Omen Log

O

Omen

Wanted to start my own log as a form of accountability and to diary progress.

I'm battling POTS, an infection my body is unable to remove and intestines in severely bad shape.

I'm currently doing a modified carnivore diet as this is the only thing that finally stopped me from declining. My diet consists of 50% fatty red meat and 50% lean red meat, refined coconut oil, salt and water. I do get away with one black coffee in the morning - tried cutting it out but just felt worse off. If I try to drink another cup or make it extra strong it just completely kills my gut and causes reflux.

For the past couple of years there have been times when I have been doing exceptionally well, but I got impatient and messed my gut up by messing with oral supplements and orange juice (always been highly allergic to this, was stupid to try it again). Going forward I will be avoiding all foods that from my experience have only been a negative and most likely zero supplements - I did order some Cistus Incanus tea to trial but not sure how it will go right now, I read of a POTS recovery story using it which makes a lot of sense as this stuff is supposed to be highly antimicrobial.

Despite exercise intolerance being a symptom of POTS it does me good so my current routine is sprints 2x a week and calisthenics 3x a week with some dumbbell exercises - decided to not rely on a gym after all the lockdowns. Also I do cold showers twice a day and WHM breathing exercises twice a day. These last two paired with my workouts has me feeling pretty good and despite only eating ~1,600 calories or so I'm already putting on some decent muscle. I need carbs to ultimately improve POTS so I'm hoping this routine will help improve my metabolism and allow me to reintroduce some other foods. Not sure if I should start slow with dairy in the form of goat kefir or raw goat milk or I should reintroduce some fiber like well-cooked zucchini. Extremely intolerant of dairy at the moment.

OP
O

Omen

I felt something was off but it didn't become really obvious until after lunch today but the Wim Hof Method is actually messing with my gut strangely, was still getting reflux and feeling like my gut had slowed. I was only on my third day today of restarting it so going to discontinue it. I wonder by what mechanism it is causing this?

I always preferred bag breathing - I got better results from it but I feel in my current predicament and with my carnivore/keto diet it wouldn't be beneficial at the moment. Curious on people's thoughts on that? In my experience it's usually been beneficial when I'm consuming carbs (usually potatoes) and milk but that obviously is out of the equation for now.

OP
O

Omen

Cutting out cold showers and sprints as well. The cold showers are also messing with my gut and what I thought was energy just seems to be a stress response - the bloating and discomfort was just becoming more and more obvious. Going to stick to calisthenics and walking for exercise.

Also the black coffee I have in the morning is going. This will be very hard at first but ultimately I think I will be better off for it. I will miss the productivity boost but that's about it, I don't really enjoy my coffee black and I do get a minor stress response from it. I have GERD/LPR and not sure if it is helping...

Just strict beef, coconut oil, salt and water for a while.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom