Ways To Decrease Inflammation

paymanz

I don't remember Ray talking about spices in a good light, I think he said they are cytotoxic.

Regarding inflammation, it depends of what type of inflammation we are talking about. Context is everything.
Other than black peppers,have he mentioned other spices?

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I can't remember if you've said before whether tried mechanical means to keep your mouth shut at night to help conserve CO2? I think this can affect fluid control, which might be related in some way to inflammation?
That makes sense because it's giving me poor sleep. I don't think I can tape my mouth, because I don't like feeling confined. I notice when that stop breathing thing happens is when I try to take something to help me sleep through the night that puts me in a extra deep sleep which sometimes have intense drean (mostly frustrating ones). Its the worse when I think I need magnesium and the magnesium immediately after drinking it I get a little dizzy, breathing slows down then it triggers a mild anxiety attack mainly with the magnesium bicarbonate I make. The other magnesium I have is chloride and that one is as bad. All my life I always had low blood pressure and so do my family members.

tara

I don't think I can tape my mouth, because I don't like feeling confined.
That's what I thought when I first heard of it - I thought I would get panicky at having my breathing restricted, like I did once when a dentist tried to use a dental dam on me.
I'd recommend trying it and seeing how it feels to you. You only need a small piece of tape, and can leave big gaps to breath or talk around if you need it. You can take the tape off in a second if it starts to feel bad. I used butter or cocoa butter or other wax on lips so the light tape wouldn't pull the skin off in the morning. My experience was that I consistently felt calmer with the tape on than with it off, with the exception of when I had a severely blocked nose from a cold. And even then, if I could persist for the first minute or two of air-hunger till my nose cleared, I would feel much better for the rest of the night.
If the tape itself bothers, you can buy a fairly cheap chin strap for the same purpose.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

That's what I thought when I first heard of it - I thought I would get panicky at having my breathing restricted, like I did once when a dentist tried to use a dental dam on me.
I'd recommend trying it and seeing how it feels to you. You only need a small piece of tape, and can leave big gaps to breath or talk around if you need it. You can take the tape off in a second if it starts to feel bad. I used butter or cocoa butter or other wax on lips so the light tape wouldn't pull the skin off in the morning. My experience was that I consistently felt calmer with the tape on than with it off, with the exception of when I had a severely blocked nose from a cold. And even then, if I could persist for the first minute or two of air-hunger till my nose cleared, I would feel much better for the rest of the night.
If the tape itself bothers, you can buy a fairly cheap chin strap for the same purpose.
You know what I may try it..I could use exfoliation for my lips..lol. I just thought what is my boyfriend going to say.. lolhahaaaaa he will just give me that look and say this is why I love you and then say do what is going help you and will playful make jokes..I m use to it..lol. I will let you know how it goes.

tara

I just thought what is my boyfriend going to say.. lolhahaaaaa he will just give me that look and say this is why I love you and then say do what is going help you and will playful make jokes..
Lol, yeah, that's the tricky bit.
Maybe tell him that if you can train yourself to breath through your nose all the time you'll have better stamina for kissing? :)

Mito

I'm surprised Ray would specifically mention curcumin in his newsletter if it is anti-thyroid and serotonergic. Especially since he mentioned it with some of his favorites like apigenin, naringin, and aspirin.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Lol, yeah, that's the tricky bit.
Maybe tell him that if you can train yourself to breath through your nose all the time you'll have better stamina for kissing? :)
Lolhahaaaaa. . More for the sex that we have everyday. Now my boyfriend suggested getting the nose strips him and I been talking about getting.

My vote is red light. Followed by raising CO2 levels. Breathing exercises, thiamine in 1500mg per day, nose breathing, taping mouth at night.

Both most valuable Things I've done for inflammation by a long shot.

Mito

My vote is red light. Followed by raising CO2 levels. Breathing exercises, thiamine in 1500mg per day, nose breathing, taping mouth at night.

Curious how you determined that those were the best at decreasing inflammation for you? Did you use blood tests?

Diokine

Definitely. I've had the most healthful times when I am getting lots of sunlight (every 15-20 minutes I will spend a good minute or two outside,) and supplemental red light and remembering to control my breathing.

Curious how you determined that those were the best at decreasing inflammation for you? Did you use blood tests?

No. I judge by how I feel, and my headaches. Inflammation systemically makes my head ache locally. I can judge by allergies, bodily feelings, cognition, libido, erections, etc.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

Hello all,

I have a estrogen/androgen question. Most people here say estrogen is the cause of inflammation., so if that is the case then why do most who are trying to increase dht say they think they lowered there estrogen too low.

Also can you lower cortisol on its own with affecting other hormones like estrogen for example. I inflammation is more than just estrogen.

Are there armotose inhibitors that just reduce estrogen and dht.

I personally believe my testosterone is high and that is why I am estrogen dominant. I have been taking asprin and reduced my progesterone by mistake and increased sugar/fruit and noticed joints getting better. Oh I also add selenium. The vit b complex was added 2/3weeks ago but still had the joint pain until I add selenium and reduced progesterone. Aspirin hss been going on for about 1/2weeks but I up it the past two days.

Hello all,

I have a estrogen/androgen question. Most people here say estrogen is the cause of inflammation., so if that is the case then why do most who are trying to increase dht say they think they lowered there estrogen too low.

Also can you lower cortisol on its own with affecting other hormones like estrogen for example. I inflammation is more than just estrogen.

Are there armotose inhibitors that just reduce estrogen and dht.

I personally believe my testosterone is high and that is why I am estrogen dominant. I have been taking asprin and reduced my progesterone by mistake and increased sugar/fruit and noticed joints getting better. Oh I also add selenium. The vit b complex was added 2/3weeks ago but still had the joint pain until I add selenium and reduced progesterone. Aspirin hss been going on for about 1/2weeks but I up it the past two days.

I think they are wrong. It is low cortisol that causes muscle and joint pain in these instances. I got some yesterday when I took l-theanine. It lowered my stress hormones and my joints hurt. I think.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

I don't remember Ray talking about spices in a good light, I think he said they are cytotoxic.

Regarding inflammation, it depends of what type of inflammation we are talking about. Context is everything.
A little late replying but I missed this question, and seems to me an important one. Didn't know there were different types, can you list them. Anyway, I get inflammation in neck area and some swelling in hands and feet and joints, I have other weird things that happen. I was also wondering if there is a way to lower inflammation without lowering cortisol.

johnchi

Hi all

Can you give ways to reduce inflammation or link a thread I overlooked. Not sure if this is in coorect place.

Thank you very much.
A little background behind my story; I had a severe back injury a couple months ago and my doctor prescribed a plethora of prescription meds and although they helped, the mental effects were too much to handle. This began my search for alternatives and what I stumbled upon was CBD. I found a brand called Quanta that sells CBD in vape form and ever since using CBD my pain has been substantially reduced without the hazy side effects. If anyone is in a similar situation and sees this post I highly recommend just giving it a try!

johnsmith

A little background behind my story; I had a severe back injury a couple months ago and my doctor prescribed a plethora of prescription meds and although they helped, the mental effects were too much to handle. This began my search for alternatives and what I stumbled upon was CBD. I found a brand called Quanta that sells CBD in vape form and ever since using CBD my pain has been substantially reduced without the hazy side effects. If anyone is in a similar situation and sees this post I highly recommend just giving it a try!

No one on this forum knows much about, or has a strong opinion about CBD it seems. It seems to have hit the spotlight recently or something.

What about Lapodin as an anti-inflammatory?

Also, I've heard b-vitamins mentioned in this thread, but no mention specifically of niacinamide. I've heard thats a very good anti-inflamatory.

Also cold press coffee might have more inflammatory benefits then hot press?

Last edited:

johnsmith

Wow I just started nose breathing yesterday and I believe I've noticed a HUGE difference. I was experiencing a weird subtle dizzy like feeling (or something), from a concussion I had 8 months ago. I think brain inflammation may be part of the cause of this.

THANKS!!

Baltazar

Dhea increases inflammation
Bcause it lowers cortisol

Sugar unmask inflammation
So the inflammations got worse

I think bag breathing and sun are the best so far imho

Jpkoepse

High Quality Krill Oil has some very potent anti-inflammatory results and I've seen it make some dramatic improvements in bloodwork.. much more potent that fish oil.. however I believe this still falls into the PUFA category. But half a gram of PUFA might be worth the benefit depending on the individual....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals