What you need to know about A1, A2 milk and health

M

member 14952

Pasteurized ?

Any pasteurized milk invariably leads me to retain water because of the inflammation it causes.
Raw milk doesn't lead to this
Interesting. Yes, pasteurised but at 64 degree Celsius for 30 minutes. I don’t know how much that would effect it

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Awesome. I found buffalo milk to be good with no brain fog but I do gain 1.5 kg of water weight when I drink it. Could the other peptide bBCM 9 be the cause? I assume that bifido would help here
How much do you drink of it? Are you have milk instead of other food you used to have? It could be a temporary adjustment the body is undergoing. Do you look poofy or is it a healthy weight gain due to glycogen and hydration for example?

M

member 14952

How much do you drink of it? Are you have milk instead of other food you used to have? It could be a temporary adjustment the body is undergoing. Do you look poofy or is it a healthy weight gain due to glycogen and hydration for example?
Looking slightly poofy. Let’s hope it goes away. Will update. I took out some carbs and had 200g, 200g, and 250g of cheese so far each day. Could be hydration because of the calcium though

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Looking slightly poofy. Let’s hope it goes away. Will update. I took out some carbs and had 200g, 200g, and 250g of cheese so far each day. Could be hydration because of the calcium though
Did your salt intake drop?

blackface

Pasteurized ?

Any pasteurized milk invariably leads me to retain water because of the inflammation it causes.
Raw milk doesn't lead to this problem.
I haved dropped the cheap A1 cow milk and dairy and started do eat only a goat and sheep dairy. Its still pasteurized but the difference is huge. The water retention is reduced and my digestion is much better.

Still wandering what would happened if I would drop the dairy completely as some members suggested. (@olive, @Travis, @CLASH)

O

Omen

@Hans for the past 6 months my health has been in decline and I've been unable to figure things out but recently after leaving my job managed to make some adjustments for the better and things have stabilized thankfully. Digestive enzymes helped me hugely, even though in the past they have messed with my gut.

I had a slight craving for milk the other day and had a glass of warm A2 milk before bed (couple of hours after my last meal). I had my first proper BM the next day and then went a few days without to be careful. Tried it again last night and had a really bad sleep and bad dreams, so wasn't going to bother again for a while but after my second meal had another BM... so now I'm kind of confused if I should continue. I've been chronically constipated so being regular is obviously a very good thing to achieve but my diet doesn't feel very compatible with milk which is why I'm doing it at the end of the day, before bed.

Eating keto at the moment as I haven't been able to tolerate carbs since my gut and intestines declined - currently lots of steamed vegetables, some lean meat, half a dozen eggs and plenty of coconut oil. 3 black coffees spread out over the day. Has been working for me and I obviously plan to expand my diet but my sensitivities have been extremely high the past year or so.

Do you think I should continue the A2 milk and monitor it, or maybe every couple of days?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans for the past 6 months my health has been in decline and I've been unable to figure things out but recently after leaving my job managed to make some adjustments for the better and things have stabilized thankfully. Digestive enzymes helped me hugely, even though in the past they have messed with my gut.

I had a slight craving for milk the other day and had a glass of warm A2 milk before bed (couple of hours after my last meal). I had my first proper BM the next day and then went a few days without to be careful. Tried it again last night and had a really bad sleep and bad dreams, so wasn't going to bother again for a while but after my second meal had another BM... so now I'm kind of confused if I should continue. I've been chronically constipated so being regular is obviously a very good thing to achieve but my diet doesn't feel very compatible with milk which is why I'm doing it at the end of the day, before bed.

Eating keto at the moment as I haven't been able to tolerate carbs since my gut and intestines declined - currently lots of steamed vegetables, some lean meat, half a dozen eggs and plenty of coconut oil. 3 black coffees spread out over the day. Has been working for me and I obviously plan to expand my diet but my sensitivities have been extremely high the past year or so.

Do you think I should continue the A2 milk and monitor it, or maybe every couple of days?
Low vitamin D and calcium can lead to intestinal stasis and constipation. In this case, calcium helps. But certain leafy greens can also be a good source of calcium. E.g. collard greens. You can try milk again, but have it for breakfast instead of before bed.

M

member 14952

So the water weight didn’t drop and I will exclude the buffalo milk from my diet. Very sad but it also started negatively effecting digestion and giving me a running nose.
I will go back to using bone calcium, leafy greens and mineral water. A2 doesn’t work for everyone, as you already said.

M

member 14952

By the way, most calcium supplements I tried didn’t work for me because of them worsening digestion. Citrate, carbonate and Mcha (bone meal, but tolerable). Bones from sardines really hurt and can irritate the intestine. Carbonate, coral, eggshell and citrate even caused me to feel stressed and unwell.
Luckily there’s a German mineral water with 620 mg/litre

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals