Why Do My Sinuses Feel BETTER When Wearing A Mask?

Connor888

So I've had chronic sinusitis for a long time. What I've noticed, especially if my nose/sinuses are already more inflamed than usual, is my breathing becomes easier and I feel the inflammation going down a little bit when I have my mask on. What is going on here does anyone know?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Maybe cause higher CO2. I would look into Buteyko so you can experience this all the time, if that is the reason its happening.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Maybe cause higher CO2. I would look into Buteyko so you can experience this all the time, if that is the reason its happening.

Would this help even if I have a deviated septum? Will have a look now thank you

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Maljam

Probably co2 like Charlie said, or maybe there is an irritant on the outside you arent breathing in which is causing your issues.

LA

I dont have this exact problem as I usually eat organic raw garlic with beef if I notice my sinuses getting stuffed. However, I started wearing masks inside closed air recyled buildings after I had the Swine Flu back in 2009. I think doing so is one of the reasons I have never had a sick day after my husband and I both caught the swine flu after he went down the street to fix a computer and no one had the courtesy to tell him that the husband was very sick and had the Swine Flu and the wife was probably sick too. He has not spoken to them since.
Have you tried gargling with salt water and changing your diet too? Keep a journal to find out what helps you the most.

tara

+1.
Some people have been wearing masks of various kinds before this pandemic to help improve CO2 levels.
Would this help even if I have a deviated septum?
If you are ever able to breathe through your nose, it may be worth training yourself to do so all the time (if you don't already).

gaze

what type of mask, if its an n95, maybe its filtering some type of allergen?

Maljam

I dont have this exact problem as I usually eat organic raw garlic with beef if I notice my sinuses getting stuffed. However, I started wearing masks inside closed air recyled buildings after I had the Swine Flu back in 2009. I think doing so is one of the reasons I have never had a sick day after my husband and I both caught the swine flu after he went down the street to fix a computer and no one had the courtesy to tell him that the husband was very sick and had the Swine Flu and the wife was probably sick too. He has not spoken to them since.
Have you tried gargling with salt water and changing your diet too? Keep a journal to find out what helps you the most.

You wear masks in closed air buildings since 2009? Have you ever had anyone question you or say anything?

boris

Masks don't protect you from a viral infection. This was discussed here at great length. There was probably a different reason for you not getting sick ;)

LA

Masks don't protect you from a viral infection. This was discussed here at great length. There was probably a different reason for you not getting sick ;)

While 120 countries in the world, including much of Europe, have ordered citizens to wear masks in public places to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Dutch are doing things differently.
The land with no face masks: Holland's top scientists say there's no solid evidence coverings work | Daily Mail Online | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:

LA

I read your response. Due to haste I posted to the thread rather than to your reply to me. sorry
True, many do not believe in wearing masks. Many have different, sometimes fanatic, opinions on masks. I wear masks in crowded areas such as banks, waiting rooms, shopping, etc. Many places now require a mask and it is a simple thing to do. Others love to make a scene and get into fights.
The following are quotes from this article:
The land with no face masks: Holland's top scientists say there's no solid evidence coverings work | Daily Mail Online | Daily Mail Online

- Hoebe, head of infectious disease control in Zuid-Limburg, the region hit hardest when the pandemic struck Holland, pointed to a Norwegian study showing 200,000 people must wear surgical masks for one week to stop a single Covid-19 case.

- Holland's position is based on assessments by the Outbreak Management Team, a group of experts advising the government. It first ruled against masks in May and has re-evaluated the evidence several times, including again last week.

- It believes they detract from a clear three-pronged message that has kept deaths from coronavirus down to less than half the rate in Britain: wash hands regularly, maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres and stay at home if suffering any symptoms.

- 'The one exception outside of the medical frontline has been on public transport, where masks are mandatory on the basis it is difficult to stay apart on crowded buses, ferries and trains. 'We have seen this approach works,' said Christian Hoebe, a professor of infectious diseases in Maastricht and member of the advisory team. 'Face masks should not be seen as a magic bullet that halts the spread.'

Maljam

It is likely due to genes and some kind of immunity acquired due to having had the Swine Flu back in 2009. Also, we have been distilling our water since the end of 2009 too and we avoid eating in restaurants, etc

So you begun wearing a mask after 2009, prior to 2009 you didn't wear a mask and I assume you got sick at a normal rate, including thr swine flu? But you think something in your genes switched exactly in 2009 to make you more resistant to illness?

Also, why do you continue to wear the mask if you think it is genes rather than the mask doing anything?

LA

So you begun wearing a mask after 2009, prior to 2009 you didn't wear a mask and I assume you got sick at a normal rate, including thr swine flu? But you think something in your genes switched exactly in 2009 to make you more resistant to illness?
Also, why do you continue to wear the mask if you think it is genes rather than the mask doing anything?

I dont remember whether or not I wore a mask to doctors offices, etc, before 2009 although when I was using art and photographic chemicals I wore different masks. After I caught the swine flu I wore masks in public places.

You stated "I assume you got sick at a normal rate"
So - - Exactly what is your definition of a normal rate?

I dont want germs from others, I donot want to be in closed air systems since I took early retirement due to working in a sick-building where the filters were not changed often enough. I am still alive, 3 others have died who waited for full retirement and the head of the bureau now has Parkinson's after he retired.
I donot care whether or not someone else does or does not wear a mask. During this time I am standing back from people whether or not they wear a mask.
Learning that some jerk slugged someone who asked them to wear a mask is the ultimate stupid. Have you ever heard or seen someone rejecting money given to them by a person *NOT* wearing a mask?
Pull out money, wave it around, walk in without wearing a mask. Bingo you are in. The old-timers used to say: *Money talks, BS walks*

Maljam

I dont remember whether or not I wore a mask to doctors offices, etc, before 2009 although when I was using art and photographic chemicals I wore different masks. After I caught the swine flu I wore masks in public places.

You stated "I assume you got sick at a normal rate"
So - - Exactly what is your definition of a normal rate?

I dont want germs from others, I donot want to be in closed air systems since I took early retirement due to working in a sick-building where the filters were not changed often enough. I am still alive, 3 others have died who waited for full retirement and the head of the bureau now has Parkinson's after he retired.
I donot care whether or not someone else does or does not wear a mask. During this time I am standing back from people whether or not they wear a mask.
Learning that some jerk slugged someone who asked them to wear a mask is the ultimate stupid. Have you ever heard or seen someone rejecting money given to them by a person *NOT* wearing a mask?
Pull out money, wave it around, walk in without wearing a mask. Bingo you are in. The old-timers used to say: *Money talks, BS walks*

I found it interesting you mentioned you didn't get sick again after starting to wear a mask and was simply trying to learn more about it. I'm not anti-mask.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals