1-year On Ray Peat/Pro-metabolic Diet With Some Bad Results

Dave Clark

Think of it as leaving bad reviews on amazon or yelp or facebook :) Unsatisfied costumers usually leave bad reviews to get their voices heard, they don't just walk away and disappear. I actually prefer it that way :) If all reviews are 4 or 5 stars I'd be really wary if they're fake or paid. It creates a healthy discussion of the product, what things to improve, tweak or proper usage.
Good explanation by both of you members. Just took me off guard. I know we don't always agrree with some of the things Ray might say, but it just sounded trashing to me, which made me ask why the heck are you on this forum? But I get it, something I will get used to as I go along. Thanks.

nikolabeacon

Nikola beacon, I was interested in your posts because you go against Peat and say something new and different. You seem so sure of yourself. But in more recent posts it seems you are drinking milk and eating sugar again. Why do you talk like you know things for certain and then change your mind? Why do you talk negative about Peat, when he is so much smarter then you? You talk like you know something as fact, but you are still experimenting.
Ok.I posted some impulsive comments and what now?.....i agree that when we disagree with something we should try do it without ad hominem and impulsive comments...but sometimes....

And communicTion (and forum) should be a flowing proces ...People that do not show their thought process are insane ... I think forum is a place where you present your thought process...lol but what does that even mean ....everyone here is posting their thoughts.....and those thoughts are currently "facts" for their current understanding in that particular thought process...But many people are dishonest and their "personas" are afraid to present their real changing and doubtfull thought process and confess when something is not right.. What do you expect ???... I decided that it was good to try to explain some of my realizations and post some things( purist Peaty) not because I am back at "hardcore Peating" but as apologize and contra action after that to show my opinion that things are not only black and white and can indeed work if you desperately want that. But i see now that I shouldnt .
I am ready to alter my opinions fast if there is some realization about even small missing piece that can change a whole theory. And even then thats just me.

nor there is a disscusion about important things..its boring..and i am not posting anythimg related to that since its not welcomed on this forum and it will quickly turn into a War even if "scientiffic studies" are posted. It is clear that majority of People that follow Peat diet end up loaded with Serotonin and start to develop Asperger type behaviour.

And its clear that even Peat can not live without Cyprophetadine and other anti S. Drugs and many other supps and hormones besides bathing with Progesterone and CO2 on a daily basis as in his mothers Womb while preachimg that supps are dangerous and poor quality. I see he is eatimg his Prometabolic diet but it needs "soms little support" from "some" supps and hormones . Maybe he didnt cured his colitis with daily carrots and Lidocaine, activated charcoal and avoidance of Starch. Just look how he is tremulous while speaking ...He is not achieved antiaging in a true sense at all his internal though process and voice and eyes tells everything. People on thyroid usually die from heart attacks .

If not they would welcome every critique even if it is not correct or agressive and they would actually explain( and interprete if they understamd everything very well) that here on forum in their language since forum is actually a place for that not a Line of Defense. Sorry forgot to post my Serotonin ," LoL"

And if you want and are able to you can extract something usefull from every comment or post even if it is agressive and with bad attitude...but it is just the thing that we are learned from childhood by our parents and the system and society and programed to neglect and repress everything that is unpolite,disrespectfull and consider it as "BAD".Everything must be smoothed out , happy, polite etc..

-----------------------
And actually what i wrote here and my other past posts I still think is true if you are in a state when cortisol is chronically elevated from stress or with sluggish liver and inflammed bowels..... milk(Ca) , fructose and caffeine will not work as simple as that in such state and it will make it worse (especially if you are taking large doses niacinamide+aspirin along with many other supps while eating SFA)....its a reason why people may gain weight , get fatty liver, have blood sugar diabetic symptoms, constipation and hair issues. Overfeeding Palm Oil Causes More Liver And Visceral Fat Accumulation Than Sunflower Oil

PUFAs Cause Fatty Liver (and Reference To Mildronate)

Palmitic Acid (palmitate) Is A Fatty Acid Oxidation Inhibitor More Powerful Than Mildronate

Where Is The Evidence That Saturated Fats ___ Pyruvate Dehydrogenase? its not an evidence.

Studies? Where Is Evidence PUFAs Are Preferentially Stored Not Burned? considring his large "pubmed " experience Peat response here is more than Funny and it doesn t answer the question of course Peat doesnt have an actual biological explanation for that. Truth is actually reverse but not with Mc Donalds pufa.

Also Peat "assumptions" about mechanisms of Pufa accumulation vs burning( and its toxic metabolites) doesn' t have any proof and is not correct according to very good actual explanation about that i the W.F.Koch work . Not all pufa's are same nor they are ingested in a same form and state. For ex. You can't compare animal derived arachidonic acid pufa with others or refined and rancid pufa with that in fresh natural form.

Read William F. Koch Research Site

Koch is also right about all animal proteins in the Diet (and importance of fiber ). Their consumption should be very limited . And Peat himself and people on Peat diet ( including me ) need more protein because Peat diet is actually Terrible for the Liver and stomach acid health long term... it is because his diet of Ca and sugar will destroy your digestion and bottleneck the liver with all that fructose and lactose.(and you need T, Cooffe and extra protein to keep liver working which will have side effects of course such as still weak digestion, various forms of Sibo from Ca and protein, hair loss from impaired kidneys from ammonia overload) Thats why Peat need antibiotics, cRrots, mushrooms, charcoal, enemas, coffee, Mg supplements, lidocaine gel and progesterone and thyroid. :D

And also its not particularly wise at all also in this context about water and cells to connect stunning Ling's WORK to Peat's "work" whose "work" is like a kindergarten compared to Ling, Gyorgys and Kochs work.

..Fructose and caffeine in some people with noth enough active TH can improve situation short term but there is limit to their action since they are like a medicine and protection under stress but You are not correcting the problems with them at all...in fact you will accumulate other worse issues while medicating with tons of sugar and coffee of course others will use thyroid hormone but there is not much difference in that approach.

.And supplementing thyroid will not work long term either in everyone as can be seen here on forum....because thyroid will not neceassary improve liver and it needs other support..Nd even if it works i dont see too much reports for how long it worked or if things are always under control.. and when we are here about thyroid .
that notion that thyroid is like a " food" and that people in the past were eating that regularly (which is impossible since it was impossible to control the dose and was very dangerous to do so constantly) is not correct and is not needed .... hormones are actually last in the chain and in evolution of living things...they are a RESULT and SIGNALS from the complex environment and result of perceptions by our Brain, food(nutrients, minerals , vitamins etc...so making good dietary choices and life activities and environment should actually tottaly control hormones..not the other way round. You have a power to perceive things and take hormone but what gave you or induced that realization in the first place...??? Read something (and understand) from Koch and Gyorgyi to understand this part.

And guess why many people struggle with Peating even after taking thyroid and have immune reactions( problems with hair, intestines, frequent colds, skin inflammation etc.)? It is because when you try to lower cortisol by any means directly (be it loads of forced sucrose feeding or taking thyroid, antiserotonin drugs etc) without actual coherence with environment your sensitivity to cortisol and adrenaline will be skigh high and such state is very vulnerable for many thing because range of cortisol actions against stress are very different to that of thyroid and thats why its not all about "pushing thyroid up" . Exposure to cortisol long term is surely detrimental to health but correct way to lower cortisol is to eliminate the things in the LIFE and DIET which are exacerbating inflammation and remove the burden from the system not to imitate "healthy low cortisol state" when system is not ready for that and without actual "high metabolism environment".... cortisol's actions against certain already present ongoing inflammation are not the same as thyroid's or progesterone ("low stress state"). If it is, people here shouldn't have mentiones problems. It is clearly showing that it is vulnerable state to just lower cortisol by any means without ADEQUATE replacement and push thyroid up without adequate healthy support since you stopped current ADEQUATE defense mechanism against the current inflammation...and metabolism will fix in itself just by lowering cortisol by any means and it will not be "resilent" to many things in the life that can be opposed adequately only with cortisol..... Our duty is to realize that and correct in a proper way and its the only way we can make REAL change in the current stressfull system and environment......It is not "destroying a pathogen" approach but removing the burden from the system in a correct way in order to allow healing process to procede. This is the Truth.

If someone like to experiment and have much better understanding Ok nothing wrong with that. And that is a whole point of our choices and actions ..foods and its compunds and actions are actually hormones....ingesting hormones can be very complex and hard to control and keep in check in the long run without running into troubles and is much harder to correct ...esspecially if you do not know what you are doing which is the case with the majority of people here .Sometimes exogenous hormones are needed really but they will always work short term without actually "correcting" anything.If someone like to experiment ok ..nothing wrong with that. Actually even Peat said thaT supplementing thyroid is not necessary for everyone. I think its necessary for minority.

I think many people will be better to start with things posted here by Tyw @tyw (and WestsidePUfA) and read ths Tyw. Said Something That Makes Alot Of Sense! and reading(and understanding) some posts by @gbolduev .And I am thinking that explanation that Peaty things are only for tonification and as a type of brake in childhood or with supplemental thyroid when everything function optimal and stress is low, is actually very very correct.

That is why for me it "worked" most of the time even when I was doing a period of 1.5 years of zero starch...but i actully developed issues with sleep(and i was actually stressing my selff with spiking of cortisol) with !arge quantities of milk and it was increasing my sebum and gave me sluggish serotonin like symptoms...my "negative posts " were mostly induced by reading other people's experiences here

And I in fact think that it is absolutely necessary really since I am actually feeling much better and "constant" when I eat a lot of starch with much lower protein intake with less calories. See explanation on bottom while people continue with this and are closed in this box even after experimental experience doesnt match with theory.
------------------------

I am learning from my body's signals and I will act according to them not convince and brainwash myself that this diet "Must work"...and run on a Placebo and Box inside of my heads.....People that talk like they are not experimenting and everything "works without problems" with "some supps" (while they cant cure their SIBO's and bad digestion and axiety from stresfull life LOL) are very dishonest imo but I do not understand why really...In my opinion good diet does not need "this" or "that" on a daily basis

Because this is RP forum some of his smart quotes....

"There is an inertia that makes it easy to over-value present knowledge. If we have enough energy (and enough time), we overcome the inertia. "

"No particular kind of knowledge will have such authority that it will automatically exclude certain possibilities in another field of knowledge."

"Sanity itself requires that we not confuse our wishes, assumptions, methods, and ideas with the world that we are trying to understand. If our method determines our conclusions we are closer to theology than to science, and that is how many "scientists" prefer it."

*** well you can ask yourself a question after this ...is Peat following this in his explanations and methods (many anecdotal personal observation and many studies he referenced for example)...NO.

Just One example is his experience with pregnenolone(it supposedly relieved his colitis, asthma and inflammed arteries) and even thyroid and other things in the diet such as experience with starch. You can ask a random person thAt suffers from serious inflammation of bowels , digestion or colitis what they think about starch or how they react to it.? Or someone in the sick poor state from childhood where only exogenous hormones will relieve symptoms and save life what they think about exogenous hormone supplementation.? So you need to consider those things...

And "ad hominem" is related to understanding him fully because...Many of his "conclusions " are actually based on his personal case, illness and situation and some cases from his nutritional counseling...someone will alsoo have sucess with that similar approach for relieving some issues but it doesnt explain everything and many people are dishnonest Nd do not want to confess that even when there was improvement it didnt last for very long...and simply are not reporting or lying

@Liubo log into another forum ray peat org for continued conversation if you want (my account there is Spiral)
@Diokine and @paymanz i didnt reply to your question. And everyone of us who is working on individuality can sometimes become "autistic" in some areas of life and some choices so I do not see it as bad just that it needs to be separated and considered when you try to present that as an absolute truth and apply that to others as a truth in that context of self experimentation and personal goals and strivings and add " ad hominem" when you want to see what is behind someones work and writtings.

Wow i read his IQ is 200 (from progesterone)... and you will juddge that??? You need someone smarter than you and you will judge that??? So you believe everything that he is writting just because you have a criteria to judge how smart he is or what? I will accept to be considered even as an idiot but it doesn't mean nothing for me.
I personally really do think that Peat is " smart" by reading some parts of his work that are not about Nutrition and chemistry. I think he was smarter 40 years ago and it seems that his metabolic diet lowered his IQ. And i am not interested in arguing who is "smarter" since that is a very relative thing and means nothing. It is bassicaly an obssesion or projection induced by the system and society. You can be well read and experience a lot of things but it doesnt neceassarilly mean that you are smart...too much unnecessary information and exlperiments doesn't mean that you are able to comperhend things in a simple way.....Everyone can do that with enough time and energy.. . I can mentally diarrrhea 3 books similar to Peats with a lot of Copy and Pastes in less than a month.

I can respect his work and parts not related to nutrition and how he tries to present complete image but as I said if you were for ex. To compare his work, articles and books presented to Public with scientist on whose work he based 95% of "his theories" many Russian scientists, Gilbert Ling, Albert Szent Gyorgyi , W.F Koch (esspecially Koch)i would say that his work can not be considered superior in any way or more scientiffic. Àctually when it comes to many explanations it is much less scientiffic in comparation to theirs works . I know that he decided to be more practical/artistic and undersandable for more people in his work as he explains and it is actually very good and needed but I think he went a little too far with this and some parts made his work dogmatic and theoretical in the context of some too big and too early assumptions
...He has developed that aRtistic ability to make a comple story and That is why his work looks very complete and impressive and true in theory for many people esspecialy for us that do not have so detailed biochemical picture in our minds . Like every beautifull art or painting it dissables you to think for yourself . But art is always misleading and ilusory. Read books on the subject about Ilussion and Art. And when you have enough energy to overcome that and start to look at some simple details and basics considered as a fact and try to find answers for some assumptions and statememts many questions arise. AND in a real world many things are not working so easy and are hard too keep in check for many people as he writes and even some main hypotheses of his work yet need too be proven on a much larger scale of HUMANS over the much longer period of time. That is a reason why I am prone to always rely on traditional REAL experimental holistic knowledge when fragmentized science fails..."

K.So it is good to first read everything that he wrote and try to understand basics because answers are usually in basics and small details. And it is always good to question things even the ones already considred 100% settled.

And some people are just Born more resilent because they are in a chain of past generation circles that were living better lives and have more food and better environment and are more Resilent and are not sick from Childhood . Its GENETICS still (or MEMORY) ..I read it affects " Intelligence". And no you can not increase it with "high progesterone" durring life or in just one pregnancy and it will not produce child prodigy. Not even close to that.
And i would advise other forum members not to believe in dishonest reports about supplements and that supplements will create good health. And also not to believe that you will "deplete" yourself of pufa(in 30 days) while avoiding it in the diet to 2 g and achieve regeneration and antiaging with Peating and drinking milk and oj .

This guy nailed it

The Earth Is Flat, Intellectuals Weep

Last edited:

Broken man

@nikolabeacon great comment. I like practical view of things, I dont have alot of knowledge about biochemistry so I am jus trying what can help me and thats reason why I am learning from Haidut. I think that he is more practical than Tyw or Gbolduev. Just my opinion. I am peating about 1 year, I improved my energy levels, sexual life, teeth but gained alot of belly fat and I found that I have digestive issues. About hormones, I am feeling great when I am taking pregnenolone, DHEA and androsterone and I know that you have true about that If I really want improve my metabolism, I must target root of my issues but I think that when I am hypothyroid, I have more problems because body is like circle. How you want find every issue? I know that when I was trying improve 1 thing, I found that I have next issue. The only thing what really helped me was combination of cypro and thyroid surrogate. I am very curious about your advice so please, what you would do when you have really bad health ( I think that I will get depression because of it), you must do work which you hate, you are under constantly pressure from your parents, food is like poison for your body? I cant help myself but I know that everything is easy when I support my body with some supplement. You can think that I am weak but I have no pleasure from my life so supplements are sometimes my only option and I can tell you that I am ready to kill for high energy , strong body. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mage

@nikolabeacon What do you think that is an optimal diet?

I'm more and more leaning towards a high carb, very low fat diet with moderate protein (0.6~0.8g/lb bodyweight) which is, basically, what @tyw and @Westside PUFAs also seem to agree with and promote.

Pritikin's work offer some very good evidence that this could be the best bet for your health. Denise Minger's "In defense of low fat" is very compelling too, and her view of "carbosis" seem very interesting.

Also, if you could elaborate on the calcium part, I'd be very grateful. I'm currently consuming a considerably high amount of skim milk (current Ca intake 2000~3000mg) and while I respectfully disagree with yours views on the Ca/Po ratio, I may be eating way too much Ca, even for my size.

Amber

Ok.I posted some impulsive comments and what now?.....i agree that when we disagree with something we should try do it without ad hominem and impulsive comments...but sometimes....

And communicTion (and forum) should be a flowing proces ...People that do not show their thought process are insane ... I think forum is a place where you present your thought process...lol but what does that even mean ....everyone here is posting their thoughts.....and those thoughts are currently "facts" for their current understanding in that particular thought process...But many people are dishonest and their "personas" are afraid to present their real changing and doubtfull thought process and confess when something is not right.. What do you expect ???... I decided that it was good to try to explain some of my realizations and post some things( purist Peaty) not because I am back at "hardcore Peating" but as apologize and contra action after that to show my opinion that things are not only black and white and can indeed work if you desperately want that. But i see now that I shouldnt .
I am ready to alter my opinions fast if there is some realization about even small missing piece that can change a whole theory. And even then thats just me.

nor there is a disscusion about important things..its boring..and i am not posting anythimg related to that since its not welcomed on this forum and it will quickly turn into a War even if "scientiffic studies" are posted. It is clear that majority of People that follow Peat diet end up loaded with Serotonin and start to develop Asperger type behaviour.

And its clear that even Peat can not live without Cyprophetadine and other anti S. Drugs and many other supps and hormones besides bathing with Progesterone and CO2 on a daily basis as in his mothers Womb while preachimg that supps are dangerous and poor quality. I see he is eatimg his Prometabolic diet but it needs "soms little support" from "some" supps and hormones . Maybe he didnt cured his colitis with daily carrots and Lidocaine, activated charcoal and avoidance of Starch. Just look how he is tremulous while speaking ...He is not achieved antiaging in a true sense at all his internal though process and voice and eyes tells everything. People on thyroid usually die from heart attacks .

If not they would welcome every critique even if it is not correct or agressive and they would actually explain( and interprete if they understamd everything very well) that here on forum in their language since forum is actually a place for that not a Line of Defense. Sorry forgot to post my Serotonin ," LoL"

And if you want and are able to you can extract something usefull from every comment or post even if it is agressive and with bad attitude...but it is just the thing that we are learned from childhood by our parents and the system and society and programed to neglect and repress everything that is unpolite,disrespectfull and consider it as "BAD".Everything must be smoothed out , happy, polite etc..

-----------------------
And actually what i wrote here and my other past posts I still think is true if you are in a state when cortisol is chronically elevated from stress or with sluggish liver and inflammed bowels..... milk(Ca) , fructose and caffeine will not work as simple as that in such state and it will make it worse (especially if you are taking large doses niacinamide+aspirin along with many other supps while eating SFA)....its a reason why people may gain weight , get fatty liver, have blood sugar diabetic symptoms, constipation and hair issues. Overfeeding Palm Oil Causes More Liver And Visceral Fat Accumulation Than Sunflower Oil

Palmitic Acid (palmitate) Is A Fatty Acid Oxidation Inhibitor More Powerful Than Mildronate

Where Is The Evidence That Saturated Fats ___ Pyruvate Dehydrogenase? its not an evidence.

Studies? Where Is Evidence PUFAs Are Preferentially Stored Not Burned? considring his large "pubmed " experience Peat response here is more than Funny and it doesn t answer the question of course Peat doesnt have an actual biological explanation for that. Truth is actually reverse but not with Mc Donalds pufa.

Also Peat "assumptions" about mechanisms of Pufa accumulation vs burning( and its toxic metabolites) doesn' t have any proof and is not correct according to very good actual explanation about that i the W.F.Koch work . Not all pufa's are same nor they are ingested in a same form and state. For ex. You can't compare animal derived arachidonic acid pufa with others or refined and rancid pufa with that in fresh natural form.

Koch is also right about all animal proteins in the Diet (and importance of fiber ). Their consumption should be very limited . And Peat himself and people on Peat diet ( including me ) need more protein because Peat diet is actually Terrible for the Liver and stomach acid health long term... it is because his diet of Ca and sugar will destroy your digestion and bottleneck the liver with all that fructose and lactose.(and you need T, Cooffe and extra protein to keep liver working which will have side effects of course such as still weak digestion, various forms of Sibo from Ca and protein, hair loss from impaired kidneys from ammonia overload) Thats why Peat need antibiotics, cRrots, mushrooms, charcoal, enemas, coffee, Mg supplements, lidocaine gel and progesterone and thyroid. :D

And also its not particularly wise at all also in this context about water and cells to connect stunning Ling's WORK to Peat's "work" whose "work" is like a kindergarten compared to Ling, Gyorgys and Kochs work.

..Fructose and caffeine in some people with noth enough active TH can improve situation short term but there is limit to their action since they are like a medicine and protection under stress but You are not correcting the problems with them at all...in fact you will accumulate other worse issues while medicating with tons of sugar and coffee of course others will use thyroid hormone but there is not much difference in that approach.

.And supplementing thyroid will not work long term either in everyone as can be seen here on forum....because thyroid will not neceassary improve liver and it needs other support..Nd even if it works i dont see too much reports for how long it worked or if things are always under control.. and when we are here about thyroid .
that notion that thyroid is like a " food" and that people in the past were eating that regularly (which is impossible since it was impossible to control the dose and was very dangerous to do so constantly) is not correct and is not needed .... hormones are actually last in the chain and in evolution of living things...they are a RESULT and SIGNALS from the complex environment and result of perceptions by our Brain, food(nutrients, minerals , vitamins etc...so making good dietary choices and life activities and environment should actually tottaly control hormones..not the other way round. You have a power to perceive things and take hormone but what gave you or induced that realization in the first place...??? Read something (and understand) from Koch and Gyorgyi to understand this part.

And guess why many people struggle with Peating even after taking thyroid and have immune reactions( problems with hair, intestines, frequent colds, skin inflammation etc.)? It is because when you try to lower cortisol by any means directly (be it loads of forced sucrose feeding or taking thyroid, antiserotonin drugs etc) without actual coherence with environment your sensitivity to cortisol and adrenaline will be skigh high and such state is very vulnerable for many thing because range of cortisol actions against stress are very different to that of thyroid and thats why its not all about "pushing thyroid up" . Exposure to cortisol long term is surely detrimental to health but correct way to lower cortisol is to eliminate the things in the LIFE and DIET which are exacerbating inflammation and remove the burden from the system not to imitate "healthy low cortisol state" when system is not ready for that and without actual "high metabolism environment".... cortisol's actions against certain already present ongoing inflammation are not the same as thyroid's or progesterone ("low stress state"). If it is, people here shouldn't have mentiones problems. It is clearly showing that it is vulnerable state to just lower cortisol by any means without ADEQUATE replacement and push thyroid up without adequate healthy support since you stopped current ADEQUATE defense mechanism against the current inflammation...and metabolism will fix in itself just by lowering cortisol by any means and it will not be "resilent" to many things in the life that can be opposed adequately only with cortisol..... Our duty is to realize that and correct in a proper way and its the only way we can make REAL change in the current stressfull system and environment......It is not "destroying a pathogen" approach but removing the burden from the system in a correct way in order to allow healing process to procede. This is the Truth.

If someone like to experiment and have much better understanding Ok nothing wrong with that. And that is a whole point of our choices and actions ..foods and its compunds and actions are actually hormones....ingesting hormones can be very complex and hard to control and keep in check in the long run without running into troubles and is much harder to correct ...esspecially if you do not know what you are doing which is the case with the majority of people here .Sometimes exogenous hormones are needed really but they will always work short term without actually "correcting" anything.If someone like to experiment ok ..nothing wrong with that. Actually even Peat said thaT supplementing thyroid is not necessary for everyone. I think its necessary for minority.

I think many people will be better to start with things posted here by Tyw @tyw (and WestsidePUfA) and read ths Tyw. Said Something That Makes Alot Of Sense! and reading(and understanding) some posts by @gbolduev .And I am thinking that explanation that Peaty things are only for tonification and as a type of brake in childhood or with supplemental thyroid when everything function optimal and stress is low, is actually very very correct.

That is why for me it "worked" most of the time even when I was doing a period of 1.5 years of zero starch...but i actully developed issues with sleep(and i was actually stressing my selff with spiking of cortisol) with !arge quantities of milk and it was increasing my sebum and gave me sluggish serotonin like symptoms...my "negative posts " were mostly induced by reading other people's experiences here

And I in fact think that it is absolutely necessary really since I am actually feeling much better and "constant" when I eat a lot of starch with much lower protein intake with less calories. See explanation on bottom while people continue with this and are closed in this box even after experimental experience doesnt match with theory.
------------------------

I am learning from my body's signals and I will act according to them not convince and brainwash myself that this diet "Must work"...and run on a Placebo and Box inside of my heads.....People that talk like they are not experimenting and everything "works without problems" with "some supps" (while they cant cure their SIBO's and bad digestion and axiety from stresfull life LOL) are very dishonest imo but I do not understand why really...In my opinion good diet does not need "this" or "that" on a daily basis

"There is an inertia that makes it easy to over-value present knowledge. If we have enough energy (and enough time), we overcome the inertia. "

"No particular kind of knowledge will have such authority that it will automatically exclude certain possibilities in another field of knowledge."

"Sanity itself requires that we not confuse our wishes, assumptions, methods, and ideas with the world that we are trying to understand. If our method determines our conclusions we are closer to theology than to science, and that is how many "scientists" prefer it."

*** well you can ask yourself a question after this ...is Peat following this in his explanations and methods (many anecdotal personal observation and many studies he referenced for example)...NO.

Just One example is his experience with pregnenolone(it supposedly relieved his colitis, asthma and inflammed arteries) and even thyroid and other things in the diet such as experience with starch. You can ask a random person thAt suffers from serious inflammation of bowels , digestion or colitis what they think about starch or how they react to it.? Or someone in the sick poor state from childhood where only exogenous hormones will relieve symptoms and save life what they think about exogenous hormone supplementation.? So you need to consider those things...

And "ad hominem" is related to understanding him fully because...Many of his "conclusions " are actually based on his personal case, illness and situation and some cases from his nutritional counseling...someone will alsoo have sucess with that similar approach for relieving some issues but it doesnt explain everything and many people are dishnonest Nd do not want to confess that even when there was improvement it didnt last for very long...and simply are not reporting or lying

@Liubo log into another forum ray peat org for continued conversation if you want (my account there is Spiral)
@Diokine and @paymanz i didnt reply to your question. And everyone of us who is working on individuality can sometimes become "autistic" in some areas of life and some choices so I do not see it as bad just that it needs to be separated and considered when you try to present that as an absolute truth and apply that to others as a truth in that context of self experimentation and personal goals and strivings and add " ad hominem" when you want to see what is behind someones work and writtings.

Wow i read his IQ is 200 (from progesterone)... and you will juddge that??? You need someone smarter than you and you will judge that??? So you believe everything that he is writting just because you have a criteria to judge how smart he is or what? I will accept to be considered even as an idiot but it doesn't mean nothing for me.
I personally really do think that Peat is " smart" by reading some parts of his work that are not about Nutrition and chemistry. I think he was smarter 40 years ago and it seems that his metabolic diet lowered his IQ. And i am not interested in arguing who is "smarter" since that is a very relative thing and means nothing. It is bassicaly an obssesion or projection induced by the system and society. You can be well read and experience a lot of things but it doesnt neceassarilly mean that you are smart...too much unnecessary information and exlperiments doesn't mean that you are able to comperhend things in a simple way.....Everyone can do that with enough time and energy.. . I can mentally diarrrhea 3 books similar to Peats with a lot of Copy and Pastes in less than a month.

I can respect his work and parts not related to nutrition and how he tries to present complete image but as I said if you were for ex. To compare his work, articles and books presented to Public with scientist on whose work he based 95% of "his theories" many Russian scientists, Gilbert Ling, Albert Szent Gyorgyi , W.F Koch (esspecially Koch)i would say that his work can not be considered superior in any way or more scientiffic. Àctually when it comes to many explanations it is much less scientiffic in comparation to theirs works . I know that he decided to be more practical/artistic and undersandable for more people in his work as he explains and it is actually very good and needed but I think he went a little too far with this and some parts made his work dogmatic and theoretical in the context of some too big and too early assumptions
...He has developed that aRtistic ability to make a comple story and That is why his work looks very complete and impressive and true in theory for many people esspecialy for us that do not have so detailed biochemical picture in our minds . Like every beautifull art or painting it dissables you to think for yourself . But art is always misleading and ilusory. Read books on the subject about Ilussion and Art. And when you have enough energy to overcome that and start to look at some simple details and basics considered as a fact and try to find answers for some assumptions and statememts many questions arise. AND in a real world many things are not working so easy and are hard too keep in check for many people as he writes and even some main hypotheses of his work yet need too be proven on a much larger scale of HUMANS over the much longer period of time. That is a reason why I am prone to always rely on traditional REAL experimental holistic knowledge when fragmentized science fails..."

K.So it is good to first read everything that he wrote and try to understand basics because answers are usually in basics and small details. And it is always good to question things even the ones already considred 100% settled.

And some people are just Born more resilent because they are in a chain of past generation circles that were living better lives and have more food and better environment and are more Resilent and are not sick from Childhood . Its GENETICS still (or MEMORY) ..I read it affects " Intelligence". And no you can not increase it with "high progesterone" durring life or in just one pregnancy and it will not produce child prodigy. Not even close to that.
And i would advise other forum members not to believe in dishonest reports about supplements and that supplements will create good health. And also not to believe that you will "deplete" yourself of pufa(in 30 days) while avoiding it in the diet to 2 g and achieve regeneration and antiaging with Peating and drinking milk and oj .

This guy nailed it

Spot on.

cyclops

So Peat doesn't know s*** then? I just want to know what I should be putting in my mouth when my belly is hungry in order to be healthy. Can someone tell me.

Last edited:

Mage

I'm afraid no one will tell you that, nutrition is a very complex subject with a lot of conflicting data and different points of view. Saying that Ray Peat doesn't know nothing is a very strong statement. You may or may not disagree or agree with him on certain things, and this is up to you to research and find out, but he is a true scientist and seems to be seeking knowledge, unlike many "health hackers" out there cof cof *Dave Asprey* cof...

cyclops

I'm afraid no one will tell you that, nutrition is a very complex subject with a lot of conflicting data and different points of view. Saying that Ray Peat doesn't know nothing is a very strong statement. You may or may not disagree or agree with him on certain things, and this is up to you to research and find out, but he is a true scientist and seems to be seeking knowledge, unlike many "health hackers" out there cof cof *Dave Asprey* cof...

Well according to NikolaBeacon, Peat is similar to an autistic kindergartener.

Last edited:

Mage

Well according to NikolaBeacon Peat is similar to an autistic kindergartener.

That doesn't make it true. Do you really think a lot of well read people would create a forum based on the studies of a single man if he didn't have a point?

I don't agree with everything Peat says, and most people here don't, even Haidut doesn't!

That's the same for @nikolabeacon , I don't agree with a lot of what he's stated, that doesn't mean I won't consider his view points totally unvalid or won't want to debate with him.

Djukami

I wonder what advice you would give to Joseph Cohen from Selfhacked.com
He has literally to survive on supplements and his diet has to be very, but very restrictive, like:

"It turns out that I’m sensitive to almost everything that people eat. This includes:

• Gluten,
  • All grains
  • All potatoes
  • All nuts
  • All dairy
  • All legumes (except tempeh)
  • Yeast (in all breads)
  • Some fish
  • Eggs
  • Squash
  • Carrots
  • Some fruits
  • Coffee
  • Caffeine
  • Various food additives
  • Mildly sensitive to seeds
When my health problems were at their peak, I lived on gluten, dairy, yeast, whole grains/plant based foods, eggs, fish, in addition to alcohol, caffeine and food additives. It’s no wonder why I had all of those problems."
And yes, I'm exactly like him + without independent money and still unemployed.
@nikolabeacon know that you have true about that If I really want improve my metabolism, I must target root of my issues but I think that when I am hypothyroid, I have more problems because body is like circle. How you want find every issue? I know that when I was trying improve 1 thing, I found that I have next issue. The only thing what really helped me was combination of cypro and thyroid surrogate. I am very curious about your advice so please, what you would do when you have really bad health ( I think that I will get depression because of it), you must do work which you hate, you are under constantly pressure from your parents, food is like poison for your body? I cant help myself but I know that everything is easy when I support my body with some supplement. You can think that I am weak but I have no pleasure from my life so supplements are sometimes my only option and I can tell you that I am ready to kill for high energy , strong body. Thank you.

I feel you... Life doesn't stop. Pressure, society, money, it sucks so much. It feels like you either "study" and understand your body (to no avail problably) or survive with somes cheats.
Nevertheless, you are braver than me. I still didn't have the courage to supplement myself like you are doing. My ignorance doesn't let me.

Broken man

I feel you... Life doesn't stop. Pressure, society, money, it sucks so much. It feels like you either "study" and understand your body (to no avail problably) or survive with somes cheats.
Nevertheless, you are braver than me. I still didn't have the courage to supplement myself like you are doing. My ignorance doesn't let me.
I think, this is more about mindset. I hate my body, so I am ready to do anything for success and I know that time is running, time is my biggest problem and enemy. I think that every second when I am here I could be with my friends or family.

The_xXx

-----------------------

------------------------

This guy nailed it

you re so totally right about peat . He has some good ideas but he only works on symptoms not the roots. What i didnt understand from first time why the ****** hell he recommends (pro)hormones, are he ****** retarded to recommend t3, dhea and all other ***t. Same for haidut. that are ****** hormones not candies to sibb like nothing . How about work on the root why the body dont produce the hormones . Every time i see some new member on this forum reporting that he is doing bad low energy and shi.t first posts are from ppl who recommanding him taking t3, progestorone, andresterone and all other shi.t. That wont help those ppl who are having problems. They just have for most time shi.t genetics and living in ***t environment causing there shi.t genetics. You have low t3 then try taking iodine and selenium not instantly taking hormones . Or just detox your ****** body because the ****** toxins are the root of all problems and pufas tends to bind those toxin to eleminate the toxic activity and store them as bodyfat. THATS THE ****** problem why the metabolism of pufas are so dangerous. You need to eat fibers and most foods with fibers have starch and if you only eat fiberless (starchless) foods like sugar you will overload the toxins and make huge burden for your liver. Because fibers also bind toxins just start think logicial why just believe everything what this old man says he cant even speak properly anymore his whole body is overloaded with toxins i think.
Not everybody is blessed with high metabolic rate. High metabolic rate means that you have less body fat. So you have less body fat then you can store less toxins . So this is a problem because today we are living in a highly toxic environment. If you have low bodyfat so you re expoxed to more circulating toxins most of the toxins are fat soluble and lipophile and start went up to your brain and stick there for your rest of your ****** life cause retardness alzheimer and other ***t.
Im not a native speaker so sorry for my english

Broken man

hell he recommends (pro)hormones
I think that I understand what you think but I cant do much without hormones like androsterone or pregnenolone. Why? Because when I dont take it, I will be weak and without energy. So when I come to home from my work, I will sleep rest of the day and my head or brain is really useless, just cant think. And about androsterone, I am using it like surrogate for thyroid with magnesium to push it more to the cells.

The_xXx

I think that I understand what you think but I cant do much without hormones like androsterone or pregnenolone. Why? Because when I dont take it, I will be weak and without energy. So when I come to home from my work, I will sleep rest of the day and my head or brain is really useless, just cant think. And about androsterone, I am using it like surrogate for thyroid with magnesium to push it more to the cells.
There we go thats the problem why i dont like raypeats approach . If you have low energy just take Hormones everything will solve. Yes thats true but in most cases those ppl just havent this genetics to be really high-performenced and eat 4k calories with out gaining weight if weight than only fat free mass. But in most cases they dont have bad genetics they just have to fix their problems to look for the missing puzzle fix it and then everything goes well from alone.
Yes that works for you to stay high performanced all day. Maybe your body isnt concepted not be like that . And also you will be dependet your whole ****** life for those hormones and supports those fukin piece of s.h.iats of doctors or even worse get them illegally i dont know who the judicial status for those drugs is.
For example i tried recently oil pulling . I red that it should be really helpful against bactaerias. I red also that a oil with high pufa content is best for this method. I red that its due the pufas arent saturated and can bind bacterias toxins etc. to their unsaturated backbone. So sounds logicial in first impressions for me but in hidden agenda that was this raypeat voice who is telling me that pufa is bad bro you know ? Take coconut oil better decision . I thought lets try the sunflower oil for oil pulling because it sounds logicial . And i tried it and wtf it immidately after 20 mins rised my temperature i get really ****** warmed like in former times . So whats the conclussion of this is that All that glitters is not gold. So raypeat is intelligent but not enough to cure all metabolic problems.

Djukami

I think, this is more about mindset. I hate my body, so I am ready to do anything for success and I know that time is running, time is my biggest problem and enemy. I think that every second when I am here I could be with my friends or family.
True... Well, but I think you're still stronger, because like most of people, I believe you had many unsuccessful results in the past, but you still keep going. In my case, I kinda got stuck a little bit, because I injured my health in a way that I don't know how to reverse it now. And every time I tried something, I felt like I would only make it worse or perhaps I would only see the cons. Right know, I feel so insecure (because the truth is I don't truly know anything at all. I am not a physician, biochemist, biologist, wtv) and stress so much, that feels like the results will be always negative and not positives. Unlucky sequence of events that led me to this "paralysis" state.
I'll probably have to get over it and try it again, though.

Broken man

y just have to fix their problems to look for the missing puzzle fix it and then everything goes well from alone.
I think that finding this piece of puzzle is the hardest thing about this and thats reason why I am trying peat diet because he thinks that when I increase my metabolism, body will take care of this.

Broken man

True... Well, but I think you're still stronger, because like most of people, I believe you had many unsuccessful results in the past, but you still keep going. In my case, I kinda got stuck a little bit, because I injured my health in a way that I don't know how to reverse it now. And every time I tried something, I felt like I would only make it worse or perhaps I would only see the cons. Right know, I feel so insecure (because the truth is I don't truly know anything at all. I am not a physician, biochemist, biologist, wtv) and stress so much, that feels like the results will be always negative and not positives. Unlucky sequence of events that led me to this "paralysis" state.
I'll probably have to get over it and try it again, though.
I think that you need some anti serotonin drug, you sound like learned helplessness.

Mito

People on thyroid usually die from heart attacks.
IMG_0731.GIF

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals