When (if Ever) Should A Women Use DHEA And Pregnenolone?

zewe

I know women can benefit from progesterone, but when (if ever) should they consider supplementing with the other two "youth hormones" Peat speaks highly of?

Bumping this thread because I just noticed it.

I use pregnenolone and DHEA to treat my PTSD.

As woman, I use 7-Keto DHEA because when I first considered using DHEA, I wanted first hand experience from other women. So, I talked with women at health stores I frequent.

The unanimous reply was although DHEA gave them abundant energy, they started to experience hair loss which stopped once they quit taking the DHEA.

The condition known as androgenic alopecia is precipitated by the hormone testosterone being converted into an androgen called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) Although this sounds harmless enough, DHT can inhibit the growth of new hair cells by causing follicles in the scalp to shrink. Over time the follicles shrink to such a degree that new hair no longer grows from them. As more and more follicles shrink, hair loss becomes more and more noticeable.

Still wanting to increase vitality, I found 7-Keto DHEA which does not convert to sex hormones so, no hair loss, unwanted facial hair or deeper voice than I already have. (if I could carry a tune, I'd be a great blues singer! :microphone: :sunglasses: )

I use pregnenolone more frequently and only occassionly use the 7-Keto DHEA.....if I I am particularity lacking in energy.

Studies show that people with PTSD are low in both pregnenolone and DHEA. I figure the pregnenolone will convert to what my body needs. And it does.

I also have histamine intolerance which complicates the hell out of trying to treat the numerous symptoms I have/had. Add PTSD and its many physiological symtoms and you have a tangled mess to unwind.
High histamine levels also affect everyone of my body systems. It is also why I cannot use the diet many here do.

I also have low cortisol levels and you need it to counteract high histamine. This leads to very bad allergy symptoms so the pregnenolone coverting to cortisol most definitely has helped with my allergies, inflamation and pain.

Another thing pregnenolone helped with was a high cholesterol reading which I never had a problem with before.

I insisted on a full metabolic panel of lab test done every 3 months, since 2012. Last year my cholesterol levels went up significantly and the doctor's only response was to put me on statins.
No questions about my diet, stress levels, nothing, just take the drug.

I told the doctor no, I have very little energy and I don't need to have my mitochondria become collateral damage from the use of statins!

So, I asked myself the question, why would my cholesterol levels go up when for 59 years they were perfect? What I found out is that cholesterol is a precursor
pregnenolone, to progesterone, to prednisolone and used as cortisol. Since I am low in cortisol, I figured my sudden high cholesterol was my body trying to gain homeostasis, suppling more cholesterol for conversion to cortisol.

Anyway, correct reasoning or not, my cholesterol levels went down after taking pregnenolone.....The doctor never asked me how I did it.

Last edited:

Kray

@zewe Would you mind sharing your pregnenolone, and which you have found to be the best delivery (oral vs topical)?

CaliforniaKat

I'd also love to hear about pregnenolone. I have some at a 10 mg dose, but am very hesitant to use it. I've read the threads by a few users here to had horrible experiences with it.

baccheion

If hormones are low? After turning 35? During and after menopause? All after fixing any nutrient deficiencies to ensure that's not why.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals