Ways To Decrease Inflammation

benaoao

Yes great advice, I don’t think DHA should be blacklisted anyway. But I’m always wary of the “quality” of the krill/fish oil supplements

BingDing

High Quality Krill Oil has some very potent anti-inflammatory results and I've seen it make some dramatic improvements in bloodwork.. much more potent that fish oil.. however I believe this still falls into the PUFA category. But half a gram of PUFA might be worth the benefit depending on the individual....

The received wisdom is that PUFA reduces inflammation by suppressing the immune system. It just doesn't work in the long run.

My 2 cents.

A little background behind my story; I had a severe back injury a couple months ago and my doctor prescribed a plethora of prescription meds and although they helped, the mental effects were too much to handle. This began my search for alternatives and what I stumbled upon was CBD. I found a brand called Quanta that sells CBD in vape form and ever since using CBD my pain has been substantially reduced without the hazy side effects. If anyone is in a similar situation and sees this post I highly recommend just giving it a try!

Cannabinoids in CBD oil look like anandamide that is released in inflammation, and can therefore stimulate cannabinoid receptors to work anti-inflammatory.
Also the enzyme that inhibits anandamide from breaking down, or FAAH inhibitors, into arachidonic acid and ethanolamine, elevate anandamide levels and decrease inflammation. It is possible that cannabinoids are also FAAH inhibitors. Black pepper also does this.
And COX-2 inhibitors also inhibit the breakdown of anandamide, it is possible that CBD oil also has this function. Aspirin also does this.
And CBD oil could also work via TRPV1 receptors, to inhibit uptake of anandamide. Capsaicin in chilipeppers also works on TRPV1 to desensitize it, and capsaicin also depletes Substance P to reduce pain.

So in theory you can combine CBD with black peppers/piperine plus chili peppers/capsaicin, with aspirin for an synergetic anti-inflammatory painkilling effect.

Fatty Acid-binding Proteins (FABPs) Are Intracellular Carriers for Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD)
http://www.jbc.org/content/290/14/8711.full.html
"Recent reports suggest that CBD and THC elevate the levels of the endocannabinoid anandamide (AEA) when administered to humans, suggesting that phytocannabinoids target cellular proteins involved in endocannabinoid clearance. Fatty acid-binding proteins (FABPs) are intracellular proteins that mediate AEA transport to its catabolic enzyme fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH). By computational analysis and ligand displacement assays, we show that at least three human FABPs bind THC and CBD and demonstrate that THC and CBD inhibit the cellular uptake and catabolism of AEA by targeting FABPs."
"Furthermore, we show that in contrast to rodent FAAH, CBD does not inhibit the enzymatic actions of human FAAH, and thus FAAH inhibition cannot account for the observed increase in circulating AEA in humans following CBD consumption. Using computational molecular docking and site-directed mutagenesis we identify key residues within the active site of FAAH that confer the species-specific sensitivity to inhibition by CBD. Competition for FABPs may in part or wholly explain the increased circulating levels of endocannabinoids reported after consumption of cannabinoids. These data shed light on the mechanism of action of CBD in modulating the endocannabinoid tone in vivo and may explain, in part, its reported efficacy toward epilepsy and other neurological disorders."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals