What About Creatine?

Deadpool

Hey guys, I couldn't find much info on RPs opinion on creatine.

As far as I know, it has many health benefits, including increased muscle mass, strength, testosterone and cognitive benefits.

The supplement industry tried selling you the method of loading up with a high dose of creatine for many weeks and then cycling through it for a couple of weeks which only led to digestive problems.

The best way to take it is taking 3 to 5 grams everyday.

It should be safe that way and shouldn't cause any kidney issues if you drink enough water.

But with RPs method, I really stopped drinking a lot.

In the past, I drank up to 2 gallons of water a day and nothing else except some milk but now I know that I took way too much fluids into me and my electrolyte balance was way off.

Now I barely drink straight water but instead about 2 litres of orange juice, 1 or 2 cups of coffee an half a litre of milk. I also upped my salt intake.

I wonder if it's still healthy to take creatine or perhaps even more effective now that I don't drink.

My theory is that I might have been overdrinking in the past which led to me peeing out all the creatine and not retaining any water in my muscles at all. Maybe now it works better as I retain more fluids.

What's your opinion on this. I just ran out of creatine so I wanted to ask you guys now before I buy something that I don't really need.

Lee Simeon

From my experience, a Ray Peat style of eating has increased my need for water and if I would continue with supplementing creatine, I would have to drink hell of a lot.

OP
Deadpool

Deadpool

So Ray Peat eating has actually increased your water intake. Care to explain?

A lot of people write that they drink less and more water makes them feel cold all the time.

I guess there are two major types of people. The people who pee a lot and don't really retain water have to drink less and the people who have to drink more because they are actually dehydrated.

Lee Simeon

So Ray Peat eating has actually increased your water intake. Care to explain?

A lot of people write that they drink less and more water makes them feel cold all the time.

I guess there are two major types of people. The people who pee a lot and don't really retain water have to drink less and the people who have to drink more because they are actually dehydrated.
I think it is because an increased metabolism increases the need for fluids.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals