Estrogen associated with arterial stiffness in women

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blood pressure rises with age, and most people over the age of 50 are on some type of blood pressure controlling medication. It is well-known that blood vessels calcify/stiffen with age and that such stiffness is what leads to increased blood pressure - i.e. the inability of vessels to expand/relax during increased heart activity. This is another common feature of aging and cardiovascular disease (CVD), which medicine considers of "unknown" origin, despite multiple studies demonstrating that the administration of glucocorticoids or mineralocorticoids can reliably cause the stiffening even in young/healthy people. The study below now suggests that estogen and FSH are also contributing to the stiffening of blood vessels. Since the relationship between estrogen and stiffening was seen even in menopausal women, the study also suggests that estrogen levels in menopause are NOT low, thus contradicting yet again the mainstream medical dogma.

Associations of Sex Hormones and Hormonal Status With Arterial Stiffness in a Female Sample From Reproductive Years to Menopause
Aging stiffens the blood vessels but their flexibility also fluctuates based on a woman’s hormone state
"...The entire study consisted of women aged 19 to 58 years. The older the women were, the stiffer their arteries were. Of the hormones measured, estradiol and follicle-stimulating hormone were associated with arterial stiffness, but age was a stronger determinant of stiffness than hormone levels were. Examination of the subsets showed hormonal state to be associated with arterial stiffness. The attenuation of the pulse wave was faster in the late follicular and ovulation phases than it was during menstrual bleeding. Combined oral contraceptive users have varying hormonal levels due to taking pills containing estrogen and progestogen for the first three weeks and then changing to hormone-free pills for a week during which withdrawal bleeding occurs. While taking the hormonal pills, the arteries were more elastic than they were during bleeding. Among menopausal women, postmenopausal women on hormone therapy had the stiffest arteries."

peateats1

@haidut, what would be the cause of high diastolic, low/normal systolic? My blood pressure while standing will be 120/103ish but while sitting/resting will be 130/84ish. I've had a ton of health problems and high endotoxin that has led to very low progesterone and what I'm assuming is super high tissue estrogen. A lot of pots people have this type of low pulse pressure too. Could it be high estrogen? My tsh is completely suppressed. Also have noticed taking an aspirin lowers both numbers, and magnesium only lowers systolic.

Neeters 27

From my own personal experience, Progesterone and thyroid lowered my never-ending climbing cortisol, and helped lower my blood pressure, somewhat. However, it wasn't until I added topical Estradiol (small dose, pls dont freak, I had zero estrogen and low estrone due to adrenal crash from untreated hypothyroidism at menopause.)
Estrogen is a potent Nitric Oxide potentiator/vasodilator and for me, it not only has brought my BP from 160/90 to an excellent 110/70 for several months now, it has also given me back my MOJO! meaning, I now chase my husband around the house and have orgasms again! Estrogen makes your skin more sensitive in other places too. I tried only Progesterone and Thyroid for 2 years, it didnt fix me completely. Once I added Estrogel, all things improved! better brain function (recently passed 3 very complicated licensing exams with only 2 weeks of study.) no afternoon crashing, sleep and dream beautifully, no aches and pains at all. I wish People would realize we need all the hormones and stop bashing estrogen. Not everybody is full of estrogen!

youngsinatra

From my own personal experience, Progesterone and thyroid lowered my never-ending climbing cortisol, and helped lower my blood pressure, somewhat. However, it wasn't until I added topical Estradiol (small dose, pls dont freak, I had zero estrogen and low estrone due to adrenal crash from untreated hypothyroidism at menopause.)
Estrogen is a potent Nitric Oxide potentiator/vasodilator and for me, it not only has brought my BP from 160/90 to an excellent 110/70 for several months now, it has also given me back my MOJO! meaning, I now chase my husband around the house and have orgasms again! Estrogen makes your skin more sensitive in other places too. I tried only Progesterone and Thyroid for 2 years, it didnt fix me completely. Once I added Estrogel, all things improved! better brain function (recently passed 3 very complicated licensing exams with only 2 weeks of study.) no afternoon crashing, sleep and dream beautifully, no aches and pains at all. I wish People would realize we need all the hormones and stop bashing estrogen. Not everybody is full of estrogen!
I agree.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals