Chronic low grade inflammation

MrT

Hi,

I recently found Ray Pete's articles about serotonin and inflammation and things clicked in my head.

I suffer from low-grade depression and autism-like symptoms. For example, when my CRP was high, I wasn't able to understand subtelties of human communication, things like body language, tone were "unavailable" to me.

I feel best in two situations:
- feeling love
- under influence of LSD / psilocybin

Now my CRP is almost 0, but I still feel shitty and not 100% functional. Love and LSD have at least ;) one thing in common: they lower serotonin and inflammation.

I respond very well to:
- ginseng
- blueberries
- grapes
- CoQ10+ALA+ellagic acid+antioxidants (enhaced mitochondria functioning)

These supplements either help mitochondria "breathe" or helps with antioxidants, so they lower inflammation. I don't know how to proceed and heal myself 100% - I don't know what the problem is.

If I could "replicate" the effects os PSY/LSD without the hallucinogenic part, it would cure me 100% from whatever my problem is.

Any ideas what to do? Is inflammation cause of high serotonin, or high serotonin produces inflammation? Which way is it?

tara

:welcome MrT

MrT said:
post 102128
I feel best in two situations:
- feeling love

Don't we all. :)

I'd recommend:
- Read/listen to more of Peat's articles/interviews - helps to get a better understanding of how he sees things health-wise to be related.
- Measure body temps and pulse a few time, and consider whether you have any other low metabolism/low thyroid symptoms. Having lower base metabolism can set us up to need stress hormones more often. In this case, meeting the bodies basic needs and getting general metabolism up can help lower stress, and therefore stress hormones, including serotonin.
- Minimise consumption of polyunsaturated fats - esp. liquid vege oils
- Check a typical day's diet to see how well it covers normal nutrient needs - including calories, protein, minerals, vitamins. Peat usually recommends 80-100 g protein for people with low thyroid function, strongly favours saturated fats ove unsaturated, sugars from fruits ad milk etc over primarily starch carbs, more calcium than phosphorus. Some fruits contain more serotonin in them than others - IIRC, bananas, pineapple, plums, kiwi are amongst them. You probably don't need to completely avoid them, but maybe not make them major staples. (Some of us use cronometer, but it tends to underestimate calories needed for good metabolism, etc.)
- Get regular sunlight on your skin.
- Check whether your breathing is habitually relaxed, nasal, diaphragmatic, or tense, thoracic/clavicular, and through the mouth.

Serotonin is a stress hormone. Various things can affect the levels. For instance, Peat has mentioned:
- Since most serotonin is made in the gut, and things that aggravate the gut stimulate serotonin production (to help move offending matter out), figuring out if there are things you are eating that bother it may help.
- The ratio of amino acids in the protein you eat - tryptophan converts to serotonin under some conditions.
Look up existing threads about lowering serotonin.

Once reasonable nutrition is in place, and you've checked basic metabolic signs, you may or may not want/need more tactics. There are more ideas here for supporting good mitochondrial energy production, eg some people drink coffee, supplement particular minerals or vitamins, and/or use aspirin. Some people get benefit from anti-serotonin medicines that may be related to LSD and it's derivatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals