Very Cold After Eating Breakfast?

Rtm320

Hi all!
A quick question that I still seem to struggle finding clarity on...I currently take NDT Tyromax, although recently not as consistently because I am not sure whether it's working for me or not. But I frequently get very cold after eating a hearty breakfast of rice, eggs, fruit. I've read that a drop in body temp can mean running high on stress hormones and eating is lowering them. I've also read that increasing salt intake can help? I use salt pretty liberally in almost everything even smoothies/sweet dishes. Should I be measuring it and rationing it to incorporate it more? Any help would be much appreciated, thank-you!

I think salt will help a lot. You can actually take 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt in water when you wake up. Also I would drink some orange juice or something similar when you wake up.

Often NDT doesn’t work on its own. Tyronene would be recommended for awhile. I take NDT and Tyronene. I think it’s temporary. Dr. Peat says in 6 or 12 months people generally don’t need it anymore.

rei

Insulin overload, primes the body towards storing energy over using it. If you want to use such levels of carbs you better make sure you are insulin sensitive first.

Running on stress hormones will make your body temp skyrocket, and peripheral temperature to fall.

I think it’s this. Blood sugar drops during the night. Adrenaline and cortisol kick in to maintain blood sugar.

Waking up, eating this food, lowers the stress hormones and temperatures fall.

Eventually thyroid should help this, especially T3.

LucH

Hi all!
I frequently get very cold after eating a hearty breakfast of rice, eggs, fruit. I've read that a drop in body temp can mean running high on stress hormones and eating is lowering them.
Hi,
If you're undervital (lack of energy), the least acid possible is best to start the day. Part of the problem.
More than 50 gr "sugar" could spike your insulin (?). Not enough fibber here.
When digestion is slow, your energy is hijacked.
I have a cup of herbal tea with ginger root and pepper to help warming. (home-made: infusion 7-10').
I add some fennel seeds when needed (when bloating).
Hope it will help.

Cirion

Another possibility - mixing the eggs w/ other carbs.

Mixing fats with carbs can be problematic (randle cycle). Plus eggs can rack up the PUFA fairly quickly, which is the worst fat to combine with carbs.

Try eating eggs alone (or with other protein/fats) and the rice/fruit separately and see what happens.

Personally, I find a combo of heat, caffeine, and carbs (alone, with protein perhaps but no fat) the quickest way to bring temperatures up in the morning. A hot coffee with generous added maple syrup has never failed to drastically increase my morning temp.

OP
R

Rtm320

Thank-you all for your advice and suggestions, it is very much appreciated!! I will continue to troubleshoot, thanks again!

meatbag

@meatbag morton’s non-iodide
nice yeah I know there can be issues with the iodized for some, I use the canning and pickling myself; only one without the suspicious anti caking agents :freedom

Like others mentioned if eating makes you feel cold it could indicate a thyroid issue. I think the standard was body temp and pulse before and 30 mins after eating

Have you ever had a vitamin d blood test?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals