Can Someone Explain What I Should Be Doing Differently?

R.J

Hey, thanks for reading.

I'm just looking for some help as to what I should be doing differently eating raypeat style. I've bolded the most pertinent info for a quick idea.

As per his quick therapy diet, I've been drinking 2L milk and 2L orange juice, and then I've been adding about 3 eggs (coconut oil) + potatoes (olive oil) + some green peppers, onions, and tomatoes for taste and nutrients. I've been aiming for about 2500 calories. This has been my diet (more or less) for the past 2.5 weeks.

Unknowingly, I've been eating a restricted calorie diet for over a year via primal (probably about 2200 or so average), Joel Furhman (very very low, never counted but it can't be over 1000 --- yes yes I know in hindsight it's crazy, but the cognitive benefits from eating no additives or refined sugar was tremendous), and the Warrior Diet (fast during day, feast at night, ate as much as I could and tried to keep increasing calories to the point of daily discomfort trying to eat so many calories for fear of not getting enough). I've gone back and forth among these 3 as my goals change over the past year or 1.5 years.

Reduced metabolism? Yes. Felt cold all the time, dry skin, cranky, possessive over food, etc (it was a study on Billy Craig's website done wayyy back where they described the symptoms of low calorie diets that it clicked, read just the other day).

Now, after eating higher calories (and narrowing it raypeat style in the last little bit), I've felt warmer, gotten fatter, built muscle (strength has increased quite noticeably during workouts), mosquitoes like me more than they ever have, and as of the last few days I've been cranky and snappy.

Building muscle is good. Feeling warmer is good.

I've put on over 20 pounds. I don't mind the fat gain, but I used to be in the 155 to 165 range, just now I was close to 190. That's a little too aggressive. Fat gain aside, the last 3 days I've been snappy, constant brain fog, slower reflexes, just a little off. Nothing major, just my consciousness hasn't been clear, as if I've having trouble digesting stuff or my energy has been diverted away from mental clarity.

I'm thinking it's a combination of milk digestion difficulties and endotoxins, so as of today I'm paying close attention to my vitamin A, D, E, B, and K levels (A and D are in the milk, just bought some vitamin E tablets, will buy some vitamin B as well as I've read it helps in sugar metabolization, and some leafy greens ((spinach and kale)) for my vitamin K levels).

All in all, how can I alter things so I experience an abundance of energy, mental clarity, and either halt the unnecessary weight gain or ideally begin to lose fat (it's mostly around my midsection, if that means anything).

I don't need an instant fix for my metabolism and health, but I should feel like I'm moving in the right direction. Perhaps a little progress day by day. I feel like I'm regressing in some ways and don't know how to get on the right path.

Thanks,

R.j