Log Three Update And Opinions Would Be Nice

jayUK9779

small background ,I have previously made a 80-90% recovery, got lazy returned to full on pufa and cardio exersise, and inadvertent starvation. I fell ill gradually almost like a snow ball effect and by the time I realised my body was about to give in it was too late. I ignored the signs like fatigue constipation weakness and just soldiered on and in the end my body had enough.

Anyways, I have made slight progress but nothing worth shouting from the hilltops. This time round, I have not done labs and never checked my temp and pulse last time and not doing so regularly this time. I have gone back to what got me well in the first place, reduction of pufa by avoiding as best I can, lots of coconut oil, coffee, liver, oysters, salt, sugar, gelatine,tropical and normal fruit. I can not tolerate dairy, eggs or OJ. reintroduction was explored extensively last time and I was able to have small amounts of dairy during my last recovery but right not I am not even contemplating that just yet.

From my last post I informed you that I have a hiatus (hiatal) hernia, this is new and developed during my collaspe into poor health. I believe this to be a critical factor in my progress. It plays up a lot and has affected my digestion, I think acid is essential for digestion and reducing the acid is making my body work harder I get lots of gas and pain even with meds I have reduced meal sizes alternated foods it just isnt happy. Just my opinion. I also belive my stomach being in an unnatural position is affecting my recovery as my body is not allowing or happy with it where it is. (again just some things I can gather personally.

Can anyone explain two processes to me or have ever came accross it, I can describe my last recovery as this.

My energy gradually increased, almost unnoticeable, my mind worked faster each day and my muscles were not aching as much. Eventually I felt a calm reserved state in my muscles. this continued for a few weeks. I also had a chroinic chest tightness, which spontaneously made a pop or contraction sensation and my airways felt clear the air was cold and soothing things felt healed and relxed. Around the same time another strange sensation occured in my head, it felt like a plug in the bath being unplugged and something became eased away...?? my mind was calm clear than it ever was. For the first time in my life I felt healthy. I will never forget this. I think my body was making cellular changes and repaired itself.

Right now I would say I am 25% well,
improvements : I dont feel like I am about to die which I did
Morning woods, jesus my erections are very hard and happen freqently but no sex drive??

Worse aspects: Insomnia
Aging I have aged about 25 years in the face in the space of 18 months I kid you not.
Muscle aching.
Stomach, not feeling great at all. I think this is the catalyst for me not recovering

which is not well at all. I have had rare bursts of energy but don't last long. I have a chronic tightness in the chest which was present before my hernia and opened up towards the final healing stages as discussed above it has not felt open since I fell ill this time.

Anyways went doc and explained to him, that a combination of factors has led to me developing a hiatus hernia. he asked me for a diet sheet and he hit the roof. Why should we operate if your living off coffee sugar saturated fat and salt! He said you need to reduce all these immediately. Just makes me laugh the medical establishment. Anyways I would peoples opinion on my opinion that your stomach needs to be settled and working naturally, I think this has caused the rapid aging in me and preventing me from improving quicker.

keith

Maybe more protein might help? Not sure how much osters and liver and gelatin you are eating, but at a glance it looks like maybe a little low in protein.. I understand you can't do the milk and eggs, but maybe add some lean meat and/or fish?

I'm not going to weigh in on in the starch or no starch controversy, but some find starches like potatoes and white rice, for example, to be very easily digested, which might help with stomach issues. Others find they cause stomach issues, so that will probably need to be something you work out on your own.

I dont generally have stomach issues, so take my opinion for what it is worth, but on the rare occasions, I generally focus on foods people eat when they are sick. Dry starchy foods come to mind, like saltines and pretzels. White rice works good for me, as do buttered pasta or toast. Certainly the wheat products aren't very Peaty, but if they can help improve your digestion in the short term, and get you back to a place where you can eat a healthier, wider variety without feeling I'll, then I say they are healthy for you, at least right now. In my experience, when your body is telling you something is or isn't working, you have to listen. I find that the healthier I get, the more I eat and the more I actually crave and enjoy the types of foods Ray Peat recommends (except liver; I don't like liver, and even though I can get down just about anything, I think I get a stress reaction from hating it that overpowers any benefits). So even though it may be a little counter-intuitive, you what is healthy for you right now, at this specific moment in time, might not be the same things that Ray Peat recommends in a general way, and might not be especially healthy foods for you once you have healed your stomach problems. Which is a long way of saying that there is lots of good advice on this forum and in Ray's articles, but pretty much all of the advice has to be taken in context. If something is making you feel I'll, don't push it.

There are certain things I take almost as law, like avoiding PUFAs, but for most other things I really just try to experiment and see what works, judging by how I feel, and temperature and pulse. Hope something in my ramblings was helpful.

OP
J

jayUK9779

Cheers for the reply Keith! Some useful things to consider! How are you doing on a peat diet and what symptoms are you trying to resolve? I made a previous recovery and just enjoyed life too much haha I have some regrets but had an amazing time! Rock climbing, employment, woman haha but I stopped eating enough and when i did eat it was all the stuff I couldn't tolerate. Before I knew it I was bedbound again and developed I hiatus hernia!! I am struggling with the hiatas hernia, many people are able to live with one, I just think it is destroying my recovery as my digestion is weak. However, surgery is not a guaranteed success so I will be praying when the op comes! Then hopefully will see improvements in digestion and energy levels and sleep think they are all interlinked.

keith

Cheers for the reply Keith! Some useful things to consider! How are you doing on a peat diet and what symptoms are you trying to resolve? I made a previous recovery and just enjoyed life too much haha I have some regrets but had an amazing time! Rock climbing, employment, woman haha but I stopped eating enough and when i did eat it was all the stuff I couldn't tolerate. Before I knew it I was bedbound again and developed I hiatus hernia!! I am struggling with the hiatas hernia, many people are able to live with one, I just think it is destroying my recovery as my digestion is weak. However, surgery is not a guaranteed success so I will be praying when the op comes! Then hopefully will see improvements in digestion and energy levels and sleep think they are all interlinked.

My pleasure; I have a laundry list of issues, but all basically boil down to metabolism, I think. At the moment, I think the main things I'm focused on are trying to lose weight, increase energy, improve sleep, and lower my blood pressure. All are interrelated, I believe.

Overall I feel better on a Peatish diet than I have felt in years, but I certainly haven't perfected anything, and have lots to learn and improve, but I think I'm going in the right direction.

Good luck with your surgery!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom