unnamed

I have heard from some people that tobacco lowers estrogen and masculinizes men and women, but I also read a study saying smoking leads to earlier menopause in women. I want to hear this side of the story.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nicotine is an aromatase inhibitor and also increases DHT, so all in all good. But smoking on the other hand has a tonne of side effects, so it's not good to associate nicotine to meno/andropause, as nicotine and smoking are not the same.

Dr. B

Nicotine is an aromatase inhibitor and also increases DHT, so all in all good. But smoking on the other hand has a tonne of side effects, so it's not good to associate nicotine to meno/andropause, as nicotine and smoking are not the same.
also not to tobacco, a lot of tobacco products have crazy filler ingredients, chemicals, colors, flavors, other textural ingredients... aromas... same issues as food basically. alcohols have a similar issue, tough to get a clean one with no fillers, sulfites etc.

dhtsupreme

Do nicotine gums work? Is there any harm in using it?
I tried it before. I def felt it. Sharper thinking and clarity. Felt more confident too. I think it's good but there's some additives that might be dangerous in the long run. You have to chew it then park it between the gums and teeth to absorb the nicotine. you should feel a tingling sensation

Also I would sometimes have reactions that resemble high adrenaline. Shaky/nervous feel, cold hands and feet. Def vasoconstricting

I've only used nicotine gum so idk if I would get the same effects if I had pure nicotine or was a chronic smoker

aquila2009

I tried it before. I def felt it. Sharper thinking and clarity. Felt more confident too. I think it's good but there's some additives that might be dangerous in the long run. You have to chew it then park it between the gums and teeth to absorb the nicotine. you should feel a tingling sensation

Also I would sometimes have reactions that resemble high adrenaline. Shaky/nervous feel, cold hands and feet. Def vasoconstricting

I've only used nicotine gum so idk if I would get the same effects if I had pure nicotine or was a chronic smoker
Just started using tobacco. Experienced the same as you. It felt like taking aspirin or salt with no food. Increased energy demands but with no fuel…. causing a stress reaction. I ate a chocolate bar and it pretty immediately went away.

Dr. B

Just started using tobacco. Experienced the same as you. It felt like taking aspirin or salt with no food. Increased energy demands but with no fuel…. causing a stress reaction. I ate a chocolate bar and it pretty immediately went away.
which chocolate?

Makrosky

I think you used it for too long. Whenever I use one of these typical swedish tobacco pouches (snuss I think they call it) I have to literally set a stopwatch to take it out of my mouth after 5 minutes. More than that I get the same shaky/cold/anxious feeling. They are very potent. Then a few hours later I put it back again for another 5 mins.

It is cheap and convenient.

OccamzRazer

@Hans have you done any research into what the optimal dose of nicotine is...and where its positive effects begin to diminish?

Nicotine gum has been nice but also pretty habit-forming. Some days I get up to 40mg :confused:

Last edited:

Inaut

I’m thinking about making a tobacco tincture as I have a really clean product. I like the effects of tobacco but want to smoke less...

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans have you done any research into what the optimal dose of nicotine is...and where its positive effects begin to diminish?

Nicotine gum has been nice but also pretty habit-forming. Some days I get up to 40mg :confused:
I have not looked into specific doses, but if I were to try it out, I'd do around 1-2mg daily and not more than 4mg.

Soren

Forum Supporter
@Hans your informed opinion on this as a topical? Thanks man!

I think this is one of those products that is labeled as a topical product for legal reasons similar to other labs. I would wager that it is safe to take orally although no one can actually recommend it.

golder

I think this is one of those products that is labeled as a topical product for legal reasons similar to other labs. I would wager that it is safe to take orally although no one can actually recommend it.
Presumably it would also work topically? Just dose it slightly higher?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Presumably it would also work topically? Just dose it slightly higher?

Don't know I would assume so. Often you don't need to dose much higher depending on how much it absorbs.

RealNeat

@Hans your informed opinion on this as a topical? Thanks man!

This, like supplemental caffeine can kill if one isn't careful in dosing. Take your time and triple check to make sure you are dosing correctly. Keep away from animals/ cross contamination.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals