Why You Need Calcium And Fat (Butyrate) To Be Fit And Healthy

EIRE24

Eating full fat yoghurt, eggs, tons of goat cheese everyday and im very lean.
Currently also on sulforaphane (hdac inhibitor) which it has in common with (sodium) butyrate which is also a hdac inhibitor, great effect on mood so far.
Look it up on other forums, hdac inhibitors work through fear extinction a completely different mechanism than ssri's/stims which tend to change personality, seems hdac inhibitors do not, in fact it seems it allows me to be the best version of myself.
Planning on buying some sodium butyrate next and hopefully it will have nice synergy with Miyarisan (Clostridium Butyricum - a butyrate producing probiotic).
edit: forgot to add resistant starch apparantly also has its uses for butyrate production.
Have you eaten resistant starch and noticed good affects from it?

Quality

Have you eaten resistant starch and noticed good affects from it?
Have never used it as a supplement, probably gotten some in through daily foods, apparantly its in bananapeels n such, considering bananas give me huge constipation, id rather skip that for now.

J

James IV

Wow. You guys are still arguing about this? It's strange to see so many intelligent people still insisting fat makes you fat, or carbs make you fat.
Continuously eating beyond your cells ability to use energy will make you fat. That's it. Caloric density, food quality, environment, light, etc, will all effect that ability.
Your macronutritional needs are not static unless your environment is.
Come on guys. It is possible for you to be healthy and lean AND eat a variety of macronutrient profiles everyday. Forcing yourself to eat a certain macro profile because you read it's healthy, is a sure fire way to never achieve health.
Food is fun, it's not math homework.

Quality

Wow. You guys are still arguing about this? It's strange to see so many intelligent people still insisting fat makes you fat, or carbs make you fat.
Continuously eating beyond your cells ability to use energy will make you fat. That's it. Caloric density, food quality, environment, light, etc, will all effect that ability.
Come on guys. It is possible for you to be healthy and lean AND eat a variety of macronutrient profiles everyday. Forcing yourself to eat a certain macro profile because you read it's healthy, is a sure fire way to never achieve health.
More like general discussion than argueing.

L

lollipop

Interesting @James IV, just saw this research in mice come out that sort of supports what you are describing about enjoyment and food.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161215152136.htm

OP
A

amethyst

Thanks. I agree.

DaveFoster

This list is dumb, other than ice cream and an extensive wikipedia list of cheeses, the rest are PUFA.
Absolutely; I was thinking the same thing.

DaveFoster

i did a 6 month experiment in 2014 where i ate loads of chocolate (no soy lecithin) full fat milk and coconut oil ontop of a quite strict diet.. and lets just say im not going back to that ever.
Depression?

DaveFoster

Prisoners eat a poor diet but are still fit due to movement.
You're using prisoners as an example? High-testosterone individuals would be fit regardless of exercise, and no matter how much I lift, I'll never look like Kali Muscle.

People are fat because they overeat and are sedentary. It really is that simple. I really doubt soybean oil even matters as much as people try to pretend. Ok, it causes cancer, but it isn't why 20 year olds are obese.
Lol.

Last edited:

Stryker

Depression?
You could call it that , in comparison to how I feel mentally now .

Im not saying high fat directly induced a depressive state of mind however I was slugglush , drained of energy and libido carried the most water weight I ever had ( had like a skinny fat dad bod physique compared to currently being cut dry and vascular ) my nipples looked like they could've been milked and I didn't feel very masculine , driven or assertive at all .

And just to clarify I'm not saying what works for me works for all , absolutely you can achieve a good state of health and look great eating a higher percentage of fat.
In my experience low fat high carb , low gluten ,low iron , 2:1 Calcium to Phosphate and balancing high Potassium foods with sucrose is pretty much my recipe for bliss @raypeatclips

Stryker

An argument can be defined as an opinion that is supported with evidence. Debates are based upon arguments. A formal debate usually takes place in a formal setting with a team representing each side of the argument. Specific guidelines are followed, andthe debate is usually judged.

Is that not why we are here?

I'll say it again, I disagree. And you disagree with me. Great. There's no need to say "wow" or "it's strange" or "you're still arguing about this." You can state your opinion without those comments. All you have to say is "I disagree and here's why." This whole finger-wagging "because I said so" thing makes me want to say "wow, it's strange" right back.

You're using prisoners as an example? High-testosterone individuals would be fit regardless of exercise, and no matter how much I lift, I'll never look like Kali Muscle.

Not every prisioner is on the juice. Kali is clearly on the juice and he's also not in jail.

DaveFoster

I'll say it again, I disagree. And you disagree with me. Great. There's no need to say "wow" or "it's strange" or "you're still arguing about this." You can state your opinion without those comments. All you have to say is "I disagree and here's why." This whole finger-wagging "because I said so" thing makes me want to say "wow, it's strange" right back.

Not every prisioner is on the juice. Kali is clearly on the juice and he's also not in jail.

Not necessarily AAS, just naturally high T.

More like general discussion than argueing.

Thank you.

Absolutely; I was thinking the same thing.

But there are plenty of Peat quotes on the fattening effect of saturated dairy fat that are just talking about the dairy fat, not pufa. This is what many of you won't concede. Also, I was saying that those foods are how obese people swallow dairy fat. You have to be specific about how people are eating it and as I've said it's not just about pufa.

Quality

Butyrate also has powerfull effects on the brain including bonding (oxytocin), it is a HDAC inhibitor!
HDAC inhibitors have fear extinguishing effects, Ive been on Broccomax(sulforaphane - another HDAC inhibitor) for about 3-4 weeks and my social functioning has gone from a 5 to a 8 on a scale of 1-10 I'd say.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?artic...tle/Epigenetics-Play-Cupid-for-Prairie-Voles/

even the prairie voles placed together for only short periods formed pair bonds, even though they did not mate. “TSA is playing the role of mating,” Kabbaj said. A less specific HDAC inhibitor, sodium butyrate, had similar effects.

Whole Health Source: Butyric Acid: an Ancient Controller of Metabolism, Inflammation and Stress Resistance?
look at the graph of bodyweight

List of food thats very high in butyrate:
1 Roast beef spread 4:00: 6399mg
2 Butter oil, anhydrous 4:00: 3226mg
3 Butter, salted 4:00: 3226mg
8 Cheese, goat, hard type 4:00: 1784mg
9 Cheese, parmesan, grated 4:00: 1510mg
11 Cheese, goat, semisoft type 4:00: 1496mg
13 Cheese, romano 4:00: 1355mg
15 Cream, fluid, heavy whipping 4:00: 1200mg

You peeps guessed it, cheese n butter are very high.
Full fat yoghurt is also a very good source I can remember reading somewhere.

The butyrate-fed mice remained lean and avoided metabolic problems. Butyrate increased their energy expenditure by increasing body heat production and modestly increasing physical activity. It also massively increased the function of their mitochondria, the tiny power plants of the cell.

Planning on taking sodium butyrate (as a supplement) & Clostridium Butyricum * Miyarisan (butyrate producing probiotic) in the future.

OP
A

amethyst

Butyrate also has powerfull effects on the brain including bonding (oxytocin), it is a HDAC inhibitor!
HDAC inhibitors have fear extinguishing effects, Ive been on Broccomax(sulforaphane - another HDAC inhibitor) for about 3-4 weeks and my social functioning has gone from a 5 to a 8 on a scale of 1-10 I'd say.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?artic...tle/Epigenetics-Play-Cupid-for-Prairie-Voles/

even the prairie voles placed together for only short periods formed pair bonds, even though they did not mate. “TSA is playing the role of mating,” Kabbaj said. A less specific HDAC inhibitor, sodium butyrate, had similar effects.

Whole Health Source: Butyric Acid: an Ancient Controller of Metabolism, Inflammation and Stress Resistance?
look at the graph of bodyweight

List of food thats very high in butyrate:
1 Roast beef spread 4:00: 6399mg
2 Butter oil, anhydrous 4:00: 3226mg
3 Butter, salted 4:00: 3226mg
8 Cheese, goat, hard type 4:00: 1784mg
9 Cheese, parmesan, grated 4:00: 1510mg
11 Cheese, goat, semisoft type 4:00: 1496mg
13 Cheese, romano 4:00: 1355mg
15 Cream, fluid, heavy whipping 4:00: 1200mg

You peeps guessed it, cheese n butter are very high.
Full fat yoghurt is also a very good source I can remember reading somewhere.

The butyrate-fed mice remained lean and avoided metabolic problems. Butyrate increased their energy expenditure by increasing body heat production and modestly increasing physical activity. It also massively increased the function of their mitochondria, the tiny power plants of the cell.

Planning on taking sodium butyrate (as a supplement) & Clostridium Butyricum * Miyarisan (butyrate producing probiotic) in the future.
Excellent post. Yeah, it's about the Butyrate. Which seems to have been overlooked as to WHY I posted this thread in the first place. And WHY saturated fat, in moderation, is very very good fo yo.You are not going to get butyrate if you eat no saturated fat. Sorry, not gonna happen. It's a good thing. It's why cows (and other animals) were placed on the earth, among other things. They produce good stuff that is good for us.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals