How To Speed Up Removal Of Biofilm In Arterial Plaque?

GAF

Wolman disease is a rare genetic disorder characterized by complete absence of the lysosomal acid lipase enzyme. It is often fatal within the first six months of life. Without the LIPA enzyme, certain lipids may abnormally accumulate in the tissues and organs of the body causing a variety of symptoms.

CESD is the later onset of wolmans and it's not rare, it's the common cause of hardening of arteries. It's the lack of LAL enzyme... pancreas issue...

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Wolman disease is a rare genetic disorder characterized by complete absence of the lysosomal acid lipase enzyme. It is often fatal within the first six months of life. Without the LIPA enzyme, certain lipids may abnormally accumulate in the tissues and organs of the body causing a variety of symptoms.

CESD is the later onset of wolmans and it's not rare, it's the common cause of hardening of arteries. It's the lack of LAL enzyme... pancreas issue...

Thanks GAF. I suppose Wolman's and CESD are extreme manifestations of cholesteryl ester deposits, but atherosclerosis is a milder if not less recognized form of a similar pathology. I would not know if I have atherosclerosis unless I submit to an invasive test, but I assume I'm affected in one way or another, especially at the capillary level, and probably on the kidney level. So it may help for me to take a cyclodextrin-based product, and perhaps use vitamin E concurrently.

GAF

I agree. That's my theory too. But I also got some lamb lipase and pancreatic enzymes to go along with the cyclo dextrin. I need more research into pancreas and these enzymes. In other posts i referred to a LAL replacement Rx that is super expensive ripoff scheme. We need to figure out LAL.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I agree. That's my theory too. But I also got some lamb lipase and pancreatic enzymes to go along with the cyclo dextrin. I need more research into pancreas and these enzymes. In other posts i referred to a LAL replacement Rx that is super expensive ripoff scheme. We need to figure out LAL.
Great that we're thinking along the same line. It's interesting that you have enzymes included, as I also have. I've ordered some ZymEssence by Dr. Wong but they're all proteolytic. I may also use an electrolyte blend that would work towards improving the zeta potential of blood. This may help in the event those plaques come off as I want to make sure this lessens the chance of agglomeration of particles that may lead to embolism. And then there's the matter of how to sequence these substances. I'll probably start with increasing the zeta potential of blood, and then ease in the enzymes and the cyclodextrin/vitamin E.

Re the LAL replacement Rx, I thought the patent you linked to is a good starting point, where cyclodextrin is used concurrent with vitamin E. It's vague on details though.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

hmmm - I am going to suggest the Master Cleanse Lemonade recipe with lots of cayenne , tart cherry juice and and product called https://www.amazon.com/ChlorOxygen-Chlorophyll-Concentrate-Dietary-Supplement-x/dp/B000Q3BZOQ
Thanks danishispsychic! It may help. The lemon juice has potassium citrate (which is the main part of the electrolyte blend for improving zeta potential), cayenne is anti-inflammatory, and the tart cherry juice if I'm not mistaken has tannins and phenols that have descaling properties. Not sure what the ChlorOxygen does though. What are your thoughts?

GAF

I haven't seen anything that says why the cyclo dextrin works for this issue. The researchers probably have no idea. The primary failure is enzyme related. Maybe the cyclo dextrin helps the lipase enzymes get to the right spots.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I haven't seen anything that says why the cyclo dextrin works for this issue. The researchers probably have no idea. The primary failure is enzyme related. Maybe the cyclo dextrin helps the lipase enzymes get to the right spots.
I think it's the beta cyclodextrine that works best, not the alpha nor the gamma, which are used for food as they have no safe limit. And has to do with it having both hydrophobic and hydrophilic portion. But other than that, I also don't have a clue.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Only 12 mins long

Thank you.

The links provided in the comment section of the video:

https://759241a66b89-003789.vbullet...se/626-cyclodextrin-reversing-arterial-plaque
Cyclodextrin promotes atherosclerosis regression via macrophage reprogramming
Preclinical Reversal of Atherosclerosis by FDA-Approved Compound that Transforms Cholesterol into an Anti-Inflammatory "Prodrug". - PubMed - NCBI

This wikipedia page on macrophages Macrophage - Wikipedia is very informative as to the nature and contents of plaque. In reading it, I get the sense that knowing its nature gives us an understanding of how to overcome it. But it's not an easy task, as it seems to be rife with gotchas, given that when plaque are pried loose, they could form chunks that block vessels and cause greater harm. What if the chunks come from the larger vessels and the downstream vessels are smaller vessels? Wouldn't this lead to blockage? I think that if anything caution is in order. Perhaps it's better to just go with very low dosage, such that the only chunks pried off, if ever, are coming from capillaries. In larger vessels, the dosage would only lead to a gradual erosion of the plaque, and this would be safer.

In my case, where removal of plaque from the glomerular capillaries is the aim, it would be the only needed dosage level. The next question is what dosage level of cyclodextrin would be low and safe enough? I'm referring to 2-hydroxypropyl beta-cyclodextrin, which was mentioned in the above linked studies.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

This wikipedia page on macrophages Macrophage - Wikipedia is very informative as to the nature and contents of plaque. In reading it, I get the sense that knowing its nature gives us an understanding of how to overcome it. But it's not an easy task, as it seems to be rife with gotchas, given that when plaque are pried loose, they could form chunks that block vessels and cause greater harm. What if the chunks come from the larger vessels and the downstream vessels are smaller vessels? Wouldn't this lead to blockage? I think that if anything caution is in order. Perhaps it's better to just go with very low dosage, such that the only chunks pried off, if ever, are coming from capillaries. In larger vessels, the dosage would only lead to a gradual erosion of the plaque, and this would be safer.

In my case, where removal of plaque from the glomerular capillaries is the aim, it would be the only needed dosage level. The next question is what dosage level of cyclodextrin would be low and safe enough? I'm referring to 2-hydroxypropyl beta-cyclodextrin, which was mentioned in the above linked studies.

I was replacing this section before the edit time expired and then when I was done and I tried to save, I was told the edit time has expired. So I wasn't able to make any change. How I wish the edit time can be extended when it's in the midst of an edit so that an edit can be allowed to finish. But anyway...

I put in the wrong link and it's not the Macrophage link but this : Atherosclerosis - Wikipedia :

Although arteries are not typically studied microscopically, two plaque types can be distinguished:[52]

1. The fibro-lipid (fibro-fatty) plaque is characterized by an accumulation of lipid-laden cells underneath the intima of the arteries, typically without narrowing the lumen due to compensatory expansion of the bounding muscular layer of the artery wall. Beneath the endothelium there is a "fibrous cap" covering the atheromatous "core" of the plaque. The core consists of lipid-laden cells (macrophages and smooth muscle cells) with elevated tissue cholesterol and cholesterol ester content, fibrin, proteoglycans, collagen, elastin, and cellular debris. In advanced plaques, the central core of the plaque usually contains extracellular cholesterol deposits (released from dead cells), which form areas of cholesterol crystals with empty, needle-like clefts. At the periphery of the plaque are younger "foamy" cells and capillaries. These plaques usually produce the most damage to the individual when they rupture. Cholesterol crystals may also play a role.[53]
  2. The fibrous plaque is also localized under the intima, within the wall of the artery resulting in thickening and expansion of the wall and, sometimes, spotty localized narrowing of the lumen with some atrophy of the muscular layer. The fibrous plaque contains collagen fibers (eosinophilic), precipitates of calcium (hematoxylinophilic) and, rarely, lipid-laden cells.
We now have an idea of what we're dealing with when trying to dissolve/remove plaque. A method I propose would involve 1) improving blood flow characteristics by improving the zeta potential of blood. This ensures that when plaque dissolves, the blood it dissolves into can do a good job of spiriting out the debri to where it's excreted; 2) the use of proteolytic enzymes to lyse away protein components of the plaque; and 3) the use of cyclodextrine together with helpful substances (such as vitamin E) to free up oxidized cholesterol and/or cholesteryl esters (aka cholesterol crystals) from the plaque.

I forgot about the calcium in plaque but I'll purposely not deal with it, come to think of it. It may just be the glue that holds the plaque together as it slowly crumbles.

I'm just thinking ahead for potential problem that lie with removing the plaque. I have to find a way to do it that's safe without making the process take too long, which means having the optimal dosage. Doing it too fast might risk an embolism when large chunks of plaque come off and block blood flow and cause a sentinel moment. Doing it too slow would make me lose confidence when I don't see any significant improvements.

Inaut

Limonene inhibits streptococcal biofilm formation by targeting surface-associated virulence factors.
Subramenium GA, et al. J Med Microbiol. 2015.
Show full citation
Abstract
The present study explores the efficacy of limonene, a cyclic terpene found in the rind of citrus fruits, for antibiofilm potential against species of the genus Streptococcus, which have been deeply studied worldwide owing to their multiple pathogenic efficacy. Limonene showed a concentration-dependent reduction in the biofilm formation of Streptococcus pyogenes (SF370), with minimal biofilm inhibitory concentration (MBIC) of 400 μg ml - 1. Limonene was found to possess about 75-95 % antibiofilm activity against all the pathogens tested, viz. Streptococcus pyogenes (SF370 and 5 clinical isolates), Streptococcus mutans (UA159) and Streptococcus mitis (ATCC 6249) at 400 μg ml - 1 concentration. Microscopic analysis of biofilm architecture revealed a quantitative breach in biofilm formation. Results of a surface-coating assay suggested that the possible mode of action of limonene could be by inhibiting bacterial adhesion to surfaces, thereby preventing the biofilm formation cascade. Susceptibility of limonene-treated Streptococcus pyogenes to healthy human blood goes in unison with gene expression studies in which the mga gene was found to be downregulated. Anti-cariogenic efficacy of limonene against Streptococcus mutans was confirmed, with inhibition of acid production and downregulation of the vicR gene. Downregulation of the covR, mga and vicR genes, which play a critical role in regulating surface-associated proteins in Streptococcus pyogenes and Streptococcus mutans, respectively, is yet further evidence to show that limonene targets surface-associated proteins. The results of physiological assays and gene expression studies clearly show that the surface-associated antagonistic mechanism of limonene also reduces surface-mediated virulence factors.

Limonene inhibits streptococcal biofilm formation by targeting surface-associated virulence factors. - PubMed - NCBI

Another benefit of one of my favourite supplements. Don’t know how effective on other types of bio films but I think it has general benefits

OP
yerrag

yerrag

It says from the link you provided on thread of Nov 2018 Ray Peat's Newsletter on Cholesteryl Esters US Patent Application for CYCLODEXTRIN FOR THE TREATMENT OF LYSOSOMAL STORAGE DISEASES Patent Application (Application #20180110798 issued April 26, 2018) - Justia Patents Search that the mechanism of action is through increasing lysosomal exocytosis :

"... the invention provides the administration of the compounds of the invention for the treatment of all 40-50 lysosomal storage diseases based on the mechanism of action of cyclodextrin (increases lysosomal exocytosis).

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@GAF Are you familiar with the use of CIMT (carotid artery intima media thickness test) aka carotid ultrasound? It is used to get an idea of the thickness of plaque in the carotid artery in the neck area. I was wondering if it can be used to monitor progress in reducing arterial plaque. I'm going to assume though that progress in reducing arterial plaque in the carotid artery would give an indication of progress in reducing plaque in the capillaries of organs such as the kidneys. It seems to be the least invasive method I could find.

That's very interesting. Another thing with me is I have keloid, which is a condition that's prevalent in people of African descent. I wonder if there is disposition towards fibrosis, as manifested in keloids. Is it possible that there's also fibrotic buildup in my kidney tissues?

Have you ever taken metergoline?

GAF

I am not familiar with CIMT. but I have an ex girlfriend who knows how to sonogram and has one at home. Maybe I will call her...probably not.

I sometimes wonder if artery clogging happens very quickly and is not a gradual process. Just think how fast your body can grow fingernails or anything really. Something goes wrong then boom it's there. Normally, the body would clean out the mess but sometimes not.

I think the problem is lipase related. Lipase is the body's fat cell/cholesterol manager as far as I have been able to read.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Have you ever taken metergoline?

I just checked on haidut's page on it as I've not tried it. I've ordered an enzyme blend though called ZymEssence, which has serrapeptase, which you had recommended on another thread, but I'm going to take it more for removing arterial plaque.

I am not familiar with CIMT. but I have an ex girlfriend who knows how to sonogram and has one at home. Maybe I will call her...probably not.

I sometimes wonder if artery clogging happens very quickly and is not a gradual process. Just think how fast your body can grow fingernails or anything really. Something goes wrong then boom it's there. Normally, the body would clean out the mess but sometimes not.

I think the problem is lipase related. Lipase is the body's fat cell/cholesterol manager as far as I have been able to read.
I'll see if I can do a CIMT. It doesn't seem so involved or costly as I can have it done by a lab that does ultrasound for an affodable fee.

As for lipase, I was hoping I could do something with cyclodextrins that would also eat up fat in the plaque, specifically on cholesteryl esters. I'm reading up so I could formulate a topical blend that would allow cyclodextrines to be absorbed through the skin. Thinking of ordering DMSO for that purpose.

Waynish

There should not be biofilms in your arteries! That would be very severe... There are biofilms in the hole connecting the mouth to anus (and urethra, vagina, and skin to some degree). So there are plaques that are part of biofilms, but I don't think they've been named distinct from the biofilm itself, have they? Biofilms can cause degeneration which causes arterial plaques, but that's another story.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals