Weaker men in professional sports now as well? Less Resilience in men…

Peatful

Interesting Video put up on YouTube. What do you guys think, you think guys in the NFL diets aren’t optimal for their out-put, as well maybe these guys have less androgens and pro metabolic bodies to sustain for their performance?

View: https://youtu.be/rML_6qXHT2A?si=zVYBCGi3i2Kz0NZb

Was just literally talking about this yesterday

I’m at work and this is voice recognition but I wanted to chime in

We were talking about the smallness of Bryce Young and how he got hurt
And I brought up the fancy ketogenic diet that Tom Brady was on and lost all of his muscle mass

Nor does Aaron Rodgers look healthy to me anymore, either

Tim Tebow is the only keto guy I know that kept mass

I look forward to watching the video even though I’m not a Chad fan

OP
VitD

VitD

Was just literally talking about this yesterday

I’m at work and this is voice recognition but I wanted to chime in

We were talking about the smallness of Bryce Young and how he got hurt
And I brought up the fancy ketogenic diet that Tom Brady was on and lost all of his muscle mass

Nor does Aaron Rodgers look healthy to me anymore, either

Tim Tebow is the only keto guy I know that kept mass

I look forward to watching the video even though I’m not a Chad fan
Ya I just honestly thought it was pretty interesting, I know Chad ate McDonalds before games, but this over dieting in high performance explosive sport like football seems to be a big detriment. So McDonalds may not be a bad choice if you have a rapid fire metabolism to correctly use McDonalds as fuel ha

Peatful

Ya I just honestly thought it was pretty interesting, I know Chad ate McDonalds before games, but this over dieting in high performance explosive sport like football seems to be a big detriment. So McDonalds may not be a bad choice if you have a rapid fire metabolism to correctly use McDonalds as fuel ha
Don't sleep on kcals

“Educated” people
Rich people
“Healthy” people
Are afraid of food

Psy ops….

Remember what Michael Phelps ate?
10,000 kcal a day
It was astonishing
But he was elite
And lean
And a champion

Runenight201

In no world is junk food optimal for performance. I saw a quote from a sport scientist on this exact topic who put it nicely, “Chad Johnson was exceptional in spite of his diet, not because of it”

The only time junk food would be beneficial is if an athlete was underfed, in which case, even appropriate amount of junk calories is better for performance than too little good calories.

No high performance explosive athlete should be on a ketogenic diet. In order for those max bout efforts, the body will perform at a higher level when utilizing carbohydrates as the fuel source as opposed to fat.

OP
VitD

VitD

In no world is junk food optimal for performance. I saw a quote from a sport scientist on this exact topic who put it nicely, “Chad Johnson was exceptional in spite of his diet, not because of it”

The only time junk food would be beneficial is if an athlete was underfed, in which case, even appropriate amount of junk calories is better for performance than too little good calories.

No high performance explosive athlete should be on a ketogenic diet. In order for those max bout efforts, the body will perform at a higher level when utilizing carbohydrates as the fuel source as opposed to fat.
Ya not a bad point, I agree with most of your points.
From speaking into a metabolical standpoint if someone is a freak athlete and performs phenomenally after a milkshake from Wendy’s, and that’s a ritual for them than I wouldn’t change what they are doing, but yes in the reality of most average folks wouldn’t benefit from Chad O’cho’s advice or way of eating probably wouldn’t work. The only reason junk food may work for some top teir athletes is the availability and convince which it gives them and abundance of calories quickly. I’m not sure about digestibility but caloric density and their hormonal profile probably will lead them to either take care of the junk food or absolutely make them feel like dog ***t. Yet unless feeling like dog ***t is their norm, but most athletes I’m assuming are very in tune with their body(I hope at least).

Runenight201

Ya not a bad point, I agree with most of your points.
From speaking into a metabolical standpoint if someone is a freak athlete and performs phenomenally after a milkshake from Wendy’s, and that’s a ritual for them than I wouldn’t change what they are doing, but yes in the reality of most average folks wouldn’t benefit from Chad O’cho’s advice or way of eating probably wouldn’t work. The only reason junk food may work for some top teir athletes is the availability and convince which it gives them and abundance of calories quickly. I’m not sure about digestibility but caloric density and their hormonal profile probably will lead them to either take care of the junk food or absolutely make them feel like dog ***t. Yet unless feeling like dog ***t is their norm, but most athletes I’m assuming are very in tune with their body(I hope at least).

Yea it’d be nice to fix my metabolism so that I can just demolish some McDonald’s and move on with my day, but I heard Chad’s message and went through a mini dgaf period of eating fast food thinking I could do the same and I only felt like ***t the whole time.

It’s definitely not good advice for people looking to optimize health or for people who are metabolically sick.

OP
VitD

VitD

Yea it’d be nice to fix my metabolism so that I can just demolish some McDonald’s and move on with my day, but I heard Chad’s message and went through a mini dgaf period of eating fast food thinking I could do the same and I only felt like ***t the whole time.

It’s definitely not good advice for people looking to optimize health or for people who are metabolically sick.
Yea I get ya definitely not solid advice couldn’t have said it better. I did the same when I thought anything that I ate that warmed up my body temp was optimal, but I ended up feeling like ***t as well. Nothing beats solid nutrient dense foods and proper calories to get you feeling robust

Runenight201

Yea I get ya definitely not solid advice couldn’t have said it better. I did the same when I thought anything that I ate that warmed up my body temp was optimal, but I ended up feeling like ***t as well. Nothing beats solid nutrient dense foods and proper calories to get you feeling robust

ay we live and we learn. As long as what we don’t doesn’t end up killing us it’s all important steps in the journey!

Peatful

I watched it

Chad was tolerable
And made some good points
Shannon was fcking insufferable

But
What I said above is what I believe

For these athletes
More kcal is foundational
Not “drinking the green stuff”

Here’s Phelps during his career
He was eating 12,000 kcal a day
Lots of breads, pizzas and pastas

FAEF102E-0074-4941-96B7-E75F78451E32.jpeg

shanny

Forum Supporter

I 100% agree about the keto bull****. That will ruin any explosive athlete in a hot minute!

However, I have to say I have worked with athletes my whole career (some professional and some amateur) and they eat like absolute garbage by health standards. McDonalds, Nesquick, Poptarts, bags and bags of candy. I have seen countless NBA videos that LeBron teammates talk about how atrocious his diet is. Usain Bolt ate chicken nuggets before he would win a gold medal. DK Metcalf eats bags and bags of candy and drinks Nesquick.

I think theres a lot at play here regarding why they are able to do that and some of us are not. They are not storing these PUFA's. They are burning through them at a rapid-fire rate. I do believe if they became sedentary, they would have to clean it up a bit or they would blow up. These processed foods are exactly that. So processed that they are easily and quickly digested, which is why athletes eat them. I also think it's a mindset. They aren't worried about gaining weight or thinking about they type of fat they are eating. They are just eating the food and going out and burning it off. Sometimes in the name of health we are overthinking things so much what we believe becomes a reality. I definitely did that in the beginning of my recovery!

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just adding my experiences. The happiest and most well-adjusted athletes I've worked with are not super dialed in to their diet. The ones I've worked with that are obsessed about their diet, their oura ring and their sleep cycle the night before are mostly neurotic head-cases that are constantly injured.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmRIlVMzYiM

OP
VitD

VitD

I 100% agree about the keto bull****. That will ruin any explosive athlete in a hot minute!

However, I have to say I have worked with athletes my whole career (some professional and some amateur) and they eat like absolute garbage by health standards. McDonalds, Nesquick, Poptarts, bags and bags of candy. I have seen countless NBA videos that LeBron teammates talk about how atrocious his diet is. Usain Bolt ate chicken nuggets before he would win a gold medal. DK Metcalf eats bags and bags of candy and drinks Nesquick.

I think theres a lot at play here regarding why they are able to do that and some of us are not. They are not storing these PUFA's. They are burning through them at a rapid-fire rate. I do believe if they became sedentary, they would have to clean it up a bit or they would blow up. These processed foods are exactly that. So processed that they are easily and quickly digested, which is why athletes eat them. I also think it's a mindset. They aren't worried about gaining weight or thinking about they type of fat they are eating. They are just eating the food and going out and burning it off. Sometimes in the name of health we are overthinking things so much what we believe becomes a reality. I definitely did that in the beginning of my recovery!

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just adding my experiences. The happiest and most well-adjusted athletes I've worked with are not super dialed in to their diet. The ones I've worked with that are obsessed about their diet, their oura ring and their sleep cycle the night before are mostly neurotic head-cases that are constantly injured.

Awesome thanks for the perspective @shanny interesting their sleep was so off. Over stressing on the little stuff. Funny some of my leanest friends eat like “crap”, candy, soda work food, and they sustain a pretty good body composition. We are also 25 so are metabolic gear is still functioning semi well, also age definitely plays a role, as well as stress. Most prime athletes are in their early 20’s-30’s.

Peatful

DK did say 3-4 bags of gummies
So gelatin heavy yes

So what is your theory on Matt Stonie?
I find him fascinating
Should be talked about more on the forum
But too much orthorexia me thinks

Then I rabblt hole down on mukbang eaters…
But I digress

B4439CA0-8416-48CB-84A9-1E925D3A28AB.png

OP
VitD

VitD

DK did say 3-4 bags of gummies
So gelatin heavy yes

I find him fascinating
Should be talked about more on the forum
But too much orthorexia me thinks

Then I rabblt hole down on mukbang eaters…
But I digress

View attachment 55994
That photo doe ha! Dudes a glizzy machine

Dapose

Forum Supporter
Michael Jordan ate a big steak before every game for the better part of his high output career. Yeah, pretty f’ing amazing career too.
🥩 🏀

shanny

Forum Supporter
Michael Jordan ate a big steak before every game for the better part of his high output career. Yeah, pretty f’ing amazing career too.
🥩 🏀
And drank hard liquor, gambled and smoked cigars before games. I think it was in his documentary where opponents guarding him would say he still smelled like alcohol and cigars at the start of the game. I think he also drank a coffee before every game. Absolute legend.

shanny

Forum Supporter
I watched a few of his videos, reminds me of my Labrador retriever eating his dinner. lol. I would love a crack at the ice cream cookie bowl!

I think the mind is a pretty powerful thing. These people have the same mindset that professional athletes have. It's probably no coincidence that the same athletes we were referring to can also pretty much eat what they want. The worst thing for weight is stressing about it, or mental stress in general. Matt Stonie looks like a pretty chill dude, and eating like that I bet he sleeps like a baby!

Dapose

Forum Supporter
And drank hard liquor, gambled and smoked cigars before games. I think it was in his documentary where opponents guarding him would say he still smelled like alcohol and cigars at the start of the game. I think he also drank a coffee before every game. Absolute legend.

I just finished my cigar an hour ago and ate a steak with some Parmesan for dinner!
I wanna be, I wanna like Mike!
😆 swish!

Michael Mohn

In no world is junk food optimal for performance.
What exactly is junk food then?
I saw a quote from a sport scientist on this exact topic who put it nicely, “Chad Johnson was exceptional in spite of his diet, not because of it”

A lot of athletes struggle to eat enough calories once they go over a certain food intake. Highly palpable & processed foods help to fuel high performance, as a supplement, sort of.
Familiarity with foods is an important factor too. Usain Bolt said he ate MD's nuggets and coke during his competition because he was afraid the unfamiliar food in Korea might affect his performance negatively.
Agreed, keto for athletes is just pure madness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals