Brain Inflammation After Basketball And Fat

Such_Umami

When I go basketball practice, I find it very hard to sleep that night. My brain seems very inflammed. After being out for a month due to illness, I got extremely inflammed and I couldn't sleep. I ended up going to the gas station at 5am and picked up a pizza. After that I slept pretty well.

I was wondering that it could be the fat. The brain is made mostly out of fat and I was on a very low fat high carb diet. I am also cutting weight slightly, otherwise I'm sure I'd be creating fat from the carbs. However, it made me wonder if I should get something fatty after basketball practice to perhaps reduce the brain inflammation. Has anyone got any thoughts?

HumanLife

How is your sodium intake? Going to a gas station to pick up a salty food might have come from an increased craving of salt after it was depleted.

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

It could be. I usually have a very high salt intake (around 30g). But I don't believe I had so much of it yesterday but it wasn't low.

michael94

I have worked around a few patients with very severe kidneys problems and they have been known to be at times .. completely unaware of whats going on. Their brain kind of stops working, perhaps due to kidneys not able to filter properly and this reaching the brain via blood. So if brain is inflamed this can be caused by intestines/liver/kidneys being stressed also. In fact, I have been able to reverse brain "fog"/restlessness almost instantly with certain things that work with kidneys mainly. But they have other side effects

OP
Such_Umami

Such_Umami

I forgot to add that lately I've been getting diarrhoea after practice also. Why could this be?

I have TNF mediated condition. It makes me insomniac especially after physical exercise. There are some posts on the forum about endotoxin-exercise connection. Exercises increase intestinal permeability that in turn rises inflammatory mediators levels to counteract LPS leaking from gut.

jet9

Are you getting enough calories? What does your diet look like?

I exercise everyday and sleep good unless:
- I don’t eat enough
- I eat wrong carbs (grains/wheat)

lvysaur

I think there's a difference between exercise and "basketball".

Exercise can be anything from walking to jogging to sprinting, the first two are relatively calm activities.

I think there are many health effects that could stem from activating "nervous energy". Basketball, football, many video games, could do this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals