexone and do red light therapy. I eat at least 100g of protein daily. During my luteal phase I supplement with bioidentical progesterone. Any other thoughts here? Lung carcinoid hardly ever comes back, but it still does come back in 1-3% of cases. Narrowly missed losing a lung, but did lose a lobe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals