New Serious Attempt With Niacinamide. Help Needed Badly

OP
S

Simba1992

Anybody suffering from RA owes it to themselves to try thyroid. My personal suggestion is @haidut 's tyromix.

Thank you for your reply. I have ordered the T3 from haidut, but haven't dared to try it before having my bloods drawn. I started out from a AIP crash situation in July with hypoglycemia, high colesterol and nearly no chortisol. Been getting my energy back through peating and feel much better even though stiffness and pain persists. Would like to try thyroid but maybe should wait to see blood results?

OP
S

Simba1992

Thank you for your reply. I have ordered the T3 from haidut, but haven't dared to try it before having my bloods drawn. I started out from a AIP crash situation in July with hypoglycemia, high colesterol and nearly no chortisol. Been getting my energy back through peating and feel much better even though stiffness and pain persists. Would like to try thyroid but maybe should wait to see blood results?

Sorry meant high cortisol and nearly no cholesterol!

managing

Slow and cautious is never a bad approach. But does anybody know of circumstances in which thyroid is not beneficial to RA?

OP
S

Simba1992

Slow and cautious is never a bad approach. But does anybody know of circumstances in which thyroid is not beneficial to RA?

Since everything seems to point to it being beneficial for RA, perhaps I could just take a tiny bit of T3?To see if it would have any effect.

managing

Since everything seems to point to it being beneficial for RA, perhaps I could just take a tiny bit of T3?To see if it would have any effect.
In my experience it takes at least 3-4 days of consistent dosing. I use tyromix, sounds like you have tyronene (isn't that what haidut's t3 is called?). Others might give better advice on how to use.

OP
S

Simba1992

In my experience it takes at least 3-4 days of consistent dosing. I use tyromix, sounds like you have tyronene (isn't that what haidut's t3 is called?). Others might give better advice on how to use.
Thank you for the reply, yes I have the tyronene and have understood that the drop dose should be lower(?)Can you delute it in water. When should it be taken? With food? Morning? Evening?Yes I do need some help with this;)

managing

Thank you for the reply, yes I have the tyronene and have understood that the drop dose should be lower(?)Can you delute it in water. When should it be taken? With food? Morning? Evening?Yes I do need some help with this;)
Absolutely with food. I take Tyromix with each meal. T3 between meals is sometimes advocated in very small doses, but I've never found it necessary and always find it leaves me feeling weak and hungry if I even nibble a cynomel. There is discussion on the tyronene thread of how to use. Better advice than I can give.

OP
S

Simba1992

Absolutely with food. I take Tyromix with each meal. T3 between meals is sometimes advocated in very small doses, but I've never found it necessary and always find it leaves me feeling weak and hungry if I even nibble a cynomel. There is discussion on the tyronene thread of how to use. Better advice than I can give.

Thanks I'll have a look!

OP
S

Simba1992

When I first tried a Peat diet I developed arthritis. That's so interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I do get very confused! OJ feels quite good for my arthritis. I am experimenting now with leaving all dairy for a month to see if any effect. After starting Peats diet my symptoms have not eased.Fixing my hypoglycemia was important from the start so carbs were central, had hoped I'd be able to get much of protein from dairy but this may be a bad idea for arthritis. Well hope I'm wiser after a month. Thank you for your reply.

Memento

I just noticed that niacinamide might irritate my gut enough to make it permeable for food allergens. For a few months I had very good bowel function and dairy tolerance, but after restarting frequent dosing of niacinamide I have my old symptoms back. Muscle pain, joint pain, skin issues, constipation etc.

OP
S

Simba1992

I just noticed that niacinamide might irritate my gut enough to make it permeable for food allergens. For a few months I had very good bowel function and dairy tolerance, but after restarting frequent dosing of niacinamide I have my old symptoms back. Muscle pain, joint pain, skin issues, constipation etc.

I am also giving niacinamide an other go. Now taking 500mg in the morning and 500mg at bedtime, trying still to get up to at least 3000mg. I have noticed constipation too but as for pains and symptoms ( now 2weeks without dairy, perhaps a bit less pain).

tomisonbottom

I just want to warn you that high doses of niacinamide are going to shut down your methylation and deplete methyl donors.
This will prevent breakdown of adrenaline, estrogen and histamine and also lead to endothelial dysfunction.
If your estrogen builds up, your RA will feel better because estrogen = ceruloplasmin and ceruloplasmin protects from arthritis, but estrogen slows your metabolism.
Body can only afford to raise estrogen (ceruloplasmin) without negative consequences when your metabolism is high.

Can you elaborate on this?

Is there a study you can reference, or is this personal experience?
Thanks

opiath

Can you elaborate on this?

Is there a study you can reference, or is this personal experience?
Thanks

When you consume niacinamide and the body doesn't need it it has to go through methylation so it can be deactivated.
This drains methionine and SAMe and increases homocysteine which in turn drains folate, b12 and choline. The higher the dose of NAD the higher the drain.

Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase - Wikipedia
Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives. - PubMed - NCBI
Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
S

Simba1992

When you consume niacinamide and the body doesn't need it it has to go through methylation so it can be deactivated.
This drains methionine and SAMe and increases homocysteine which in turn drains folate, b12 and choline. The higher the dose of NAD the higher the drain.

Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase - Wikipedia
Excess nicotinamide inhibits methylation-mediated degradation of catecholamines in normotensives and hypertensives. - PubMed - NCBI
Excess nicotinamide increases plasma serotonin and histamine levels. - PubMed - NCBI

Thank you for this. Really interesting. Still lots to understand on why the high B3 works for so many to reduce pain and inflammation. I'm evidently not one of them, nausea made me stop.