Help interpreting labs- high TSH + prolactin, normal T3 and T4

faisman

Hi guys,

I've been focusing on the basics and feeling quite good recently. Waking temperatures aren't always optimal (36.1-36.3C) but I always reach 37.1-37.2C by midday. I got some bloodwork done recently and thought to ask here for some insight.

My main concerns are high TSH despite normal FT3 and FT4 (faced this for a while now) and high prolactin. This is the first time I've ever tested my prolactin as well as a few other things as I wanted to get a full picture of whats going on.

Any input would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 2.png
    2.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.png
    3.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 4.png
    4.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 55

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi guys,

I've been focusing on the basics and feeling quite good recently. Waking temperatures aren't always optimal (36.1-36.3C) but I always reach 37.1-37.2C by midday. I got some bloodwork done recently and thought to ask here for some insight.

My main concerns are high TSH despite normal FT3 and FT4 (faced this for a while now) and high prolactin. This is the first time I've ever tested my prolactin as well as a few other things as I wanted to get a full picture of whats going on.

Any input would be appreciated :)
Do you have the WBC percentages? Something is stimulating your hypothalamus to secrete TRH, which is causing elevated prolactin and TSH. This also leads to low T.

How is your digestion and gut health?

RDW over 13% also indicates some nutritional deficiencies over the past 4 months.

GodsHound

Those free hormone tests mean little to nothing, I think Ray said using those tests are like reading tea leaves.

OP
F

faisman

Do you have the WBC percentages? Something is stimulating your hypothalamus to secrete TRH, which is causing elevated prolactin and TSH. This also leads to low T.

How is your digestion and gut health?

RDW over 13% also indicates some nutritional deficiencies over the past 4 months.
Hi Hans,

First of all I want to personally thank you for all the amazing content you put out. Very insightful and helpful :)

What I uploaded is everything I have so unfortunately no WBC percentages.

My digestion has been good recently, I wouldn’t say perfect still but nearly there. Still making tweaks here and there but happy with it overall.

I am planning to start taking vitamin E more consistently. For the last 6 months or so I’ve been taking 400iu once every week plus when in doubt of any pufa exposure.

I also will make sure to get out in the sun daily (I already do a few times a week)

I will say though my sleep is not consistent, although I get a good number of hours in (7-8) the timings I go to bed can vary and im sure that has an impact.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans,

First of all I want to personally thank you for all the amazing content you put out. Very insightful and helpful :)

What I uploaded is everything I have so unfortunately no WBC percentages.

My digestion has been good recently, I wouldn’t say perfect still but nearly there. Still making tweaks here and there but happy with it overall.

I am planning to start taking vitamin E more consistently. For the last 6 months or so I’ve been taking 400iu once every week plus when in doubt of any pufa exposure.

I also will make sure to get out in the sun daily (I already do a few times a week)

I will say though my sleep is not consistent, although I get a good number of hours in (7-8) the timings I go to bed can vary and im sure that has an impact.
Thanks man appreciate that and I'm glad you're finding the content helpful.

Can you elaborate on what supps you're currently taking and what you're diet looks like atm?

OP
F

faisman

Thanks man appreciate that and I'm glad you're finding the content helpful.

Can you elaborate on what supps you're currently taking and what you're diet looks like atm?
In terms of diet:

Fruits depending on ripeness (mangos, plums bananas, grapes)

Honey, maple syrup

Grassfed beef, eggs, milk, cheese

Beef liver weekly, chicken and low-fat fish occasionally

Rice mainly as a starch with one of my meals, and sometimes potatoes (Im currently at 58kg and 172cm so im trying to put on weight)

Ice cream, chocolate

Butter and coconut oil for cooking fats, olive oil sometimes (not cooked)

2-3 times a week I have oatbran for breakfast, recently ive also tried sprouted oats

Ive been having carrots occasionally but I’m planning to go back to doing it daily as I definitely feel its helpful when I’m consistent.

Coke, Redbull

In terms of supplements:

My daily ones are: Vit D, Metavive NDT, Vit K (Life Extension), Vit C, Florassist bacteriophage, magnesium bicarbonate, Ion Biome, digestive enzymes with bigger meals

Ive also recently started a bottle of serrapeptase which im taking daily

A few times weekly: Shilajit, calcium carbonate, vit E, taurine and oxbile

I also made this mixture of black seed, cumin and honey that I sometimes take which I feel helps with keeping digestion smooth.

Hans

Forum Supporter
In terms of diet:

Fruits depending on ripeness (mangos, plums bananas, grapes)

Honey, maple syrup

Grassfed beef, eggs, milk, cheese

Beef liver weekly, chicken and low-fat fish occasionally

Rice mainly as a starch with one of my meals, and sometimes potatoes (Im currently at 58kg and 172cm so im trying to put on weight)

Ice cream, chocolate

Butter and coconut oil for cooking fats, olive oil sometimes (not cooked)

2-3 times a week I have oatbran for breakfast, recently ive also tried sprouted oats

Ive been having carrots occasionally but I’m planning to go back to doing it daily as I definitely feel its helpful when I’m consistent.

Coke, Redbull

In terms of supplements:

My daily ones are: Vit D, Metavive NDT, Vit K (Life Extension), Vit C, Florassist bacteriophage, magnesium bicarbonate, Ion Biome, digestive enzymes with bigger meals

Ive also recently started a bottle of serrapeptase which im taking daily

A few times weekly: Shilajit, calcium carbonate, vit E, taurine and oxbile

I also made this mixture of black seed, cumin and honey that I sometimes take which I feel helps with keeping digestion smooth.
Where you stressed during this peroid when you did the tests? I assume your LH were also high. So testicular insensitivty with low-ish T and high LH. Also, did you look at rT3? With T3 normal, it would be that your rT3 was high for some reason, such as stress, poor sleep, etc.

OP
F

faisman

Where you stressed during this peroid when you did the tests? I assume your LH were also high. So testicular insensitivty with low-ish T and high LH. Also, did you look at rT3? With T3 normal, it would be that your rT3 was high for some reason, such as stress, poor sleep, etc.
Hi, sorry for the late response, been quite busy lately. I would say yes, I was stressed to some extent and like I said my sleep timings aren't perfect. The lab I tested in charged quite a lot for RT3 and it also takes a longer time for the result to come out so I didn't do it this time.

I guess I will just focus on general health and wellbeing and reducing/controlling stress further as well as sleeping better.

I’ll probably do another lab in a month or two and make sure to get rT3 in there to get a better picture.

Thanks a lot Hans, this was very helpful :)