Blood Work Is Back. High Cholesterol & Calcium?

Orangeyouglad

Could you please have a look and give me some input into my new lab tests?

My Calcium has been high on every blood test I've taken for the last few years no matter what. Also, my Cholesterol and Lymphs/Monocytes are both high. I'm wondering if this is signaling some sort of inflammation? Liver issue?

Curious to hear your thoughts...

RESULTS

Glucose: 90 (range 65-99)
Uric Acid: 4.9 (range: 3.7-8.6)

BUN: 15 (Range 3-20)
Creatine: 1.04 (range 0.76-1.27)
BUN/Creatine ratio: 14 (range 9-20)
Sodium: 141 (range 134-144)
Potassium: 5.0 (range 3.5-5.2)
Chloride: 101 (range 96-106)
Carbon Dioxide: 23 (range 20-29)
Calcium: 10.3 (range 8.7-10.2)

Phosphorus: 4.1 (range 2.8-4.1)
Protein: 7.6 (range 6.0-8.5)
Albumin: 5.2 (range 4.1-5.2)

Globulin: 2.4 (range 1.5-4.5)
A/G Ratio: 2.2 (range 1.2-22)
Bilirubin: 0.4 (range 0.0-1.2)
Alkaline Phosphatase: 78 (range 39-117)

LDH: 178 (range 121-224)
AST (SGOT): 55 (range 0-40)
ALT (SGPT):37 (range 0-44)
Iron: 133 (range 38-169)
Cholesterol: 234 (range 100-199)
Triglycerides: 229 (range 0-149)

HDL Cholesterol: 60 (range >39)
VLDL Cholesterol Cal: 46 (range 5-40)
LDL Choloesterol Calc: 128 (range 0-99)

T. Chol/HDL Ratio: 3.9 (range 0.0-5.0)

WBC: 9.7 (range 3.4-10.8)
RBC: 5.25 (range 4.14-5.80)
Hemoglobin: 16.1 (range 13.0-17.7)
Hematocrit: 46.8 (range 37.5-51.0)
MCV: 89 (range 79-97)
MCH: 30.7 (range 26.6-33.0)
MCHC: 34.3 (range 31.5-35.7)
RDW: 14.3 (range 11.6-15.4)
Platelets: 364 (range 150-450)
Neurtophils: 56
Lymphs: 32
Monocytes: 9
Neutrophils: 5.4 (range 1.4-7.0)
Lymphs: 3.2 (range 0.7-3.1)
Monocytes: 0.9 (range 0.1-0.9)

EOS: 0.2 (range 0.0-0.4)
Baso: 0.0 (range 0.0-0.2)

Aldosterone, Serum: 6.4 (range 0.0-30.0)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy: 31.9 (range 30.0-100.0)
Copper, Serum: 104 (range 72-166)
PTH: 23 (range 15-65)

Prolactin: 10.9 (range 4.04-15.2) (test at a different time)

Hans

Forum Supporter
What's your diet like? Apologies if you already elaborate elsewhere. If so, just point me in that direction.

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

What's your diet like? Apologies if you already elaborate elsewhere. If so, just point me in that direction.

Hey @Hans, I don't think I've posted much of it before. Here's the general breakdown:

Breakfast: Eggs with some cheese, sometimes potatoes. OJ.
Lunch: Usually a piece of cheese, canned fish or a bit of meat. A Chipotle bowl is honestly easy access for me and somewhat Peaty so I do that twice a week.
Dinner: Meat and potatoes or rice, shrimp tacos, chicken. Sometimes a piece of dark chocolate for dessert.

I would say I "cheat" 4-5 meals out of the week with a hamburger or something like that. I usually drink a glass of milk or two with dinner. I try to avoid gluten except for one day out of the week or so. I love/crave salt and put it on nearly all of my meals.

lampofred

High CO2 + vitamin K is necessary to take calcium out of the blood and put it into bones. High CO2/metabolism is also needed to lower cholesterol. Maybe just more thyroid is what you need?

CLASH

Infection and endotoxin can raise cholesterol. Considering the increased white blood cells perhaps there is a latent infection?

OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

Infection and endotoxin can raise cholesterol. Considering the increased white blood cells perhaps there is a latent infection?

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. I had bloodwork about 6 months ago that came back with raised white blood cells as well.

Any thoughts on what this could be, how to test further for it, or what I would do to fix this?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey @Hans, I don't think I've posted much of it before. Here's the general breakdown:

Breakfast: Eggs with some cheese, sometimes potatoes. OJ.
Lunch: Usually a piece of cheese, canned fish or a bit of meat. A Chipotle bowl is honestly easy access for me and somewhat Peaty so I do that twice a week.
Dinner: Meat and potatoes or rice, shrimp tacos, chicken. Sometimes a piece of dark chocolate for dessert.

I would say I "cheat" 4-5 meals out of the week with a hamburger or something like that. I usually drink a glass of milk or two with dinner. I try to avoid gluten except for one day out of the week or so. I love/crave salt and put it on nearly all of my meals.
Have you checked androgens and thyroid as well?
The elevated lymphs and monocytes could be due to endotoxins. Do you experience digestive issues?
K2 is definitely a good idea if you're not already taking it. I'd also try to get vitamin D up.

Have you ever logged your daily food consumption into cronometer to see your total calories and micro breakdown? You might be missing a few important vitamins or minerals.

CLASH

That's kind of what I'm thinking too. I had bloodwork about 6 months ago that came back with raised white blood cells as well.

Any thoughts on what this could be, how to test further for it, or what I would do to fix this?

Do you have any specific symptoms?

brix

Same bloods as you. High prolactin and high calcium are correlated.

NDT is helping me feel better I believe. Vitamin K2 did not feel great.

What were you cholesterol numbers like before you started eating all the eggs, cheese, and shrimp?

Whether you think cholesterol is an issue or not is one thing. However you should know that dietary cholesterol and saturated fats have been long proven to raise blood cholesterol levels.

Your high cholesterol is most likely caused by the change in your diet. The new research that supposedly disproved the link is all industry funded bs.

I think Ray's take is that cholesterol is protective and high cholesterol is a symptom of hypothyroidism. NDT should help lower your cholesterol numbers.

Last edited:
OP
Orangeyouglad

Orangeyouglad

Have you checked androgens and thyroid as well?
The elevated lymphs and monocytes could be due to endotoxins. Do you experience digestive issues?
K2 is definitely a good idea if you're not already taking it. I'd also try to get vitamin D up.

Have you ever logged your daily food consumption into cronometer to see your total calories and micro breakdown? You might be missing a few important vitamins or minerals.

Yes, I have the androgens and thryoid tests too. TSH is 1.5, and T3 and T4 show middle of the range.

DHT, Prolactin, Progesterone are all elevated. Test is on the lower end of the spectrum.

I have done the chronometer before, but it's been a while so I might try it again. Honestly, my intake varies quite a bit so it's difficult to track.

Do you have any specific symptoms?

Hairloss is my main concern, as well as some excess body hair. I've been losing hair around the hairline for a long time, unnatural for my age. I have more hair loss than nearly anyone in my family besides my grandfather. Stubborn body fat is another and I deal poorly with stress.

Same bloods as you. High prolactin and high calcium are correlated.

NDT is helping me feel better I believe. Vitamin K2 did not feel great.

Bummer, but glad to have someone that has similar bloodwork around. Signs and symptoms you're dealing with?

I'm experimenting with NDT right now too.

What were you cholesterol numbers like before you started eating all the eggs, cheese, and shrimp?

Whether you think cholesterol is an issue or not is one thing. However you should know that dietary cholesterol and saturated fats have been long proven to raise blood cholesterol levels.

Your high cholesterol is most likely caused by the change in your diet. The new research that supposedly disproved the link is all industry funded bs.

I think Ray's take is that cholesterol is protective and high cholesterol is a symptom of hypothyroidism. NDT should help lower your cholesterol numbers.

If anything, NDT has increased it slightly. I don't have any bloodwork that shows pre-peat dieting. I think I had some bloodwork that showed it was elevated, but not to the extent it is here.

gaze

eat more ripe fruit to fix the cholesterol. usually high calcium is from not enough carbs and/or calcium in the diet. also high triglycerides show that maybe supplementing b1 and eating more gelatinous food would help. how many calories would you estimate you are eating?

Last edited:

brix

Yes, I have the androgens and thryoid tests too. TSH is 1.5, and T3 and T4 show middle of the range.

DHT, Prolactin, Progesterone are all elevated. Test is on the lower end of the spectrum.

I have done the chronometer before, but it's been a while so I might try it again. Honestly, my intake varies quite a bit so it's difficult to track.

Hairloss is my main concern, as well as some excess body hair. I've been losing hair around the hairline for a long time, unnatural for my age. I have more hair loss than nearly anyone in my family besides my grandfather. Stubborn body fat is another and I deal poorly with stress.

Bummer, but glad to have someone that has similar bloodwork around. Signs and symptoms you're dealing with?

I'm experimenting with NDT right now too.

If anything, NDT has increased it slightly. I don't have any bloodwork that shows pre-peat dieting. I think I had some bloodwork that showed it was elevated, but not to the extent it is here.

same symptoms too. Weird. Hair loss mainly at temples. General thinning too. Started at 20. 30 now.

Interesting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals