All you need to know about LH

L_C

Thank you Hans!

What's causing high LH in women? Are the reasons for high LH the same for both men and women?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you Hans!

What's causing high LH in women? Are the reasons for high LH the same for both men and women?
For the most part it's the same for sure. I haven't researched it at all, so maybe there might be others reasons as well, but I'd definitely focus on the biggest movers, such as diet and lifestyle, toxins, etc.

conrad0602

Really helpful article Hans 👌 last blood test I had showed elevated lh, testosterone and shbg all above the range with in range high free t.. Never been able to make any sense of it or find such a detailed explanation such as this. Nice one.

Aad

Hans, I'm really enjoying your youtube channel! You will reach 100000 subscribers in no time.

Keep pumping out great content my friend!

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Really helpful article Hans 👌 last blood test I had showed elevated lh, testosterone and shbg all above the range with in range high free t.. Never been able to make any sense of it or find such a detailed explanation such as this. Nice one.
Glad you found it helpful. Sounds like hyperthyroidism. Have you tested thyroid hormones?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, I'm really enjoying your youtube channel! You will reach 100000 subscribers in no time.

Keep pumping out great content my friend!
Awesome, glad you enjoy the content! I think you should have a chat with the YT algorithm though. :D

Alexanders

I find this interesting:
Elevated LH in the presence of low or normal testosterone is a problem in itself.

There are LH receptors everywhere in the body, not just in the Leydig cells. Chronically elevated LH (even with normal T) has been associated with both decreased muscle strength and increased cardiovascular disease risk factors (high blood pressure, fasting blood sugar, cholesterol, triglycerides and hsCRP) and ~10-fold increased risk of cardiovascular mortality regardless of where testosterone levels were.

LH is an independent predictor of impaired endothelium function and morphology, which can play a role in atherosclerosis, similar to excess TSH in subclinical hypothyroidism.

LH stimulates aromatase, which enhances the conversion of testosterone to estradiol, and a higher E-to-T ratio is also undesirable for many reasons.
Is it best to keep LH as low as possible, or is there any positive effect of LH itself (other than for creating testosterone)? I’m on TRT so my LH is very low, and maybe I will include HCG in my protocol, which is an LH analogue. Does HCG have the same negative effects as LH? I’ve read it does increase aromatase/estrogen, but other than that?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals