What are productive ways to release rage?

DMF

Look into a book titles "Boundaries and Relationships" by Dr.Charles Whitfield.

DMF

Rage is never constructive. Getting loud or physical with the person that is causing your anger is the only way to truly move on
Narcissists can't be confronted. They won't or can't listen nor understand - that's precisely what makes them narcissistic in the first place.

baudoman

Hey OP,
I hear ya and people have given some great ideas.

I believe Inner Child work has the potential to heal on many levels, including the challenges you're facing.

Check this out:

Basically, connecting with yourself through your non-dominant hand:
Write down a question with your dominant hand (i.e. right hand), such as "Why am I so angry?", then respond in writing using your non-dominant hand (i.e. left hand).

That's your inner child responding.

Nomane Euger

Short version:

Discovering I had an abusive childhood with a narcissist mother. I have a lot of repressed rage. A lot.

Besides blogging, which I had been doing a lot of, what are good ways to release rage.

I don't mean things like "working out" or "smashing plates" or whatever. I don't mean things that temporarily make you feel good so you forget you're angry.

I hear about Steve Jobs who was frustrated at his mother for adopting him out and this rage ultimately produced his cancer -- supposedly -- I mean who knows.
hi, from my experience the best way to get rid of a rage feeling is either changing/influencing the thing/phenomenon/person that cause you the rage, up until it reach a state that do not cause you rage any longer,

or not exposing yourself/less exposing your self to the rage cause if you dont have the energy/ability to influence it at a given moment/period

improving energy will help you feel less negatives emotions including rage, and allow you to get rid of it way quicker once it has been experienced,improving your dreams is one of the best ways to get rid of negatives emotions, i have personally felt certains specific negatives emotions from. 8 years old to 24 years old, most of these went away when i woke up from an 2 hours exeptional dreaming session toward the end of my sleep

high energy high empathy high playfullness high optimism state,
and high energy higher stoicism and accesory higher playfullness into competitivity are the 2 best states to get rid of any negative emotion from the past,to experience less new ones, and to deal with the cause of it if necessary

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

sounds like yr mom is having cooping problems, cannot admit mistakes, is cognitive dissonant, unreasonable and narcisistic.

Best to distance yourself. I wonder if slipping some mdma in a drink of a narcist and to talk then could work therapeutical. hmz

PeskyPeater

it is very difficult to change the other personse perspective in this case.
it more effective to change your perspective of that person.
lets imagine the narcisist is untreatable and behaves like a stupid child and now lost skills to be a decent reasonable person with potential. This should make you feel sad about this person and may lose the authoritarian view you had of this person. Allowing yourself to feel sad and accepting how pathetic they are can shift your position up the ladder of hierachy and set that person below you. making it easier to distance yourself from the hold of that persons virtual chains on you

Nomane Euger

it is very difficult to change the other personse perspective in this case.
it more effective to change your perspective of that person.
lets imagine the narcisist is untreatable and behaves like a stupid child and now lost skills to be a decent reasonable person with potential. This should make you feel sad about this person and may lose the authoritarian view you had of this person. Allowing yourself to feel sad and accepting how pathetic they are can shift your position up the ladder of hierachy and set that person below you. making it easier to distance yourself from the hold of that persons virtual chains on you
hi,it can be very easy to change a person's tendencies including a higher tendency to "narcissism" ,
if you have experienced fluctuations in your degree of "narcissism" yourself, incidentally in others, and have identified the factors who have the most influence, then you just have to influence the person to experiment with these factors, and if they feel better and it's not too laborious, they will continue

PeskyPeater

@Nomane Euger yeah I may be easy, if you can make the person aware of in the right way, so they can see their error.

But not when someones very cognitive dissonant, and the're holding on to a [twisted] piece of themselfs to stay alive preventing a major breakdown. As a form of cooping they delude themselfs and build irrational barriers.

JessicaBaker

Something that helped me in the past is finding a physical outlet for my emotions, such as boxing or kickboxing. Investing in a heavy bag for your apartment can be a great way to release pent-up anger in a controlled and safe environment. Another option could be finding a form of therapy that allows you to express and process your emotions in a healthy way. It's important to find what works for you and to remember that it's okay to feel angry, but it's important to find healthy ways to cope with those emotions. Best of luck on your journey!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals