What's The Cause Of High Calcium?

Orangeyouglad

The past two times I've had bloodwork done my serum calcium has been outside the normal range. What's the cause of this? Is this something to be concerned with?

Bart1

Ray peat:
As bones lose calcium, the soft tissues calcify; when less calcium is eaten, blood calcium may increase, along with calcium in many organs and tissues; if an organ such as the heart is deprived of calcium for a short time, its cells lose their ability to respond normally to calcium, and instead they take up a large, toxic amount of calcium.

Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

Ray peat:
As bones lose calcium, the soft tissues calcify; when less calcium is eaten, blood calcium may increase, along with calcium in many organs and tissues; if an organ such as the heart is deprived of calcium for a short time, its cells lose their ability to respond normally to calcium, and instead they take up a large, toxic amount of calcium.

Calcium and Disease: Hypertension, organ calcification, & shock, vs. respiratory energy

@Bart1 Interesting. I tend to eat/drink quite a bit of dairy. Is there something else that could be causing it? Or just eat more calcium.

brix

I’ve read that people who consume to much calcium have high blood calcium and those who don’t eat enough calcium have high blood calcium. Confusing but I’d imagine PTH would determine that.

redsun

The past two times I've had bloodwork done my serum calcium has been outside the normal range. What's the cause of this? Is this something to be concerned with?

Vitamin K2, MK-4 in divided doses throughout the day should remedy this.

baccheion

How much calcium do you get per day? Low calcium, magnesium, or vitamin D intake can elevate PTH and pull calcium from bones.

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

How much calcium do you get per day? Low calcium, magnesium, or vitamin D intake can elevate PTH and pull calcium from bones.

I w0uld assume I was getting a good amount - a couple of glasses of milk and eating cheese daily. One thing that has made me feel a lot better is Mag. I started taking it about 8 months ago and it's been a staple for me. I live in a sunny environment but I might still get my vitamin D checked to make sure.

Nokoni

Famotidine lowers PTH: Famotidine Lowers PTH By Almost 50%

Some think boron does too: The borax conspiracy: how the arthritis cure has been stopped

"Boron is distributed throughout the body with the highest concentration in the parathyroid glands, followed by bones and dental enamel. It is essential for healthy bone and joint function, regulating the absorption and metabolism of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus through its influence on the parathyroid glands. With this boron is for the parathyroids what iodine is for the thyroid."

"Boron deficiency causes the parathyroids to become overactive, releasing too much parathyroid hormone which raises the blood level of calcium by releasing calcium from bones and teeth. This then leads to osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis, osteoporosis and tooth decay. With advancing age high blood levels of calcium lead to calcification of soft tissues causing muscle contractions and stiffness; calcification of endocrine glands, especially the pineal gland and the ovaries; arteriosclerosis, kidney stones, and calcification of the kidneys ultimately leading to kidney failure. Boron deficiency combined with magnesium deficiency is especially damaging to the bones and teeth."

I’ve read that people who consume to much calcium have high blood calcium and those who don’t eat enough calcium have high blood calcium. Confusing but I’d imagine PTH would determine that.

@Orangeyouglad @brix
..any updates in regard to your calcium-situation?
I also believe that a too low and too high consumption
Can cause Ca to go out of range.
Would like to hear from others about it too.
With proper Vitamin D,i could never handle more than ~ 1200mg Ca myself.

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

@Orangeyouglad @brix
..any updates in regard to your calcium-situation?
I also believe that a too low and too high consumption
Can cause Ca to go out of range.
Would like to hear from others about it too.
With proper Vitamin D,i could never handle more than ~ 1200mg Ca myself.

I've been working on getting my vitamin D levels up through a lot of sun exposure and supplementing more Vitamin K. I checked parathyroid hormone and that's in rage. I'll retest again soon to see if the levels go down.

GutFeeling

Personally I would supplement magnesium and B vitamins. This "eat more calcium to lower your calcium" seems risky.

D

danishispsychic

When mine was high, I slammed a bunch of Mc Donalds whole milk lattes for a month or so , took K and D3 , and when re tested it was back in range. I am still hard core into their lattes. ( I add my own sugar )

SSP

Did you control your thyroxine, progesterone levels for high blood Calcium

Motif

I've been working on getting my vitamin D levels up through a lot of sun exposure and supplementing more Vitamin K. I checked parathyroid hormone and that's in rage. I'll retest again soon to see if the levels go down.
How did this continue ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals