Worse first from thyroid hormones?

mistelaj

I wrote about my problems in another thread...but now I only wonder: Did you feel worse when you started thyroid hormones (T3, T4, NDT etc) before you felt better? Pain, fatigue, inflammation etc. I wonder because I do feel worse everytime I start taking the hormones and if I knew that some other people did feel the same and then started to feel better it would be easier for me to continue using it and waiting for better days :)

OP
M

mistelaj

I read this on stopthethyroidmadness.com, maybe it explains my reactions..

STAYING ON A STARTING DOSE TOO LONG (same as #1 above). The key to understanding this mistake is with the word “starting dose”, which for many, is one grain. Starting doses help your body adjust to the direct T3. But if a necessary starting dose is held too long (from two weeks to several weeks) there’s a normal suppression of the feedback loop between the hypothalamus, pituitary and thyroid gland, i.e less messenger hormones are released, making you even more hypothyroid than you began (plus you may experience the results of extra adrenaline).

Daimyo

It might be related to the product you are using. Some people tend to feel better on one product, and other feel better on other. For example some of my customers have a headache when they take Thyroid-S, but they feel very good when they take Thiroyd. Maybe it's the product (fillers) that makes you feel bad and not the hormones in it.

OP
M

mistelaj

I am really sensitive to fillers, but have tried kinds with fillers I know I tolerate, so I don't think it's the problem. Have not tried the two you mention, because of the fillers.. I have tried two kind of T4-pills and T3 only. And Nutrimeds bovine.

supercoolguy

I just did a week of Nutri-Meds bovine. Its a 2grain capsule. Was plenty strong for me. Think i started off too strong? Taking a little break and re-starting @ 1/4 grain.
Not a high thermometer temp but I felt toasted warm & flush. Hands were real warm according to me old gal pal.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals