Ways To Decrease Inflammation

beachbum

Hi all

Can you give ways to reduce inflammation or link a thread I overlooked. Not sure if this is in coorect place.

Thank you very much.

T

tca300

I asked Ray this question a while ago.

" If I may ask a quick question. In your opinion, what specifically, are the most anti-inflammatory substances a person could use or take? Thank you!" ~ Me

" Some of the most potent are also destructive to all tissues. The safest are sugar, aspirin, pregnenolone, DHEA, progesterone, thyroid hormone, lidocaine, testosterone, and food sources of magnesium and calcium. " ~ Ray Peat

paymanz

Improving thyroid hormones function/level.and keeping tsh low.

Keeping free fatty acid low.lower fat intake.

Vitamin d, and keeping good phosphate to calcium ratio in diyet to control PTH.

Red light.

Raw carrot salad.and conteolind endotoxin in digestive system, avoiding fermentable material,etc.

Also spices that x-ray peat mentioned.

Edit:gelatin and taurin also have good anti inflammatory effects.

Last edited:
OP
beachbum

beachbum

" If I may ask a quick question. In your opinion, what specifically, are the most anti-inflammatory substances a person could use or take? Thank you!" ~ Me

If you look away from this site they say sugar, starch, blah blah blah. I read also glycine/bone broth, taking care of gut issues. I did also read reducing iron helps inflammation.

" Some of the most potent are also destructive to all tissues. The safest are sugar, aspirin, pregnenolone, DHEA, progesterone, thyroid hormone, lidocaine, testosterone, and food sources of magnesium and calcium. " ~ Ray Peat

For starters for me I am going to start with plan:
reduce iron with cilantro
vitamin D oh yeah read RP saying this helps inflammation, I not sure with this because when I was taking with vit k (that was another RP mentioned in one of his articles) I get sleepy and next day achy joints and mucsles..go figure..my theroy is it my mess with estrogen first.
glycine ..bone broth
calcium to phos ratio 1.1 or 2.1
cascara sagrada
multi b vitamins...maybe because they funk me out

I will add may not be related but the past 2 nights I have been taking 15mg zinc and would fall asleep within an hour..amazing and sleep longer, I wake up from night sweats, like I have been working for hours with a dry mouth, thristy and sweating. I tend to have sleep apnea, never tested for it but when you gasp for air every so often and wake up from it I think I def. have it. The zinc has been helpping.

What you posted to I may use like pregnenolone and maybe Dhea. I already use about 500mg of progesterone. Interesting about the lido.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Wow... lol. by the time I posted there were some many replies and thank you so much.
I just started aspirin but does that keep you from losing fat..not sure if I read that right some where. I use magnesium more lately.

Last edited:
OP
beachbum

beachbum

Improving thyroid hormones function/level.and keeping tsh low.

Keeping free fatty acid low.lower fat intake.

Vitamin d, and keeping good phosphate to calcium ratio in diyet to control PTH.

Red light.

Raw carrot salad.and conteolind endotoxin in digestive system, avoiding fermentable material,etc.

Edit:gelatin and taurin also have good anti inflammatory effects.

Funny how you mentioned alot of stomach related stuff.. I believe gut health is extremely important. As for fermented foods, the worse on for me is yogurt. broke out, massive migrane, neck pain and varous muscle and joint pain.. the worse feeling from it.. Now raw onion just cutting them mess me up some. Bone broth is on my list.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Nicotine is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
Interesting..I do smoke but Im guess just the nicotine part..huh. I do get relaxed and tired when I smoke.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Lol.. wow.. tca300 I thought you were asking me that question then just realized it was to RP. Lol I feel dumb

Parsifal

I don't remember Ray talking about spices in a good light, I think he said they are cytotoxic.

Regarding inflammation, it depends of what type of inflammation we are talking about. Context is everything.

Mito

edit: curcumin, ginger and vitamin C not RP approved
Why do you say Curcumin is not RP approved? From Ray's January newsletter "Several of the flavonoids of fruits and vegetables (rutin, naringin, hesperitin, apigenin, fisetin, luteolin, quercetin, curcumin) have a catalytic prooxidant effect similar to that of Vitamin C and aspirin.

paymanz

I don't remember Ray talking about spices in a good light, I think he said they are cytotoxic.

Regarding inflammation, it depends of what type of inflammation we are talking about. Context is everything.
Recently raypeatclips emailed him and he said good thing about them in reply, check the email/advice section.

Also he likes saffron, in a email he responded to me he said it.I copy pasted that also in the section.

I agree with you on last part of your comment.

x-ray peat

Why do you say Curcumin is not RP approved? From Ray's January newsletter "Several of the flavonoids of fruits and vegetables (rutin, naringin, hesperitin, apigenin, fisetin, luteolin, quercetin, curcumin) have a catalytic prooxidant effect similar to that of Vitamin C and aspirin.
its been shown to be anti-thyroid as well as serotonergic
Age-dependent different action of curcumin in thyroid of rat. - PubMed - NCBI
The antidepressant effects of curcumin in the forced swimming test involve 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 receptors. - PubMed - NCBI

tara

I tend to have sleep apnea, never tested for it but when you gasp for air every so often and wake up from it I think I def. have it.
I can't remember if you've said before whether tried mechanical means to keep your mouth shut at night to help conserve CO2? I think this can affect fluid control, which might be related in some way to inflammation?