Cutting Out Homogenised Dairy Has Cleared All My Digestive Issues, Including Geographic Tongue

lepetitcheval

Returning to the topic:
@Dannywharton - I'm trying the same experiment now with similar results. I switched from 1% to skimmed milk and am avoiding homogenized dairy products in general (FYI- a lot of commercial 1/2 & 1/2 is homogenized). My tongue has cleared up, my anxiety is lower, and my stools more consistent.

This is after 4 days. My pulse is averaging 2 bpm more (measurements taken @ 7am, 8am, 2pm, 8pm) and body temperature is up .2 degrees.
Most importantly, I feel less anxious.

Thank you for bringing this into my field of consideration.

Mossy

I'm continuing to search out my milk options, and am a little frustrated by the insane pricing for raw milk. Does anyone know what the huge mark-up is for? Doesn't raw milk require less processing and handling; hence, less man power, equipment, and time to finished product?

P.S. I should note that it may not be fair of me to use the term "mark-up". This term implies that the sellers are price-gouging, which they may be, but I can't say that for sure. The high price may be justified, but the higher cost of production that a high-price could imply is not evident to me.

Last edited:

jitsmonkey

I'm continuing to search out my milk options, and am a little frustrated by the insane pricing for raw milk. Does anyone know what the huge mark-up is for? Doesn't raw milk require less processing and handling; hence, less man power, equipment, and time to finished product?

P.S. I should note that it may not be fair of me to use the term "mark-up". This term implies that the sellers are price-gouging, which they may be, but I can't say that for sure. The high price may be justified, but the higher cost of production that a high-price could imply is not evident to me.

Most (not all) are small family farmers trying to actually SURVIVE on their novel product and farming.
Pimpin ain't easy. You're used to a $3-5 gallon of milk because of massive government subsidies. Raw milk farmers get none of those
because most of them are not selling retail (and possibly other reasons I'm unaware of).

I was just in the store a couple days ago. 1 gallon of raw milk was $16

Mossy

Most (not all) are small family farmers trying to actually SURVIVE on their novel product and farming.
Pimpin ain't easy. You're used to a $3-5 gallon of milk because of massive government subsidies. Raw milk farmers get none of those
because most of them are not selling retail (and possibly other reasons I'm unaware of).

I was just in the store a couple days ago. 1 gallon of raw milk was $16
Good input. That's exactly the price I'm seeing it at, $16 a gallon.

I should've remembered that, that many dairies are subsidized. The town I grew up in had a few dairies that were subsidized, and some were bought out for large sums. I can totally appreciate what you're saying, small time farms trying to make it. I'm going to still guess, though, that there is a bit of hype with "raw", and extra mark-up as a result. Sad thing is, the small farms are probably not getting any of that extra, because as you say, they're not selling retail; the larger parent corporations that utilize those small farms are the retailers. There must obviously be exceptions to this, but not many, I bet.

Well, as of now, I'm going with organic non-homogenized, which is half the price for raw.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom