Are Heavy Metal Detoxes A Scam?

mgrabs

There are so many articles everywhere talking about rebooting your system, break through weight loss hurtles, clean your pineal gland, balance your hormones, etc.

My question is.. aren’t our bodies detoxing naturally? Can taking all these tinctures and special solutions disrupt & raise inflammation? While dislodging them in the wrong places?

Curious if anyone has any knowledge to this because blood levels may say something is fine

& Hair Mineral Tests (HTMA) show you have toxic elements

Since we are forever exposed toxic elements..What are some great naturally ways to detox heavy metals through lifestyle & diet?
Liposomal Glutathione?
Sauna use?
Massages?

mostlylurking

There are so many articles everywhere talking about rebooting your system, break through weight loss hurtles, clean your pineal gland, balance your hormones, etc.

My question is.. aren’t our bodies detoxing naturally? Can taking all these tinctures and special solutions disrupt & raise inflammation? While dislodging them in the wrong places?

Curious if anyone has any knowledge to this because blood levels may say something is fine

& Hair Mineral Tests (HTMA) show you have toxic elements

Since we are forever exposed toxic elements..What are some great naturally ways to detox heavy metals through lifestyle & diet?
Liposomal Glutathione?
Sauna use?
Massages?
I have heavy metals poisoning, lead being the main attraction. I've been chelated with EDTA by IV many times. However, the last time I did that I got really sick (rheumatoid arthritis). I have learned that doctors are supposed to test your thiamine status before chelation treatments because if they don't address a thiamine deficiency before chelation the results can be fatal.

Lead poisoning (probably other heavy metals too) causes thiamine deficiency because the lead combines with the sulfur in the thiamine, breaking the thiamine molecule apart. This inactivates the lead but also inactivates the thiamine.

Trying to increase the body's level of glutathione is tricky. However, thiamine hcl supplementation can/does increase glutathione levels. TTFD thiamine, however, uses glutathione in its chemical process so it depletes glutathione. TTFD thiamine made me feel horrible; thiamine hcl resolved my symptoms and normalized my glutathione level (blood testing). I've been taking high dose thiamine hcl for 2 years and have resolved most of my health issues.

Here's some links:
HIGH-D0SE THIAMINE (HDT) THERAPY for Parkinson's Disease I chose to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol which focuses on the use of thiamine hcl.

Thiamine deficiency is a very big problem.

OP
M

mgrabs

I have heavy metals poisoning, lead being the main attraction. I've been chelated with EDTA by IV many times. However, the last time I did that I got really sick (rheumatoid arthritis). I have learned that doctors are supposed to test your thiamine status before chelation treatments because if they don't address a thiamine deficiency before chelation the results can be fatal.

Lead poisoning (probably other heavy metals too) causes thiamine deficiency because the lead combines with the sulfur in the thiamine, breaking the thiamine molecule apart. This inactivates the lead but also inactivates the thiamine.

Trying to increase the body's level of glutathione is tricky. However, thiamine hcl supplementation can/does increase glutathione levels. TTFD thiamine, however, uses glutathione in its chemical process so it depletes glutathione. TTFD thiamine made me feel horrible; thiamine hcl resolved my symptoms and normalized my glutathione level (blood testing). I've been taking high dose thiamine hcl for 2 years and have resolved most of my health issues.

Here's some links:
HIGH-D0SE THIAMINE (HDT) THERAPY for Parkinson's Disease I chose to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol which focuses on the use of thiamine hcl.

Thiamine deficiency is a very big problem.
Wow interesting! Im actually low in vitamin b1 but every time i try to supplement it i feel very off. What high dose were you using?

OP
M

mgrabs

Attachments

• F4F15A97-ABFD-4887-A783-7C579B0EE34D.jpeg
    F4F15A97-ABFD-4887-A783-7C579B0EE34D.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 1D5693F1-8F8B-4D4A-9CA9-1CC0B69CD2C5.jpeg
    1D5693F1-8F8B-4D4A-9CA9-1CC0B69CD2C5.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 22

mostlylurking

Dr Peat was opposed. He said they are unsafe.
Are you referring to chelation? Yes, I agree, chelation stirs up heavy metals and they can get redeposited in sensitive areas like the brain. I have found high dose thiamine hcl to be safe and very helpful.
Is there a recommended supplement to take?
There are several schools of thought on the subject. I decided to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol (thiamine hcl, high dose) instead of Dr. Lonsdale/Dr. Marrs/Elliot Overton's favorite, TTFD.

D

Deleted member 14744

I'm sure there is a need to detox sometimes and safe ways to do it, but I suspect these are scams. I also think it can be dangerous to release some of these toxins where the body has safely stored them away. I think each person has to figure that out on their own, I can definitely vouch for thiamine improving liver health which also involves detoxing, but these detox sales pitches are just that, sales pitches.

OP
M

mgrabs

I'm sure there is a need to detox sometimes and safe ways to do it, but I suspect these are scams. I also think it can be dangerous to release some of these toxins where the body has safely stored them away. I think each person has to figure that out on their own, I can definitely vouch for thiamine improving liver health which also involves detoxing, but these detox sales pitches are just that, sales pitches.
Agreed. I’m only saying this because I did 12.5 mgs of iodine for 6 weeks and boy was it hell. Still recovering. It released so much sh*t into my bloodstrem for excretion that it might’ve been too much at once

geusterman

Mgrabs, don’t let your iodine experience scare you off. It is a chelation of bromine which has hijacked the iodine receptors in your cells due to the proliferation of bromine in our environment/foods and distructive (intentional?) lack of iodine in our diet. Low iodine is a major source of reproductive organ cancers.
In an Zoom appointment yesterday with my doctor (Dr. Jeffry Dach, check out his webwork) he told me that bromine release is often through our skin unless we have enough sodium chloride to bind the bromine and then it can go out water-based in our urine. Bromine that comes out through your skin is oil-based and can cause body odor and rashes. Before you try iodine again spend two weeks salt loading and I think you’ll have a much better experience. For those who have medical issues like gonadal cancers or reproductive organ cancers like my wife did, you want to take 25 to 50 mg of iodine. We were able to take my wife’s biopsied breast cancer diagnosis to benign in seven months with large iodine doses and fenbendazole. And prayer. For those of us with no medical issues, 12.5 mg a day will eventually replace the bromine in our body. Bromine is constantly coming into our bodies.
Dr. Dach is good friends with Dr. David Brownstein whose book on iodine is a must read.

TheSir

Agreed. I’m only saying this because I did 12.5 mgs of iodine for 6 weeks and boy was it hell. Still recovering. It released so much sh*t into my bloodstrem for excretion that it might’ve been too much at once
What kind of symptoms did you experience?
To answer your question, the safest and most effective way of detoxing metals is based on keeping the organs of elimination clean and increasing adaptive metabolic energy (or commonly put, health). Then the body will begin to rid itself of metals and other toxins. This can take years, however. But it's the only way to remove meaningful amounts of metals from the deep tissue. In the meanwhile they will be incompletely surrogating minerals in various metabolic processes and thus decreasing the overall functioning of your body in insidious ways.

Things like IR heat therapy apparently speed up the process greatly. Lawrence Wilson had off the chart levels of aluminium, lead, cadmium etc in his hair for a few months straight when he was blasting his body with IR for 30 min a day. He was needing two hours less sleep by the end of it and was experiencing much stabler energy levels. I can send you his book about the subject if you're interested.

Last edited:
To answer your question, the safest and most effective way of detoxing metals is based on keeping the organs of elimination clean and increasing adaptive metabolic energy (or commonly put, health). Then the body will begin to rid itself of metals and other toxins. This can take years, however. But it's the only way to remove meaningful amounts of metals from the deep tissue. In the meanwhile they will be incompletely surrogating minerals in various metabolic processes and thus decreasing the overall functioning of your body in insidious ways.
I agree with this. For what it's worth I have been suffering from having rather pale stools for months to years (it has become the norm) and I started Milk Thistle several weeks ago and now my stools are quite dark. That is a sign that bile, which carries out toxins, is leaving my body. I can hardly believe how well it's working.

TheSir

I agree with this. For what it's worth I have been suffering from having rather pale stools for months to years (it has become the norm) and I started Milk Thistle several weeks ago and now my stools are quite dark. That is a sign that bile, which carries out toxins, is leaving my body. I can hardly believe how well it's working.
Excellent. Have you considered trying coffee enemas? Many swear by them and feel that they are unparalleled when it comes to clearing up the liver. I recently talked to someone who had cured their CFS with four daily enemas, milk thistle and ALA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals