Does Estrogen Feminize Women?

cyclops

I was reading something by Ray Peat where he associated estrogen with breast growth and I've also seen it linked to other feminine attributes. I know that progesterone is supposed to lower estrogen and is recommended for women. Is estrogen more important for women though? As in they need more of it, and should be cautious not to lower it too much?

Also, I've read that the birth control pill increases estrogen, but also some on this forum have said that the pill increases masculinity in women to some degree. Seems conflicting to my basic understanding.

MatheusPN

Very complicated, femininity is the high progesterone or estrogen to androgen ratio, I estimate, studies would help

High estrogen or progesterone decreases androgens
So less, principally 5ar activity would feminize woman

High Estrogen reduces androgens
High supplementation of progesterone reduces androgens and estrogens, at least both in men

Estrogen is extense, can have masculine and feminine effects

So a high progesterone/ estrogen ratio maybe 10/1
And a high ratio of progesterone/ androgen are feminine ratios
These ratios are the answer apparently

One empirical evidence, my gf, stoped the contraceptive pill (progestin and estrogen), she now have higher hip/ waist ratio, thinner waist even with more weight, and even more emotional sensible!

Some guy said that Japanese woman have the highest progesterone/ estrogen ratio, and Nigerian the opposite, but this seems like a hearsay until I see some argument

Dutasterise effects in woman would be interesting and knowing what are the hormone levels found in women compared with males will help answering all this, all this is very obscure

Last edited:

lvysaur

What neotenizes both genders?

My guess is that apart from genes, progesterone neotenizes both genders. Estrogen progenetizes them, and testosterone does something totally different.

smith

My guess is that apart from genes, progesterone neotenizes both genders. Estrogen progenetizes them, and testosterone does something totally different.
Progesterone masculinizes males according to what I'm reading on the forum, which is why I'm becoming doubtful of that. Why is this, is it progesterone just being converted into estrogen? What type of estrogen masculinizes, phyto's and stress or "natural" estradiol? What does testosterone do in a way that's so different from progenetization or neotinization? And thanks for taking my question seriously.
Masculinizing Effects From Progesterone?

Last edited:

MatheusPN

I know that the feminization/masculinization depends principally of the quantity taken as a male, high doses opposes androgens, low can be androgenic
In women I think that high and low supplementation will results as feminization in most women
The results, will depend on the actual hormonal status of the person also

GutFeeling

Estradiol masculinizes the brain
Man who take estrogen get a attractive body shape and usually get a whiter skin, which is also correlated with more attractiviness, but estrogen can make the skin darker.. Maybe less androgens?

Some people report that birth control woman get a hard personality, I have that impression too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals