Why do I love baked goods?

Comstock

I've been Peating for almost 10 years now, and I've consistently had baked goods during this time. I love buttery pastries and cookies. Right now, I've been eating lots of buttery chocolate chip cookies, scones, and croissants. Probably the longest I've gone without baked goods has been a couple months.

Why do I always go back to this? I think it might be the butter, but I can't seem to enjoy butter on its own, or even melted on something like rice or potatoes or shrimp, etc. Is it the baking process? Could I actually be craving the flour? I know it has opiates, but I don't think I have physiological addiction or withdrawal symptoms. It's not a big issue, I'm not struggling with weight or having any other negative symptoms as far as I can tell, but it feels strange to eat so much wheat given all the potential issues (starch, gluten, anti nutrients, phosphorus, etc). I guess it has been a staple in late modernity, like in France, or pre seed oil America.

Korven

I also love baked goods, pastries and croissants. It's something about the fluffy, decadent texture of wheat and butter. Meat pies are also one of my fave since it has a similar pastry dough crust.

I have a gluten sensitivity so I only eat them maybe 1-2x per year. But if you notice no issues I would eat as many as possible!

rooz7939

I've been Peating for almost 10 years now, and I've consistently had baked goods during this time. I love buttery pastries and cookies. Right now, I've been eating lots of buttery chocolate chip cookies, scones, and croissants. Probably the longest I've gone without baked goods has been a couple months.

Why do I always go back to this? I think it might be the butter, but I can't seem to enjoy butter on its own, or even melted on something like rice or potatoes or shrimp, etc. Is it the baking process? Could I actually be craving the flour? I know it has opiates, but I don't think I have physiological addiction or withdrawal symptoms. It's not a big issue, I'm not struggling with weight or having any other negative symptoms as far as I can tell, but it feels strange to eat so much wheat given all the potential issues (starch, gluten, anti nutrients, phosphorus, etc). I guess it has been a staple in late modernity, like in France, or pre seed oil America.
One thing I crave a lot is bread and butter - which I used to eat quite a bit before I went starch free (from before I started Peating). My theory is that it's probably the fact that it's calorie dense; I've also noticed that most toddlers seem to also like bread and butter. I think the same thing applies to pastries, they are calorie dense and when we don't take in enough calories then we crave them?

catan

I have lately been noticing this myself, craving baked sweet goods. I have been baking awhile for my family but it's not until recently where I noticed the craving. In the past I didn't have much desire to eat them but nowadays I do. Also think it's because they are calorie dense which is what body wants under stress. I only eat what I make though so hoping that is better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals