White tongue, diffuse hair thinning. Poor digestion

davedavidson

Ever since getting covid and taking amoxicillin around the same time I've had symptoms of fungal overgrowth. Red spots on scalp, white tongue and what appears to be strings of fungus in my stool. Issues come and go but seem to exacerbated by poor diet. I don't respond well to oj and milk. I get bloating and makes my tongue get more discoloration. I drink a lot of coffee everyday and try to get my raw carrot in every day, as well as coconut oil oral rinse and it does not seem to help. Oddly enough a "good" source of grains does not give me bloating and i feel pretty good when i have them in my diet. I take few supps but have recently stopped most of them to see if helps with my hair loss which i believe is related, i have no receding hairline, hair fall stops and starts and seems to coincide with white tongue and bloating issues. Currently am soaking scalp with ketoconalzole shampoo with crushed aspirin mixed in with some baking soda. Has anyone had similar issues to me? Been a while since i had blood work but got a clean bill of health from my doctor. Im a male in my mid twenties. Please any guidance would be appreciated i can't stand to see my hair continue to fall out😭

youngsinatra

I’d would speak to my doctor and try to get an anti-fungal medication and maybe a stool analysis if I were in your shoes.

ladyofthelake

Amoxicillin messed me up badly several years ago. I began eating fermented beets every day for breakfast/lunch as well as water with lemon and apple cider vinegar. My digestion went back on track in about a month.
If you had a high fever that could be the culprit for the shedding. When a fever damages the follicle the shedding usually starts 2-4 months later and sheds for a while. For hair loss I recommend taking MSM daily. I would also recommend applying some herbs topically. What color is your hair and what length are you keeping it? I can make recommendations but wouldn’t want to stain your hair an off color.

OP
D

davedavidson

Amoxicillin messed me up badly several years ago. I began eating fermented beets every day for breakfast/lunch as well as water with lemon and apple cider vinegar. My digestion went back on track in about a month.
If you had a high fever that could be the culprit for the shedding. When a fever damages the follicle the shedding usually starts 2-4 months later and sheds for a while. For hair loss I recommend taking MSM daily. I would also recommend applying some herbs topically. What color is your hair and what length are you keeping it? I can make recommendations but wouldn’t want to stain your hair an off color.
Black hair i usually keep it short

Nebula

Ever since getting covid and taking amoxicillin around the same time I've had symptoms of fungal overgrowth. Red spots on scalp, white tongue and what appears to be strings of fungus in my stool. Issues come and go but seem to exacerbated by poor diet. I don't respond well to oj and milk. I get bloating and makes my tongue get more discoloration. I drink a lot of coffee everyday and try to get my raw carrot in every day, as well as coconut oil oral rinse and it does not seem to help. Oddly enough a "good" source of grains does not give me bloating and i feel pretty good when i have them in my diet. I take few supps but have recently stopped most of them to see if helps with my hair loss which i believe is related, i have no receding hairline, hair fall stops and starts and seems to coincide with white tongue and bloating issues. Currently am soaking scalp with ketoconalzole shampoo with crushed aspirin mixed in with some baking soda. Has anyone had similar issues to me? Been a while since i had blood work but got a clean bill of health from my doctor. Im a male in my mid twenties. Please any guidance would be appreciated i can't stand to see my hair continue to fall out😭
I have similar issues. I think my fungal overgrowth may have began after I messed around with too much methylene blue and sunbathing. I might have nuked my microbiome. Great results for awhile but I think it may have led to a fungal overgrowth. No starch = oregano oil keeps symptoms down, scalp irritation goes away, but doesn't seem to have fully fixed the situation. Do nystatin and fluconazole have good long term results?

ladyofthelake

Black hair i usually keep it short
You can buy the herbs separately, but I would recommend just getting them already mixed since your hair is short.
Buy Light Mountain Henna in Dark Brown (has a lion on the box) You can order this online or purchase at a health food store. This is a mixture of henna and amla, which are proteins and are great for hair growth. Mix about a half cup with warm distilled water until it is the consistency of yogurt and apply on your hair, leave on about 45 minutes- hour. You probably won’t get a stain at all but your hair will get the protein and strengthening from the herbs. You can do this every 3-4 weeks.

GreekDemiGod

Anti-Peat for the win.

golder

I take fluconazole or nystatin and my fungus infection goes, but always seems to come back. What am I doing wrong or what do o need to address with my physiology? Thanks to anyone that can help.

@davedavidson How is your zinc and selenium situation? can you do a hair test? you may be lacking it also in case it's candida molybdenum and vitamin C could help you 👍. If you want to use something scalp level Then you could use evo oil plus retinol plus vitamin E to leave 45-60 minutes before washing.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Strings of fungus sounds more like parasites, I don't think you'll be able to see fungal overgrowth. In fact it is very hard to culture and detect on stool tests. I would do a GI-MAP to check for other stuff than fungal overgrowth.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I take fluconazole or nystatin and my fungus infection goes, but always seems to come back. What am I doing wrong or what do o need to address with my physiology? Thanks to anyone that can help.
It may be dysbiosis caused by bacteria/protozoa/parasites that creates an environment conducive to fungal/yeast proliferation. So only doing an anti-fungal protocol is unlikely to be beneficial until the other pathogens are detected and addressed. GI-MAP is a good test to check for other stuff as I mentioned in the thread already. But it also has fungal markers, though they often come back as false negatives. Organic acids test can be useful to detect fungi/yeast, but I'd would use a stool test because where there is smoke there is often fire a.k.a. fungal overgrowth is a secondary issue caused by other dysbiosis.

Greyfox

Anti-biotics can cause stress to accumulate in the tissues in the form of tension. I think the bacteria die-off can be really caustic to the body if the bacterial load is really high to start. Check your body for any subconcious clenching or tension with your conscious mind. I've been able to completely stop hair loss for decent periods of time by either meditating and working the tension out or taking high doses of cyproheptadine.

OP
D

davedavidson

Strings of fungus sounds more like parasites, I don't think you'll be able to see fungal overgrowth. In fact it is very hard to culture and detect on stool tests. I would do a GI-MAP to check for other stuff than fungal overgrowth.
This occurred right after my first covid infection so i associated it with an overgrowth of fungus or bacteria, i don't think it was parasites, maybe biofilm or intestinal lining. I was taking nac, coconut oil and acv while fasting so something was definitely getting out of me. I am of the opinion that the parasite thing is overblown but people say that about candida so who knows. Most these issues have resolved for me but i still have concerning amounts of hair fall.

OP
D

davedavidson

@davedavidson How is your zinc and selenium situation? can you do a hair test? you may be lacking it also in case it's candida molybdenum and vitamin C could help you 👍. If you want to use something scalp level Then you could use evo oil plus retinol plus vitamin E to leave 45-60 minutes before washing.
I take zinc 15mg with 1 mg copper and get plenty of eggs so im not concerned about selenium. I do have a supp with chromium and molybdenum but ive also heard that it's pretty nasty stuff if you take too much. I work on greasy metal a lot so i think i get enough of it through that

Waynish

Should be a rule that if you say you got covid you also have to state if you got any vaccines.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals