THE BEST Of TIMES, THE WORST Of TIMES

OP
T
Dearest narouz...I spent my whole Friday evening responding to you. Literally took me hours to write my response, had supporting links and what not. When I went to Preview my post to make sure the links were working (and naively clicked on them :banghead )I LOST THE WHOLE THING!!!

I screamed...shook my fists...begged/pleaded with my computer and finally cursed uncontrollably :cuss and went to bed.

I promise to try again, alas I am a computer moronica :oops:

OP
T
ecstatichamster said:
post 115439 Omg. S. Boulardii kills diarrhea cold. Nothing like it. Wash down with psyllium fiber and water. It's amazing. I take it every day. It helps my gut immeasurably

Agreed, s. boulardii is very helpful. I also have used the organic psyllium husk to absorb the excess water in me colon and found it quite helpful. However, in my eternal quest to fix the root of the problem I stopped these measures so I could more clearly assess what was actually CAUSING the issue. Then I read where several people (folks much smarter than me) said that psyllium is abrasive and ultimately damaging to the delicate intestinal lining.

https://www.gutsense.org/fibermenace/fm_chapter1.html

Last edited by a moderator:

narouz

thebigpeatowski said:
post 115490 Dearest narouz...I spent my whole Friday evening responding to you. Literally took me hours to write my response, had supporting links and what not. When I went to Preview my post to make sure the links were working (and naively clicked on them :banghead )I LOST THE WHOLE THING!!!

I screamed...shook my fists...begged/pleaded with my computer and finally cursed uncontrollably :cuss and went to bed.

I promise to try again, alas I am a computer moronica :oops:

It's the thought that counts, BP.
I do appreciate it!

While we're on the subject of board things that have driven me to distraction:
On a lot of sites there is a feature where
if you write a response
and then accidently click to leave before posting
you'll get a warning asking if you're sure you want to leave.

But here (not bitching! thank you Charlie for all the hard work!! :>))
what's happened to me a lot
(and after writing a LOT of stuff):
I'll hit the "Submit" button,
then click to go to another website...

...and all will be lost because, I found, what happens often is
another poster will have responded before you
and the forum software gives you a LITTLE, ALMOST UN-NOTICEABLE warning,
so I don't notice it and just go off on my merry web-surfing way.
All gone.

Oh well.
But really, thanks BP, and I hope you're able to mount another response sometime,
once you recover from the disappointment. :D

OP
T
narouz said:
While we're on the subject of board things that have driven me to distraction:
On a lot of sites there is a feature where
if you write a response
and then accidently click to leave before posting
you'll get a warning asking if you're sure you want to leave.

But here (not bitching! thank you Charlie for all the hard work!! :>))
what's happened to me a lot
(and after writing a LOT of stuff):
I'll hit the "Submit" button,
then click to go to another website...

...and all will be lost because, I found, what happens often is
another poster will have responded before you
and the forum software gives you a LITTLE, ALMOST UN-NOTICEABLE warning,
so I don't notice it and just go off on my merry web-surfing way.
All gone.

Oh well.
But really, thanks BP, and I hope you're able to mount another response sometime,
once you recover from the disappointment. :D

Me too, exactly. On occasion, I've resorted to copying and pasting my responses in an email to myself just in case I click on the wrong thing and lose it all. I was tired last night and apparently less than vigilant.

Well, I suppose we can blame our computer attention deficits on Candida, that wench gets the best of my brain sometimes.

We can start our own exclusive Club narouz...we'll call it Candida Fostered Attention Deficit, or CFAD for short.....after all it's just a FAD.

It's not much better than being a HOE (Hemp Oil Enthusiast) :lol: .....oh dear.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
OP
T
narouz said:
post 115369 So BP,
thank you for your great and thorough report!

Just a little point I don't think I've asked you about:
before and during and after your Nystatin treatment,
did you notice any changes in your tongue--the color, coating, etc?

I don't have oral thrush, per se....at least I don't think I do. I've heard that condition is quite painful and also white/blotchy looking with patches that bleed.
I haven't had that. However I have had a yucky coated tongue which is greatly ameliorated with the Raw Garlic protocol, so I think it is more bacterial in nature, less fungal.

narouz said:
I can't remember...have you had tinnitus?
If so, has it changed with the Nystatin?

Yes, terrible ringing in my ears, off and on over the years. Yes, both the Raw Garlic and Nystatin protocols each can make it go away.

narouz said:
You were taking the Nystatin powder, right?

Correct, powder mixed in water, has NO fillers/excipients.

narouz said:
So...I just started today, taking the Nystatin powder orally.
I think tomorrow I may attempt a Nystatin enema.
With the oral dosage,
I've had the same guideline, roughly: 1/4 teaspoon x 4 per day.
I've taken a couple doses--so far nothing really to report.
We'll see how it goes.

It's safe to go all the way up to 1 teaspoon 4 x a day....keep us posted!!!

Here is one doctor's dosing schedule:

http://www.doctormyhill.co.uk/wiki/Nyst ... to_take_it

You can read here http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/ho ... ounder.asp about Dr. Shaw, he is board certified in the fields of clinical chemistry and toxicology by the American Board of Clinical Chemistry. According to Dr. Shaw:
"Nystatin Nystatin is one of the oldest and safest antifungal drugs. Its safety is largely due to the fact that it’s not absorbed into the blood stream at the doses most commonly prescribed, but stays in the intestinal tract. Virtually 100% of nystatin is eliminated in the feces. Since nystatin does not enter the blood stream to any appreciable extent, it’s very safe and can’t cause any serious side effects. Nystatin is so safe that it is available in Germany without a prescription. By the way, nystatin was named after the New York (NY) research laboratory in which it was discovered in the 1940’s (NY=New York; stat = state; in). I know of no serious side effects that have ever been documented with the use of nystatin."

I happen to personally know that Nystatin can also be purchased over the counter in Mexico and Canada without a prescription.

Here is a link to Dr. Cranton's, MD protocol:

http://www.fungusfocus.com/html/triple_ ... rategy.htm

I have several other MD protocols saved on my computer, you can find them if you dig deep enough on Google, so I won't list them all.

I also spoke with one MD, who I won't name because I am NOT one of his patients and this protocol falls outside of the "normal" Standard of Care. He answered all of my questions regarding safety/efficacy/dosing/etc. and he did not charge me a thing. Very nice man.

narouz said:
Oh, I thought of another question: how did you arrive at the 3 month time frame?

I arrived at this time frame based on my research and talking with the one MD, he said give it a MINIMUM OF THREE MONTHS and that I would know if it was helping me or not by then but that I might need even more time for full recovery. I also watched a You Tube presentation where Dr. Shaw mentions he knows of some people who have been on Nystatin for 20 years!!!

narouz said:
Over the last half a year or so I have had a lot of improvements.
I won't rehash it here, but I believe I posted upthread somewhere
that about half a year ago I did a big shake-up in my diet and supplements.
Those changes allowed me to gradually up my thyroid supplement dosage
to where it should be (according to labs and signs) without getting the pretty intense heart palpitations, racing, skipping.
I had been, effectively, quite hypothyroid for like a year
because I couldn't dose up on my thyroid meds--or I'd get those heart phenomena.

Over time here in the last 6 months, through trial and error,
I pretty much pinned down--and this surprised me--that it was the several probiotics I was taking
(as part of a much more extensive regime of otherwise Peatish supplements)
which was the main ingredient preventing those heart problems.
And, I think it was mainly s. boulardii that was the key probiotic.

That alone was a great discovery, as it allowed me to get my thyroid levels up to where they should be.

I started sleeping better.
My burning butthole, loose/diarrhea-ish poops, pretty much cleared up.
My libido came back significantly.
My erectile semi-dysfunction went away.
My tongue's longstanding white coating abated and I consistently, if not always, now have a clean, pink tongue.

So...much better.
And--this may be reducing things too much, but--I think the key factor was s. boulardii.

This is FABULOUS narouz!!! I suspect you will like the Nystatin....please read what Dr. Shaw has to say about his research regarding metabolic disorders stemming from endotoxin/metabolites from our gut pathogens.

From Dr. Shaw:
"My research with fungal metabolites, oxalate production, cholesterol deficiency, and specific mitochondria markers has been very rewarding. All of these areas of research led to my understanding of the extent to which these abnormalities can affect the brain and body. The medical community had previously thought that these types of abnormalities were of little to no significance for most of the population. We are finding out that in some predisposed people, these abnormalities lead to behaviors such as the ones associated with Autism, OCD, Depression, and Alzheimer's. Furthermore, they contribute to complex immune reactions such as the ones found in Parkinson's disease, Cystic Fibrosis and autoimmune diseases. The ground work is being laid for some very promising treatments to take place."

narouz said:
Stepping back and considering that,
it just seems pretty overwhelmingly to point to a fungal problem...wouldn't you concur?
Boulardii, as you know, fights/displaces candida.

Here's one Japanese researcher's Ph. D dissertation, he even quotes Selye's work (FABULOUS STUFF):

http://nishihara-world.jp/dissertation/pdf/098.pdf

narouz said:
Also, in my researching, I came across an angle on my heart palps/racing/skipping.
The ileocecal valve can have troubles functioning properly.
Instead of being a one way valve, sometimes it sticks open and allows backflow.
When this happens, some health practioners call the disfunctioning valve
The Great Mimicker,
because it can cause such diverse and extensive symtoms--including heart palpitations and lower backache.
Also, I found some doctors believe that endotoxin can overload the liver
and then the liver can cause heart palpitations.
These are not mainstream medical ideas, I wouldn't say.
But they make sense to me,
providing a possible explanation for
how taking s. boulardii would stop my heart phenomena.
My notion is that I have a fungal infestation around that ileocecal area,
and that has weakened/screwed up the proper functioning of my ileocecal valve.

Yes, narouz, this is PRECISELY the conclusion that I came to (mentioned in some posts last Feb or March? I don't recall when)

narouz said:
Alas, even though I had those great improvements, my severe lower back/hip problems continue.
They came pretty much out of nowhere about a year and a half ago.
Feels very much an inflammatory thing, waxing and waning.
I can't stretch my way out of it at all.
When I wake up I hunch over to the right front--the area where the cecum is.
It kinda aches there.
I speculate my fungal nexus is there, and it's causing gut permeability in that area,
and that is the locus of my back pain.

Yep, me too. EXACTLY....intermittent very low back on the right hand side. No amount of chiropractic/massage/stretching cures it. It coincides with a "flare"'

narouz said:
Also, still have tinnitus.
And not-so-great energy level.
Sleep, while improved, is not wonderful.

Yes, yes yes....all the signs and symptoms of gut dysbiosis.

narouz said:
So...I feel like I was at a plateau with how far the s. boulardii alone could take me.
Thus my beginning the Nystatin.
Hope it helps!
I am thankful that you pioneered the way!!

You're quite welcome.

narouz said:
Oh, I never asked: you referred to your doctor helping you with dosing guidelines for the Nystatin.
Is this the same Russian doc you weren't getting on so well with many months ago?

The one with the assistant you were also disagreeing with?

Nah, I had to find docs that actually believe that gut dysbiosis is, indeed, a health issue....and a majorly serious one at that!!!

They are out there and there's actually quite a lot of them. Several have been reprimanded/ostracized for voicing their clinical findings, so they move underground or out of the U.S.

My personal opinion is that the metabolites from a candida infection can take your thyroid down (and cause numerous other health issues). So, getting the infection under control aids metabolism AND the immune system immeasurably.

To be continued...

OP
T
Oh, I meant to add this tidbit on ileo-cecal valves, some of it seems like utter bull****, but perhaps some is useful???

http://www.helladelicious.com/our-food/ ... cal-valve/

I do know for a fact that when I took magnesium supplements, even a tiny dose, it would trigger a "flare".....apparently it can make things too alkaline around me valve? What I experienced was not the normal loose stool/laxative effect from magnesium.

Coca cola, which technically should trigger a flare due to the sugar content, does NOT trigger a flare.....perhaps because it is sooo acidic and absorbed further up???

Mostly I think I had SIBO and the yeast was way up high in my small intestines, but I must have eradicated that when I did the Raw Garlic Shock & Awe 18 months ago. Now I think it is limited to my cecum and maybe it is actually under control...so far, so good.....keeping fingers crossed.

S. Boulardii is effective against spore bacteria c. Difficule which might account for the palps? Perhaps the spores migrate to the heart and liver. Maybe antibiotics trigger this.

OP
T
Hi ecstatichamster...I think mainstream medicine understands VERY little regarding the behavior and effect of enterobacteria on the human organism.

We are mostly microbes after all, seems like the random use/abuse/overuse of antibiotics is akin to playing Russian Roulette?

A quote from the Japanese researcher linked above:

"These dysfunctions of mitochondria occur as a result of
improper energy metabolism, chronic fatigue and
intracellular infection by enterobacteria or viruses.

Various kinds of environmental energies (e.g., heat and
cold, light and sound, atmospheric pressure, gravity and
moisture, including the bio-energy of emotion, religion,
spirituality, fear and loss of intimate life, thought and
ideology) influence directly or indirectly all mitochondria
in the 60 x 1012 cells comprising the human body. In addition,
energy-consuming activity of animals, namely movement
and behaviour, thought and emotion, are supported and
influenced reciprocally by mitochondria. By these
activities, mitochondria become lively or exhausted. Not
only energy t1uxes but also toxic substances, intracellular
parasitic microbes and malnutrition influence
mitochondria (Nishihara, 2004a)."

MIND YOUR MICROBES AND YOUR MITOCHONDRIA....

Giraffe

thebigpeatowski said:
post 115490 When I went to Preview my post to make sure the links were working (and naively clicked on them :banghead )I LOST THE WHOLE THING!!!

:lol: Have you tried the backwards button in the browser? (You will need to click 'preview' again.)

OP
T
Hi Giraffe! Yes, I had tried that several times, it was simply a blank box with nothing to preview. I had clicked on the link in the preview box I think, not the link where I was typing...lesson learned. :oops:

narouz

Giraffe said:
post 116478
thebigpeatowski said:
post 115490 When I went to Preview my post to make sure the links were working (and naively clicked on them :banghead )I LOST THE WHOLE THING!!!

:lol: Have you tried the backwards button in the browser? (You will need to click 'preview' again.)

I think you guy's have changed it some now...?
Seemed maybe different the last time I tried to post,
and the gray shield came up and said someone else had previously posted...?

I don't care so much about whether or not someone has posted.
Ideally I wish I would not be ABLE to (accidentally) leave the site with stuff typed but not sent.

narouz

Hey Big P,
Been meaning to get back to you.
Thanks for all the info/thoughts you posted above.
Actually I've been preoccupied with some of those links.
(And with trying to make the forum safe from Donald Trump :lol: )
The Dr. Shaw stuff was really good, I thought.
I've been reading that and exploring further some ideas he mentions.
I will get back to a better response in a bit.

I've decided to try changing my diet--back to a more low-carbish/primal thing,
for the purposes of seeing whether what I have is Candida.
I've been cutting out the huge (well, just Peatish) amount of fruit juice and sugar for the last several days.
Started the oral Nystatin about 5 days ago I guess.
Did one retention enema with it, ala "The Jorge Guy."

Doing the Nystatin but not stopping the Peat-level sugars
my tongue kept a slight coating.
Now, the last two days, off most all sugar and doing Nystatin--back to clean pink tongue.
Did feel rather crappy the first few days of Nystatin.
Then likewise these last couple of days starting to not eat sugars.

Thank you for all your thoughts and links!

OP
T
narouz said:
...Did feel rather crappy the first few days of Nystatin.
Then likewise these last couple of days starting to not eat sugars.

Thank you for all your thoughts and links!

The die-off made me feel crappy. I also felt crappy if I didn't eat enough calories.

I really have NO idea what your diet is like narouz, do you eat starch? If so, how does that affect digestion?

How is your upper digestion?

Are you making a good quantity of stomach acid?

How much protein are you getting?

What's your transit time?

Cutting OJ in half by diluting with sparkling mineral water can be helpful in assessing sugar tolerance.

How about body temps?

Sorry for so many questions... ;)

Giraffe

thebigpeatowski said:
post 116614 Hi Giraffe! Yes, I had tried that several times, it was simply a blank box with nothing to preview. I had clicked on the link in the preview box I think, not the link where I was typing...lesson learned. :oops:
For me it works. I click on a link in a preview, and I am taken to the website I had linked. Then I click the backwards button of the browser and I am back in raypeatforum. The preview has gone, but the text in the box is still there.

narouz said:
post 116619 Ideally I wish I would not be ABLE to (accidentally) leave the site with stuff typed but not sent.
I wouldn't want a pop-up, "Are you sure you wanted to click on that link?" I have taken the decision already.

narouz

Giraffe said:
I wouldn't want a pop-up, "Are you sure you wanted to click on that link?" I have taken the decision already.

Whatever you want, G.
Personally, I would prefer a function that says, as on Hotmail,
"You have not submitted post. Still want to leave? Post will be lost" etc....

OP
T
Here's something that I found interesting, I have not used this herb as I no longer feel a need to (kinda wished I had known about this several years ago tho):

http://www.k-state.edu/media/newsreleas ... 91213.html

Apparently it works by keeping the yeast in it's less virulent/easier to eradicate state (no bio-film/hyphal form).

At any rate, I thought you might be interested narouz ;)

On another note, I have been asking myself these questions for quite some time now: WHY....WHY WHY WHY?

Why can some people live harmoniously with yeast and yet in others it goes rogue? Some of my own personal observations:

STRESS
POOR NUTRITION
PHARMACEUTICAL ANTI-BIOTICS
LACK OF CERTAIN "USELESS VESTIGIAL ORGANS" SUCH AS TONSILS, ADENOIDS & APPENDIX

Obviously some of these are contributing factors to hypothyroidism...But how come a person's immune system can't take care of a microbial overgrowth on it's own even when all the above have been corrected to the absolute best of one's ability?

Which comes first, the Chicken or the Egg?

Yeast takes over in some that are hypothyroid (low body temp, hypochlorhydria, low nutrient absorption etc)...and yet, every single time that I have taken a non-pharmaceutical broad spectrum anti-microbial/anti-fungal I end up needing LESS thyroid medication. In my case it seems like it is the gut infection that suppresses the thyroid....just some thoughts I've been having.

I think the reason WHY low-carb diets are successful and popular (at least for a while) are due to the fact that they limit food for bad gut flora.

I think "food allergies" and certain food intolerance are caused by intestinal permeability due to gut infections, even when there are NO overt digestive symptoms...same goes for chronic inflammation, "autoimmune diseases" and many mental health disorders.

This is simply my random opinion.

cairncra

This is a good forum! So happy to hear you are improving, thebigpeatowski. In a world where so many are still lost, it's good to hear of someone seeing the exit light.

I'm just reading Mind Over Medicine, by Lissa Rankin. She is an MD who doesn't 'go with the flow'. I'm finding it an enlightening and hopeful read.

Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals