Stage 4 Lung Cancer

Velve921

Hello to all,

I have a close friend whose been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She has been dipping into Peat's work for many months now and has seen tremendous improvements in energy levels; however, recently she was diagnosed.

Does anyone have any experiences they would be willing to share regarding this matter?

I have sent her much of Peat's material and Danny Roddy's Podcast on Cancer.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

DaveFoster

Sorry to hear that. I'm not a doctor, so I don't feel comfortable recommending any therapies. I do know high dosages of aspirin are effective in certain cases.

Pointless

People were talking about tetracycline in another thread. I think it was the retinil thread.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I sent an email to Dr. Peat this morning; I was hesitant because I know he receives a lot of emails.

Any and all thoughts would be great!

Based on everything I've learned thus far, if I had cancer I would personally:

Do high dose T3, Aspirin, B3, Progesterone from a supplementation stand point on top of my Peat inspired diet. If anyone has anecdotal experience with cancer and would like to share their story I would be interested in hearing their experiences.

Thanks everyone so far!

PakPik

I'm not an expert, but I'd personally focus on the following (besides a good diet/lifestyle foundation):

-High dose sodium acetylsalicylate (that's the reaction of aspirin with baking soda, it doesn't harm the gut, while aspirin frequently does -that happened to me-)
-High dose niacinamide (niacinamide covers so many bases, and the risk/benefit ratio is usually very low. You might be interested to know there's a clinical trial "Anticancer Activity of Nicotinamide on Lung Cancer" Anticancer Activity of Nicotinamide on Lung Cancer - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov)
-I'd avoid pro-fibrosis signaling in the lungs (Serotonin, through the 5-ht2 receptor is a particularly important player in this. I also found this interesting bit, although it's on lung metastasis: "Recently, an H1 histamine receptor antagonist and serotonin receptor blocker, cyproheptadine, has been reported for its anticancer activity, which resulted in the induction of cancer cell apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma, leukemia, and multiple myeloma [13,14] and complete remission in two advanced HCC patients with lung metastases upon treatment with a combination of cyproheptadine and thalidomide [17]. Notably, despite its anti-angiogenic effects, thalidomide alone is insufficient treatment" BMC Cancer)
-As important as all the above, I'd make my diet a very low fat one, in part because cancer is totally dependent on fatty acids to grow (I learned that from some of Haidut's posts), and also cancer signaling is very dependent on PUFA mediators like leukotrienes and prostaglandins.

My very best hopes for your friend.

Last edited:

thegiantess

Hello to all,

I have a close friend whose been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She has been dipping into Peat's work for many months now and has seen tremendous improvements in energy levels; however, recently she was diagnosed.

Does anyone have any experiences they would be willing to share regarding this matter?

Hi there. So sorry for your friend. I am assume because it is late stage that she will be doing some chemo and rad? Or whatever is recommend as standard care?

Anecdotally, I was the primary caregiver for a person very close to me, who at the age of 28, was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She did standard treatment. That is to say, radiation, chemo and surgery. However, we also worked a lot on diet and lifestyle changes. She asked me to design a diet for her and I went to a lot of care to do so. I read a lot of stuff on Paul Jaminets site, Peat and others. In the end I thought it would be most important to be well nourished and to eat a lot of food. I think often what takes people is the tumor burden/inability to eat makes one cahexic. Paul Jaminet acutally argues that a baby is essentially an 8 pound tumor and people live just fine with them. Certainly there are limitations to that argument, but it illustrates the point. Anyway, she ate a lot of organic potatoes, rice, lean meats, dairy, leafy/green veg, dark chocolate, coconut oils fat. She also stayed away from immune booster type things like vit c during treatment. I don't remember supps well, but I think she only did magnesium and vit d. Additionally she cut out potential irritants such as gluten, beans, and whole grains. As far as lifestyle, she took work less seriously and made sure to get sunshine and light exercise.

She made a full recovery and is alive and well (almost) 5 years later.

If I had to do it again I would likely add aspirin.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Thank you for sharing your experience thegiantess! Means so much!

Learning about the effects of T3, Progesterone, Aspirin, B3, and Vitamin E, makes me wonder if high doses on top of a Peat inspired nutrition plan would do the trick?

Does anyone on the forum believe that chemo is the route to go? This woman is a chiro and on board with treating the body through improving the energetic status of the cell...most close ones are getting emotional and one doctor said she has 8 months to live. She literally told him, "***k That!". She's getting more into meditation and has an amazing outlook on life.

thegiantess

Thank you for sharing your experience thegiantess! Means so much!

Learning about the effects of T3, Progesterone, Aspirin, B3, and Vitamin E, makes me wonder if high doses on top of a Peat inspired nutrition plan would do the trick?

Does anyone on the forum believe that chemo is the route to go? This woman is a chiro and on board with treating the body through improving the energetic status of the cell...most close ones are getting emotional and one doctor said she has 8 months to live. She literally told him, "***k That!". She's getting more into meditation and has an amazing outlook on life.

There was a cancer discussion elsewhere on this forum a few months ago. It seems like the consensus here is to try and re energize the cell. Idk if I'm just a big chicken or what, but at stage four I think it's not the time for experimenting. I would encourage her to get the standard treatment and start anew when its done. Of course the radiation and blah blah. But to that I say, there is no stage 5. Ya know?

Well if it's non-small cell stage IV, survival rate should be 1%...

misery guts

Haidut was mentioning in one of the talks recently that some medical company had applied for a patent to use LLLT and Methylene Blue in conjunction as a treatment for (I think) stage 4 melanoma. I think Haidut's position was that the real method through which this treatment was working was because it had such a restorative affect on metabolism in general, rather than any specific countering of a genetic failure or whatnot, which might mean it would be worth a shot for any kind of cancer.

Also, a touch above my comprehension but if I'd just been diagnosed with cancer I suspect I'd probably see about getting whatever the hell it is this chap's kindly sharing with us: Dr. William Frederich Koch USA/Brazil, Drs. Erich & Dieter Reinstorff, Germany - Continued Research

tara

So sorry you friend has to deal with this.
I guess there are no guarantees, but she has a chance of overcoming it.

There was a cancer discussion elsewhere on this forum a few months ago.
What Would You Do If You Were Diagnosed With Cancer

Also, a touch above my comprehension but if I'd just been diagnosed with cancer I suspect I'd probably see about getting whatever the hell it is this chap's kindly sharing with us: Dr. William Frederich Koch USA/Brazil, Drs. Erich & Dieter Reinstorff, Germany - Continued Research
Me too.

And I'd be considering veganish/Gersonish diet for a while, and dry CO2 baths regularly (see Ken's recent posts), and read all of poster Peatarian's posts here.

And rereading Peat's articles and interviews referring to cancer.

And trying to find out what the stats are like for the specific type of cancer and the proposed medical treatment compared with not using the proposed medical treatment. I think the case for or against using surgery/radiation/chemo can differ between different cases.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I received this straight from Dr. Peat regarding lung cancer.

"Lung cancer cells produce increased amounts of some things that promote abnormal growth, and some of these can be inhibited by common harmless materials. The effects of adenosine and (leaked) ATP are inhibited by caffeine, prostaglandins are inhibited by aspirin and pregnenolone, estrogen by progesterone, aromatase inhibitors, orange juice and cooked mushrooms, histamine and serotonin by antihistamines, cyproheptadine, nitric oxide by tetracycline, progesterone, agmatine, etc. Emodin, in cascara, blocks various things in lung cancer, and its laxative effect helps to lower nitric oxide, histamine, and serotonin." - Dr. Ray Peat

skycop00

Hello to all,

Maybe DNP...the studies are promising for sure.....especially in Europe...

2,4-dinitrophenol induces G1 phase arrest and apoptosis in human pulmonary adenocarcinoma Calu-6 cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Giraffe

Last edited:

Giraffe

In the observational study above patients with advanced cancer of all sorts were given methimazole to depress T4 production, and T3 to keep them euthyroid. TSH is inflammatory and (at least some forms of) cancers need TSH to progress. T4 and T3 suppress TSH.

Just found this mouse study:

Effects of experimental hyper- and hypothyroidism on natural defense activities against Lewis... - Abstract - Europe PMC

Abstract

The effects of experimentally induced hyper- and hypothyroidism on the growth and development of spontaneous pulmonary metastases of Lewis lung carcinoma (3LL) cells were studied in a murine system. Progression of 3LL tumors growing in mice was associated with significant reduction in the serum levels of T3 and T4. Subcutaneous (s. c.) injections (3 times/week) of T3 resulted in a hyperthyroid state with elevated T3 and reduced T4, whereas treatment with T4 induced a hyperthyroid state with elevated T3 and T4 levels. On the other hand, treatment with methimazole induced hypothyroidism with reduced T3 and T4 levels. Under these experimental conditions, treatment with T3 significantly inhibited spontaneous pulmonary metastases, and prolonged survivals of the mice. Methimazole suppressed primary and metastatic tumor growth and prolonged survival. In contrast, treatment with T4 enhanced primary tumor growth and development of pulmonary metastases of 3LL cells. Alveolar macrophages showed enhanced cytotoxicity against 3LL tumor cells after injections of thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) for 4 weeks. The NK activities of spleen cells of mice treated with T4 or methimazole were much lower than those of control mice, and were not affected by treatment with T3. These results imply that changes in thyroid functions may have important influence on natural host defenses against primary and metastatic lung cancer in humans.

I'm not an expert, but I'd personally focus on the following (besides a good diet/lifestyle foundation):

-High dose sodium acetylsalicylate (that's the reaction of aspirin with baking soda, it doesn't harm the gut, while aspirin frequently does -that happened to me-)
-High dose niacinamide (niacinamide covers so many bases, and the risk/benefit ratio is usually very low. You might be interested to know there's a clinical trial "Anticancer Activity of Nicotinamide on Lung Cancer" Anticancer Activity of Nicotinamide on Lung Cancer - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov)
-I'd avoid pro-fibrosis signaling in the lungs (Serotonin, through the 5-ht2 receptor is a particularly important player in this. I also found this interesting bit, although it's on lung metastasis: "Recently, an H1 histamine receptor antagonist and serotonin receptor blocker, cyproheptadine, has been reported for its anticancer activity, which resulted in the induction of cancer cell apoptosis in mantle cell lymphoma, leukemia, and multiple myeloma [13,14] and complete remission in two advanced HCC patients with lung metastases upon treatment with a combination of cyproheptadine and thalidomide [17]. Notably, despite its anti-angiogenic effects, thalidomide alone is insufficient treatment" BMC Cancer)
-As important as all the above, I'd make my diet a very low fat one, in part because cancer is totally dependent on fatty acids to grow (I learned that from some of Haidut's posts), and also cancer signaling is very dependent on PUFA mediators like leukotrienes and prostaglandins.

My very best hopes for your friend.

I am interested in what you said about aspirin WITH baking soda PakPik can you please elaborate?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals