Hypoparathyroid And High Blood Calcium?

Daniil

"Vitamin A toxicity produces protean clinical manifestations involving a wide variety of tissues and systems. Hypercalcemia can occasionally be associated with high vitamin A levels, but is rare. In this report we describe a patient who was receiving a commercially prepared enteral feeding formula for 2 years. He developed asymptomatic hypercalcemia and had serum vitamin A levels several fold above normal. Subsequently, a custom-made enteral feed was used which contained negligible amounts of vitamin A. Several months later, vitamin A levels diminished substantially and serum calcium levels returned to normal"

Daniil

"Hypervitaminosis A is seen in early CKD, with highest levels in children on supplemental feeds compared with diet alone. Serum retinoid levels significantly predict hypercalcemia."

exile

I tested my pth and it was 16 (reference range 15-65). My calcium was 10.1 (reference range 8.7-10.2) and vitamin d 70. My calcium has often been in the upper range, once or twice being a tenth over. I thought might lower now that I get 2000+ mg of dietary calcium per day. Thinking of trying to add k2 to see if that helps. Any other advice for furthering testing or supplements is welcome.

gaze

I tested my pth and it was 16 (reference range 15-65). My calcium was 10.1 (reference range 8.7-10.2) and vitamin d 70. My calcium has often been in the upper range, once or twice being a tenth over. I thought might lower now that I get 2000+ mg of dietary calcium per day. Thinking of trying to add k2 to see if that helps. Any other advice for furthering testing or supplements is welcome.
i had a similar situation, low pth and high calcium. i brought mine down by eating more carbs, starches specifically. and sodium. low PTH and high calcium intake strongly stimualtes the metabolic rate, and if you dont eat enough carbs to match it, sometimes it causes stress. I think having too much protein from milk and not enough carbs with it is a common cause. if you do eat enough, sometimes it means low thyroid so you cant burn the carbs you eat and store glycogen, so its being wasted by fat gain or lactic acid. magnesium would probably help also.

exile

i had a similar situation, low pth and high calcium. i brought mine down by eating more carbs, starches specifically. and sodium. low PTH and high calcium intake strongly stimualtes the metabolic rate, and if you dont eat enough carbs to match it, sometimes it causes stress. I think having too much protein from milk and not enough carbs with it is a common cause. if you do eat enough, sometimes it means low thyroid so you cant burn the carbs you eat and store glycogen, so its being wasted by fat gain or lactic acid. magnesium would probably help also.

Thank you for this. Can you give a rough estimate on how many carbs/calories you consume?

gaze

Thank you
also be cautious of milk alkali syndrome. at a different occasion ive given myself a mild form of it. if your doing any sort of baking soda or mag bicarb for example it can cause a problem with very high calcium intakes

exile

also be cautious of milk alkali syndrome. at a different occasion ive given myself a mild form of it. if your doing any sort of baking soda or mag bicarb for example it can cause a problem with very high calcium intakes

That’s interesting and something I’ll definitely keep in mind.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals