Why do I get cold after eating recently?

ironfist

I have a very high metabolism. Generally, if I avoid eating for a day or two, I get very cold.

When I eat, I get hot.

When I eat a heap of food, I get rather hot.

I often wear t-shirts outside in the winter.

Recently (last few years), whenever I eat a big meal, I get cold.

I read somewhere this is due to cortisol and stress? I am incredibly stressed over the lat few years. Discovering I have a narcissist mom and managing a lot of turmoil. Discovering that every problem you have is a result of your mom is hard. Trying to fix it once the blinders are off is difficult. ANYWAY, why would I get cold after eating?

I have a very high metabolism. Generally, if I avoid eating for a day or two, I get very cold.

When I eat, I get hot.

When I eat a heap of food, I get rather hot.

I often wear t-shirts outside in the winter.

Recently (last few years), whenever I eat a big meal, I get cold.

I read somewhere this is due to cortisol and stress? I am incredibly stressed over the lat few years. Discovering I have a narcissist mom and managing a lot of turmoil. Discovering that every problem you have is a result of your mom is hard. Trying to fix it once the blinders are off is difficult. ANYWAY, why would I get cold after eating?

Oh boy I can relate to the narcissistic mom, especially the “once the blinders are off” part, you just don’t see them the same, and you can’t get what you need from that very important relationship. Being responsible for them on top of it is REALLY stressful. You sound very stressed out with cortisol and estrogens having their way with you. Progesterone is a life saver for getting stress manageable. I am enormously stressed right now too for the same parent issues as you, so don’t feel alone. Progesterone during the day when stress is out the roof, really helps me, and you and I should both consider bag breathing too. Getting hot and cold eating food is your body and thyroid being affected by your emotions and stress. I remember Ray Peat saying when you are cold you need food and when you are hot you need hydration. You might need to pay attention to not letting yourself get dehydrated during the day. Hang in there, this is just a life lesson that will eventually be a distant memory. Just get through it with patience and dignity. You certainly don’t need get through it just to end up living with regrets the rest of your life. I think if we just see our dysfunctional parents as ordinary people it helps. Unfortunately there aren’t too many people with parents that are extraordinary nowadays.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals